I’m obviously in the minority and in a big way

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do your negative you. We can agree to disagree.
As you create one of the most negative posts ever. Against good fans.

You think being negative to other fans isn't negative....it's your birthright crusade. Negative is negative no matter how you slice it. You'd think with your leadership certificates you'd know that. You may have gotten the paperwork but you learned nothing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This reminds me a lot of the 2016 offseason. Coming off a good year they did ZERO to build upon that season. Lost an offensive lineman and LB I think. Just went with the draft and pretty much crossed their fingers. I think we went 9-7 in 2017. People had to be asking themselves, what are they doing? Right now is the time to act, not do the same thing you did after we were 4-12.

I do believe this is their SOP and it is intentional. Otherwise I'd have to think they were mildly lacking upstairs. I would use the R word, but I think that's a curse now.

I'm already used to this. Cowboys will not pay for high priced free agents no matter what. Cowboys will not move up in the draft on day 1 or 2. We got one big trade for Cooper, but besides that, they don't do that either. It's just the draft and fill holes through FA. This is their SOP regardless of the prior season.

We have to hope we have another 2014 season when everyone had the Cowboys in last place. I think ESPN and their wizards had us at 6-10.
I am not sure what the master plan is.
I have heard that Jerry wants to do just enough to be relevant.
He would rather have 6 average years instead of 3 bad ones and 3 really good ones where the team could really challange for example.
It sure seems that way as he will never go all in.
I would rather he goes all in, mortgages the future and we really make a strong push for the SB, even if it means a couple of years of suckage in the future.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
How exactly are you in the minority? Many of us, including myself, think they’ll win the division. They have the best quarterbacks and best defensive player. The odds are in their favor. You’re asserting, if they catch a few breaks, they’ll win the Super Bowl. That’s true of everyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As you create one of the most negative posts ever. Against good fans.

You think being negative to other fans isn't negative....it's your birthright crusade. Negative is negative no matter how you slice it. You'd think with your leadership certificates you'd know that. You may have gotten the paperwork but you learned nothing.
Another keyboard warrior.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How exactly are you in the minority? Many of us, including myself, think they’ll win the division. They have the best quarterbacks and best defensive player. The odds are in their favor. You’re asserting, if they catch a few breaks, they’ll win the Super Bowl. That’s true of everyone.
Read the OP again. It’s all laid out. Jeez.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Offense wasn't keeping up either, not until the 9ers were far enough ahead that their defense took a break and let the Dallas O look like garbage time world beaters.

Pot - - - - - - - kettle?
So it’s a team sport? Thank you. Many here don’t get that.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Yes, I fully expect this team to repeat as division champions. I believe they have enough talent to get that job done again.
However, come January these two better step up their game or we'll see this photo again.
0Z940ly.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
I am not sure what the master plan is.
I have heard that Jerry wants to do just enough to be relevant.
He would rather have 6 average years instead of 3 bad ones and 3 really good ones where the team could really challange for example.
It sure seems that way as he will never go all in.
I would rather he goes all in, mortgages the future and we really make a strong push for the SB, even if it means a couple of years of suckage in the future.

You pretty much nailed it. That's what they're doing. All of the talk is just talk. Anyone can clearly see it. Since they've gone to this new SOP they never really had a bad year unless the starting QB went down. In 2015 and 2020. Those two teams are average to above average with their starting QBs.

It's like you said. The Cowboys are roughly 8-8 and have a good year now and then to challenge the league. But no really bad years. They're content with that. Regardless of what you think about these Cowboys, they'll be roughly .500 at worst. Around 12 wins at best. This is how they like it.

Creeper

Reaction score
This reminds me a lot of the 2016 offseason. Coming off a good year they did ZERO to build upon that season. Lost an offensive lineman and LB I think. Just went with the draft and pretty much crossed their fingers. I think we went 9-7 in 2017. People had to be asking themselves, what are they doing? Right now is the time to act, not do the same thing you did after we were 4-12.

I do believe this is their SOP and it is intentional. Otherwise I'd have to think they were mildly lacking upstairs. I would use the R word, but I think that's a curse now.

I'm already used to this. Cowboys will not pay for high priced free agents no matter what. Cowboys will not move up in the draft on day 1 or 2. We got one big trade for Cooper, but besides that, they don't do that either. It's just the draft and fill holes through FA. This is their SOP regardless of the prior season.

We have to hope we have another 2014 season when everyone had the Cowboys in last place. I think ESPN and their wizards had us at 6-10.

YES! In 2017 the Cowboys had to eat Romo's contract so they shed some players for CAP reasons and couldn't really do much to get new players.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You pretty much nailed it. That's what they're doing. All of the talk is just talk. Anyone can clearly see it. Since they've gone to this new SOP they never really had a bad year unless the starting QB went down. In 2015 and 2020. Those two teams are average to above average with their starting QBs.

It's like you said. The Cowboys are roughly 8-8 and have a good year now and then to challenge the league. But no really bad years. They're content with that. Regardless of what you think about these Cowboys, they'll be roughly .500 at worst. Around 12 wins at best. This is how they like it.
Thanks for the reply.
This will probably be the way things will stay until dak ages out.
Once we don't have decent qb play
We will have poor teams like with Campo.
Then the pressure on Jerry to make major changes will come.
Jerry may not be here either however as he is getting old.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
If all the breaks go their way almost any team can go to the Super Bowl. It's not about the breaks it's about being prepared for those breaks. Some teams just prepare better.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yet they won 12 games. Hmmm

Most of those wins were early and middle of season, because as a Cowboys fan you already know that the Cowboys struggled down the stretch when injuries to OL, Dak and Zeke started mounting.

And even the most die hard Cowboys homer has to admit that the talent on offense this season has declined from last season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Most of those wins were early and middle of season, because as a Cowboys fan you already know that the Cowboys struggled down the stretch when injuries to OL, Dak and Zeke started mounting.

And even the most die hard Cowboys homer has to admit that the talent on offense this season has declined from last season.
12 wins is 12 wins no matter when you win them. But keep on being a quitter. You do you.

Reactions: BAT