Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Or those who think it's "good policy" and "good business" to say nothing. You know, being a "team guy" and all.

When the fact is that what might ultimately be in this team's best interests is a full scale outburst and mutiny. Sometimes, you have to force uncomfortable change to happen.

Dez did and it barely worked. Instead they kept Garrett and got rid of him(dez).

It's up to what Jerry wants imo. Is jerry tired of finally playing this ego game or will he make us suffer and go to his grave believing he was right.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Or those who think it's "good policy" and "good business" to say nothing. You know, being a "team guy" and all.

When the fact is that what might ultimately be in this team's best interests is a full scale outburst and mutiny. Sometimes, you have to force uncomfortable change to happen.

Jerry has owned this team for almost 30 years. In all that time, I've never seen outburst or mutiny work. I've never seen anybody "Force Change", never mind uncomfortable change. It's just not reality to me. The only thing that I see that Jerry responds to is profits and that does drive change IMO. Hurns complaing throw twitter is like a mouse fart in a hurricane. This idea that we can force change is something I've never seen work with Jerry.

JMO

wileedog

Reaction score
These WRs are getting criticized with anonymous coaches. Jerry comes out and says they don’t have a number 1 to deflect away from the offense.

Does it surprise anyone that the WRs are getting defensive?
This. If WRs are speaking out its because fingers have already been pointed at them - publicly - for Dak's troubles. You may not like them speaking out, but they have a right to tell their side of the story too.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Or he can sit quietly have his name added to the ever-increasing list of "receivers who just suck", along with:
  • Dez Bryant
  • Terrance Williams
  • Brice Butler
And of course everyone currently here who's well on their way to having their names added.

This not an argument for Dak, but the fact that Butler was on his couch when we called, kinda indicates he isn't very good. When TWill tested FA, he had no other offers and resigned here, again not a ringing endorsement on his ability. We really should have moved on from him for someone that at least had some potential. We already knew what his ceiling was and it wasn't all that impressive, then throw in his bonehead mistakes on and off the field. With or without Dak, they both kinda suck.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with anything he said. It's basically what a lot of us are saying regarding the offensive playcalling and qb play. It's a breath of fresh air having players be honest...garrettt's time is coming to an end.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This. If WRs are speaking out its because fingers have already been pointed at them - publicly - for Dak's troubles. You may not like them speaking out, but they have a right to tell their side of the story too.

They do have a right to speak there minds but the question I would ask is, to whom? Who can they tell their story to and for what purpose? Who can help facilitate a fair decision, on behalf of their careers? If you figure this out then that will tell you how they should move forward with their story.

Like it or no, that's the only audience they really have, if they want to help their future situations.

droopdog7

Reaction score
All of it. The entire thing. You present questions, which we have no way to know 100% what the real answers are. It introduces speculation, which in turn, creates more opinion, which gets discussed more in the media, which leads to more accusations, which leads to more of a story, which leads to more backlash with the team because now they all have to defend themselves and the rest of the team to every reporter they talk to. This is why you don't do this this way. All the while, Jerry could care less. The only ones who are really being effected by this are all of those who are not Jerry, the Jones family or anybody who Jerry favors.
You’ve pretty much described what a message board is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez did and it barely worked. Instead they kept Garrett and got rid of him(dez).

It's up to what Jerry wants imo. Is jerry tired of finally playing this ego game or will he make us suffer and go to his grave believing he was right.

Sure, that's what will happen at first, when it's coming from one guy, that's who they point they're finger at as a "malcontent". And now that he's no longer beholden to the team for a paycheck, he's even more honest.

Is that the "savviest " move? Likely not. But I still appreciate the honesty. If everyone else can pin it all on him (when it's been proven not to be), why shouldn't the guy be able to say things in his defense?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has owned this team for almost 30 years. In all that time, I've never seen outburst or mutiny work. I've never seen anybody "Force Change", never mind uncomfortable change. It's just not reality to me. The only thing that I see that Jerry responds to is profits and that does drive change IMO. Hurns complaing throw twitter is like a mouse fart in a hurricane. This idea that we can force change is something I've never seen work with Jerry.

JMO

Wade Phillips 2010.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao. I'm loving it. He's just saying my coach and qb sucks.. hum sounds like what we say on here everyday. boo hoo. not my dakiepoo

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Sure, that's what will happen at first, when it's coming from one guy, that's who they point they're finger at as a "malcontent". And now that he's no longer beholden to the team for a paycheck, he's even more honest.

Is that the "savviest " move? Likely not. But I still appreciate the honesty. If everyone else can pin it all on him (when it's been proven not to be), why shouldn't the guy be able to say things in his defense?

This should an interesting week for the FO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think Hurns wants out of here so he's just going to be a pain until they get rid of him.

He could've gone to the Jets but made the mistake of signing in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This not an argument for Dak, but the fact that Butler was on his couch when we called, kinda indicates he isn't very good. When TWill tested FA, he had no other offers and resigned here, again not a ringing endorsement on his ability. We really should have moved on from him for someone that at least had some potential. We already knew what his ceiling was and it wasn't all that impressive, then throw in his bonehead mistakes on and off the field. With or without Dak, they both kinda suck.

I'm not suggesting either Williams or Butler are any great receivers. But it is undeniable that their numbers - like every single other receiver playing in this offense with this quarterback have gotten worse.

That's an undeniable fact and the point I was trying to make. Anyone who sits back and continues to try to place all the blame on them is ignorant of the truth.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang Troy,Hurns, who's next to say Dak sucks? lmao Looney? If they continue to play bad, and the defense start getting blamed,does someone on the defense say he sucks too. lol :popcorn: