I actually have a beef with Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Fuzzy Lumpkin

By the way, my statement that you insulted was in answer to your direct question.

Further, in your amusement to my service, this is the 4th of July...but you didn't ask about this - my thumb on my right hand is missing and my left hand still has a platinum plate in it supporting bone.

Don't respond to another of my posts, you really find it personally amusing. I'll never again respond to YOU. You figure you are more important as a fan to offer even respect for honesty.
You are telling stories about yourself that are unprovable and then gratuitously pulling the authority card. I call that story time because that is all it is good for.

I asked you a question about how you would take someone who had no direct access or interaction judging you when you were an NCO. The only premise is that you have no such access or interaction -just like most people- and that you were an NCO, which was correct.

Quit playing the victim.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Houston taught the state of Texas...talent trumps dysfunction. Buddy Ryan didn't belong in Houston...but Jimmy 'beat up' his players for effect also.

Bum Bright had the mind set that he wasn't going to pass down the team to Tom Landry who he felt alienated from. Bright demanded a line of transition as Landry had not responded to his directions for the team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Houston wouldn't pay for a new stadium after Budy Ryan's encouraging ignoring ALL rules but his own and kept the Oilers from achieving top self success despite top levels of players in the league. Pure un-bridled aggression from the water boy...from A&I, to Pardee, who let it all go to include punches between coordinators and all players. The city of Houston refused to rebuild the Astrodome, until much later and it still stands across from the new stadium in Houston. The Oilers, instead, just moved to Tennessee.

Houston's first draft pick was RB Sid Blanks from Texas A&I.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You are telling stories about yourself that are unprovable and then gratuitously pulling the authority card. I call that story time because that is all it is good for.

I asked you a question about how you would take someone who had no direct access or interaction judging you when you were an NCO. The only premise is that you have no such access or interaction -just like most people- and that you were an NCO, which was correct.

Quit playing the victim.
:popcorn:
Even he can't tolerate his own crying.

CCBoy

Reaction score
1995 Art Modell decided to move the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore.
1997 The Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans.
1984 The Baltimore Colts moved to Indianapolis

*Some how Jerry's Cowboys survived the cash cap/free agency entrance and still made his team the top sports franchise in the world, through it all.

This team is again strong and the defense/team is still growing professionally much stronger!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Theodore Roosevelt introduced the forward pass to extend the life of football...go figure.

The head coach for Anapolis endorsed the forward pass and introduced the removal of some of the violence in the sport of football!

Rockne led Notre Dame over Army. They used what looked like a rugby ball, first.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
I'd like to have beef with Parsons, seems like a dude you could really enjoy getting to know over a steak

CCBoy

Reaction score
Theodore Roosevelt introduced the forward pass to extend the life of football...go figure.

The head coach for Anapolis endorsed the forward pass and introduced the removal of some of the violence in the sport of football!

Rockne led Notre Dame over Army. They used what looked like a rugby ball, first.
In the single wing the halfback threw the pass. The T formation created a pocket passer. The change in the football eliminated the drop kick.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sid Gilman and the AFC developed today's passing game and Vince Lombardi developed today's running game;

Lateral vs vertical games...

:muttley: In baseball the object was to go home and to be safe...with the Cowboys, Hail Mary!

CCBoy

Reaction score
A further touch with reality...the great wall of Dallas, every last one was an unknown or a reject from another team. Not a single one made it into the Hall of Fame.

Starting with that group, it no longer took 7 players to successfully block for a running play...as with Lombardi.

'91 it took some time for that group of linemen to grow to be the Great Wall.

CCBoy

Reaction score

3. Micah Parsons, Dallas Cowboys​

Kind of a terrifying thought. Last season, Parsons totaled 15 sacks, 17 quarterback hits, 74 quarterback hurries, and 42 stops in a season that sent most of Dallas’ opponents back to the drawing board. No defensive player had more total pressures last season than Parsons’ 106. The 2021 Defensive Rookie of the Year in a landslide, Parsons wasn’t really a full-time edge-rusher at Penn State, but took to the idea like the proverbial duck to water. Wherever he is on the field, he’s a wrecking machine.

Not only is Parsons an athletic marvel, he’s also got a scary array of moves to foil tackles and guards who have to deal with him. This counter/spin against Buccaneers right tackle Tristian Wirfs in the wild card round seems impossible to defend.

Parsons also has the speed and agility to work inside moves to the outside, rolling the depth of the arc to the quarterback. He did just that against Giants left tackle Andrew Thomas in Week 12.

Parsons can also win inside the tackles, both from linebacker depth and in the interior offensive line. Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who has always been evil with his pass-rushing plans, seemed to enjoy this specific idea, where Parsons would line up right behind the nose tackle, and shoot the gap for the quarterback pressure. Both Aaron Rodgers (in Week 10) and Gardner Minshew (in Week 16) discovered that this was not great for their passing games.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...ushers-nick-bosa-myles-garrett-micah-parsons/
A further touch with reality...the great wall of Dallas, every last one was an unknown or a reject from another team. Not a single one made it into the Hall of Fame.

Starting with that group, it no longer took 7 players to successfully block for a running play...as with Lombardi.

'91 it took some time for that group of linemen to grow to be the Great Wall.
The great wall was broken up by the car crash of Erik Williams, free agency of Gogan and Stepnoski...and Jimmy not handling the progressions after '93.

Larry Allen helped! But Nate Newton was convicted for drug sell...

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
What's Next: A lot of work for Overshown, and at multiple positions. Though listed as a linebacker, his coverage ability is far above what you'd normally find in a traditional LB (because he's a former safety) and, as such, could lend him garnering opportunities in the secondary as well. I expect it to be quite the rousing game of "Where's Waldo?' in training camp when trying to locate Overshown on any given snap.

Quotable: "Any and everywhere. … [There's] a plan for me: just moving me around. It's kinda like what I was doing in college. [It's] what you see right now with the Dallas defense — moving a lot of players around. … I know Coach Quinn has a plan for me. I'm just excited to work, whatever they need me to do, I'm gonna do it." - DeMarvion Overshown

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/role-call-overshown-will-be-everywhere-in-2023

Multiple player rotations will set this defensive squad off...

CCBoy

Reaction score
The final lesson for the Dallas Cowboys boils down to the game of football always has bad plays on both sides of the field.

What it all boils down to is which team handles adversity better.

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://ibb.co/XyNx5VF

https://ibb.co/yV2PF42

https://ibb.co/RPZMZk0

https://ibb.co/QK5zZP9

This is the requested information concerning evaluations via the military proving my statements. Further my validity on myself was insulted even though I directly answered what should have been a requested issue for comparison. The proof of a Congressional Appointment and Soldier of the Year was provided as well.

If the requesting person is unable to view...it was further provided - tough!

I don't lie and don't accept being referred to as doing just that.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
https://ibb.co/XyNx5VF

https://ibb.co/yV2PF42

https://ibb.co/RPZMZk0

https://ibb.co/QK5zZP9

This is the requested information concerning evaluations via the military proving my statements. Further my validity on myself was insulted even though I directly answered what should have been a requested issue for comparison. The proof of a Congressional Appointment and Soldier of the Year was provided as well.

If the requesting person is unable to view...it was further provided - tough!

I don't lie and don't accept being referred to as doing just that.
No one requested anything. I am not clicking those links and you are not an authority.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No one requested anything. I am not clicking those links and you are not an authority.
I was an NCO for 19 years and responsible for EER's for those beneath me for that entire time. I attended 4 NCO Development Schools and even included my own and last two EER's that judges my leadership and dependabilty at just such topic of leadership.

You have little real concept for leadership evaluation beyond hero worship.

Authority? You refuse to take on the directions of discussion by yourself and substitute your own insults instead. That shows your ignorance and true lack of ethics...in other words ... IGNORANT!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I was an NCO for 19 years and responsible for EER's for those beneath me for that entire time. I attended 4 NCO Development Schools and even included my own and last two EER's that judges my leadership and dependabilty at just such topic of leadership.

You have little real concept for leadership evaluation beyond hero worship.

Authority? You refuse to take on the directions of discussion by yourself and substitute your own insults instead. That shows your ignorance and true lack of ethics...in other words ... IGNORANT!
You have no idea about me. I like my privacy.

And again with the victim routine.

I have not evaluated leadership. I have stated that without direct access such evaluations are from a position of ignorance. How that is hero worship is beyond me.

You are obviously angry and melting down intent on ascribing some sort of emotional state. Sorry, I just do not find you credible. Melt down some more by all means though.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You have no idea about me. I like my privacy.

And again with the victim routine.

I have not evaluated leadership. I have stated that without direct access such evaluations are from a position of ignorance. How that is hero worship is beyond me.

You are obviously angry and melting down intent on ascribing some sort of emotional state. Sorry, I just do not find you credible. Melt down some more by all means though.
Stick the marshmellows back into your ears...good night and good bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.