How Stephen's delaying tactic CeeDee contract cost Cowboys

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't think there was any doubt whether or CeeDee was a legit No.1 WR this time last season.
I don't know about that. This time last season CeeDee had just put in only a half year of elite play. Before that there was chatter he might not get a second contract with us. Honestly, I'd have wanted to see more too. To his credit he put in a full elite year thereafter so the team needs to put up or send him onward.

CWR

Reaction score
So everybody knows that if ceedee signs early , he loses money.

So why the heck would his agent advise him to sign early? Do you people think at all?
The best way to get someone to sign is to actually attempt to negotiate. Don't you find it odd the only agents who wait represent COWBOY players?!?!

What are all these other agents doing?

JBS

Reaction score
The best way to get someone to sign is to actually attempt to negotiate. Don't you find it odd the only agents who wait represent COWBOY players?!?!

What are all these other agents doing?
The exact same thing. Why don’t you look around the league

AJ Brown traded
D. Adam’s. Traded
T. Hill. Traded
Jefferson late deal
Chase not signed
Lamb not signed
Aiyuk not signed
Metcalf late deal
Please stop

This is one position group in the last 2-3 years…this is 25% of the nfl and we are talking both 1 position group ! 1

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see how fast lamb gets a new contract when he holds out of training camp.

Bagman

Reaction score
So everybody knows that if ceedee signs early , he loses money.

So why the heck would his agent advise him to sign early? Do you people think at all?
Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!
I wish people could understand that. It takes BOTH SIDES TO AGREE. I guess it's just easier to bash Jerry Jones.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you.!!
I wish people could understand that. It takes BOTH SIDES TO AGREE. I guess it's just easier to bash Jerry Jones.
While CeeDee goes over the middle Jerry sips Johnnie Walker Blue. CeeDee is a top NFL receiver. His bad fortune is to play for the Dallas Cowboys whose senile owner doesn’t want to pay him like one. Yes, it’s much easier to bash the inebriated guy who doesn’t do anything for the team’s ultimate success.

CWR

Reaction score
The exact same thing. Why don’t you look around the league

AJ Brown traded
D. Adam’s. Traded
T. Hill. Traded
Jefferson late deal
Chase not signed
Lamb not signed
Aiyuk not signed
Metcalf late deal
Please stop

This is one position group in the last 2-3 years…this is 25% of the nfl and we are talking both 1 position group ! 1
Give me a break. A ton of players get contracts every year. They've already admitted to not negotiating with Dak. We've already watched them completely foul it up with 2 years of tags only to sign him to top end money on a shorter deal anyway.

I don't believe for a second they made a legitimate offer to CD. We'd hear numbers if that happen. Do you actually believe their PR machine wouldn't be working overtime to demonstrate how gracious they have been?

Are we not watching the same FO operate year end and year out?