How's RB Dalvin Cook sound for the playoff run?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember all the fools who wanted to pay cooks crazy money start of season here
Follow Stephen and just wait wait wait and he'll be cut and we can get him for LESS than what we really offered the player in the off season

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Heck yes get it done!!!

Sure one of the reasons why we do not run the ball well is scheme since were more of a passing threat, but its great to have him as insurance and we need insurance at the position going into the playoffs.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
What has he done this year to suggest he has anything left? 67 carries for 214 yds 0t tds. 63 rushes for 170 yards (2.66 yds/carry) if you take out his 4 longest rushes (longest was 14 yds). To me, it sounds like what we can get from our current RBs.

D4KADON

Reaction score
What has he done this year to suggest he has anything left? 67 carries for 214 yds 0t tds. 63 rushes for 170 yards (2.66 yds/carry) if you take out his 4 longest rushes (longest was 14 yds). To me, it sounds like what we can get from our current RBs.
He’s also shackled to one of the worst qbs in the leagie

This is a very simple way of looking at it

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's just that I can see Cook making a big play in a playoff game before I can see Dowdle doing it. That's why I'm interested. I realize the issue with the run game is the OL but that one big play may be the difference.
How much is it our OL and how much is it that our HB's suck? I have a hard time believing that an OL that has Martin and Smith on the interior is the main cause of running issue.

Even if Cooks isnt anything close to what he was (he isnt), he may just our running game a little bit of a jolt. Like you said, he is way more likely to break a play than Dowdle is

slick325

Reaction score
Cook signed a one year deal with the Jets and has waived guarantees reportedly. He is owed only approximately 70k for week 18 (he's received 17/18ths of his salary as of today), and then there are the incentives. He would make approximately 200k per playoff win. I'd need to know if the incentives were redone as well.

That isn't a bad deal even with the attainable incentive included. If Dallas wins a SB and has to pay him 870k, I'd think they would be just fine with that. Even Stephen the miser.

He'd be solid depth.

Last edited:

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s also shackled to one of the worst qbs in the leagie

This is a very simple way of looking at it
Hall was also shackled to the same QBs and OL and averaged 1.3 ypc more.

Not saying don't give Cook a shot, but your response isn't taking into account that Cook's ypc is less than any other back on the Jets this season (including Carter whom they cut earlier).

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Signing Cook sounds fun and I wouldn't mind it, but let's remember how many times Pollard has been hit behind the line this season.

Without better blocking the 1993 version of Emmitt Smith isn't helping this running game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s done virtually nothing this season and is averaging only 3.2 a carry. Plus he’s had 2 fumbles.