Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's a dimwitted response.

Either the playcall is wrong or it isn't.

Jerry Rice saying the same thing doesn't make the same statement truer. Conversely, a lesser player saying the same thing doesn't make it false.

Following your same logic, you, as fan, has no business even commenting on the matter.

Actually, the logic isn’t the same at all. There’s a big difference between a fan making comments on a message board, versus, a player calling out coaches or teammates to the media.

Great players also get more leeway with off the field behavior, than average or below average players. Everybody who knows anything about professional sports, knows that.

It’s the same idea behind the fact that Michael Irvin could try to stab a teammate and still be on the squad. If a practice squad level player does that, they’re going to get cut.

Teams don’t like to sign players that run their mouths to the media, so unless they’re a star player, It’s going to have negative consequences for them.

I mean surely somebody as bright and quick-witted as you, can see that, right?

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Good! Call out these incompetent coaches. Dak and these WRs are not great but they are not this bad. These coaches are the worst in the league aside from Jay Gruden in Washington. It's sickening how simplistic and predictable our offense is. The defense knows exactly what is coming. Garrett is losing this locker room and I love it. I honestly don't care if the bottom falls out from under us to force a change. Jerry is definitely seeing it crumble in front of his eyes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think guys like Romo, Witten, and Dez knew the score and tried their hardest to make chicken salad out of chicken poop, Romo changing plays liberally always looking for Dez and Witten.

I do too. And I think there's a big part of all of them (to varying degrees of course) that feel a sense of loyalty and gratitude to this team. One that, despite never winning a Super Bowl, has made them all quite rich. There should be some measure of loyalty there.

But deep down, these guys know the truth.

T-RO

Reaction score
Was Hurns calling out the coaches for the play called? Or on Dak for not calling an audible?

Teams can change their defenses on a play-by-play basis. It’s ultimately the QB who can “kill-kill” and call a different play.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Good! Call out these incompetent coaches. Dak and these WRs are not great but they are not this bad. These coaches are the worst in the league aside from Jay Gruden in Washington. It's sickening how simplistic and predictable our offense is. The defense knows exactly what is coming. Garrett is losing this locker room and I love it. I honestly don't care if the bottom falls out from under us to force a change. Jerry is definitely seeing it crumble in front of his eyes.
I cant wait to see what happens. I am at the point now and it makes me cringe. I am cheering for losses. I want Garrett and this entire coaching staff gone. I am done with watching 90s football in 2018

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When you run 3 receivers to the same side of the field that is one progression you do not need to progress from Hurns, to Beasley to the TE and then to Thompson and whoever else. He is slow on progressions.
Huh? So all Dak needs to do is look at 1 receiver out of 3 on his right side, and if not open, then look to his left? Just forget looking at the other 2 receivers on the right side? Is that what you're saying?

khiladi

Reaction score
Top money paid for average production was the reason they cut Dez. I don't remember Dak saying anything about Dez, but if you have a link I'll read it.

Money was still being paid regardless. And Hopkins was average when Savage was throwing him the ball.

And it looks like everybody is mediocre or average with Dak. Of course Dak spins his comments about a “number 1” in politically correct talk.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...the-league-necessarily-needs-a-no-1-receiver/

But he also has to say this, after throwing it behind Dez like he continually does even to this day,while ignoring on the very next play he sailed it over the head of Zeke, right into the arms of the DB for another INT returned for a TD:

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL...under-the-bus-for-interception/8251514231852/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah who cares, it's an easy out for him and jail sentence for anyone who doesn't speak up. Hurns goal is to get out of Dallas and onto an actual football team with a decent QB and coaches that know what the hell they are doing.

Or he can sit quietly have his name added to the ever-increasing list of "receivers who just suck", along with:
  • Dez Bryant
  • Terrance Williams
  • Brice Butler
And of course everyone currently here who's well on their way to having their names added.

Dre11

Reaction score
He's right but you handle that stuff in house, not in the media. He's got what 5 catches this year? Just cut him

He not right, the play is fine , they cleared that side with a speed out and Dak through the ball out side on the comeback instead of the inside where the Db has no chance other than go through the Wr to get to it. Which is a PI or illegal contact penalty. Can't sugar coat it , Daks's my guy, but he's struggling. I initially thought this was on the wr. But it's definitely on Dak. Unless the wr was suppose to to hitch, which would means he broke the wrong way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of these are newer and younger guys that don’t have that allegiance to JG or JJ like the old guard did. If they’re unhappy or being criticized for something that shouldn’t be all on them, they’ll pipe up.

Exactly.

And like in most cases, fans will "shoot the messenger" for delivering news that they don't want to hear.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

As well he should.

These are the coaches that set franchise records for offensive futility last year. For a team that's been around since 1960! As an expansion team! And Jerry Jones doubled down with coaches that gave him that. Now he's getting what he deserves.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Stash, from a fans point of view, I have no problem with the team getting called out. Now if I'm honest, I do get tired of reading the same type post, posted 50 times in a different thread but the fan has every right to speak their mind. The players, that's different. Complain about your contract, complain about things that are specific to your financial situation, complain after you get cut, whatever. Don't throw your team under the bus and don't do it in a public forum. That's just bad for everybody to me.

Bottom line, I believe in what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. That's just me.

Any of these wrs that signed here get what they deserve, they should've watch the all22 from last year and knew what they were getting into. If I'm a free agent wr (especially one a 1 year prove it deal) there's no way my agent could convince me to go to Dallas with Dak qbing. Yeah you might get paid for that 1 year but because your stats are going to plummet, you may be out of the league the next.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Or he can sit quietly have his name added to the ever-increasing list of "receivers who just suck", along with:
  • Dez Bryant
  • Terrance Williams
  • Brice Butler
And of course everyone currently here who's well on their way to having their names added.

Hurns has made money in the NFL. I believe he enjoys playing the game and just wants to be on a decent team and play good ball.

Of course you have the lazy overpaid players who could careless if the team is sinking into a lava pit.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
As well he should.

These are the coaches that set franchise records for offensive futility last year. For a team that's been around since 1960! As an expansion team! And Jerry Jones doubled down with coaches that gave him that. Now he's getting what he deserves.

If you watch other games, you will see how ancient and junk our offense is compared to other teams. You see schemes and adjustments. None of that goes on here. At all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Any of these wrs that signed here get what they deserve, they should've watch the all22 from last year and knew what they were getting into. If I'm a free agent wr (especially one a 1 year prove it deal) there's no way my agent could convince me to go to Dallas with Dak qbing. Yeah you might get paid for that 1 year but because your stats are going to plummet, you may be out of the league the next.
So why watch the Cowboys then? Go follow another team and QB. Sheesh

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honest question. What kind of thing specifically?

All of it. The entire thing. You present questions, which we have no way to know 100% what the real answers are. It introduces speculation, which in turn, creates more opinion, which gets discussed more in the media, which leads to more accusations, which leads to more of a story, which leads to more backlash with the team because now they all have to defend themselves and the rest of the team to every reporter they talk to. This is why you don't do this this way. All the while, Jerry could care less. The only ones who are really being effected by this are all of those who are not Jerry, the Jones family or anybody who Jerry favors.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hurns has made money in the NFL. I believe he enjoys playing the game and just wants to be on a decent team and play good ball.

Of course you have the lazy overpaid players who could careless if the team is sinking into a lava pit.

Or those who think it's "good policy" and "good business" to say nothing. You know, being a "team guy" and all.

When the fact is that what might ultimately be in this team's best interests is a full scale outburst and mutiny. Sometimes, you have to force uncomfortable change to happen.