I actually have a beef with Parsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stick the marshmellows back into your ears...good night and good bye.

:popcorn:
Even he can't tolerate his own crying.
Are you trying to be ironic?

I have been trying to talk about how we are not in a position to evaluate leadership, your player comps and plenty of on topic.

If you want to pick up your toys and go home that is okay. Don't think you've made a valid point though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stick the marshmellows back into your ears...good night and good bye.

:popcorn:
Even he can't tolerate his own crying.
So what is it that I am not listening to?

So we can conclude form this that your player comps in the OP are not reasonable. Parsons does not play that position nor does he play like those guys. He does pay like Derrick Thomas a DE though.

Seeing him at sporting events and soundbites from shorts and youtubes is not a valid basis to judge someone's leadership.

Many of those players that you mentioned were not great leaders and had top level success.

There is every indication that Micah has continued to train and improve with the club and on his own with various workshops and training academies.

You do not rebut any of that and you being an NCO for any given amount of that doesn't change it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

I think Parsons is a more fluid athlete and plays with better pad level but the way he attacks the corner reminds me a lot of each other.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I can't believe this went 20 threads for fictious beef, lol
The purpose was NOT directed at anything but to present perspective of still required growth of the Cowboys' Defense and for Parsons to be that top shelf leader. If he doesn't achieve and maintain the top shelf standards already referenced in thread...then Dallas will remain at the one and done levels and just get run over consistently in the playoffs and always falling behind in the games. They continue to just fall behind and stay there to the end of a tough game and with an offense that force catch-up in the late third to fourth quarters. This isn't a current hero worship thing.

Myself, I have faith in this coaching staff and think they are up to the task of building on up a Championship Team. I at least am NOT going to talk rotten about Dak and Jerry and place all past disappointments upon them. This is football and at least this fan will not be blind and unable to see as well as judge for myself how close that is actually happening.

Parsons is a good player, a Cowboy, and has the role of being the leader on the defense. This fan at least is already holding him to that level and standard of a proven and Hall of Fame set of players who fully functioned as a team leader at linebacker. He has the responsibility to affect that group and the team needs just that for him to achieve at a top level. Otherwise, teams will just double him up and wear him out. Dallas had a prior 5 ring player, Charles Haley, at the end position, and his standard of play is expected by this fan.

I'm not going to insult other fans to just be mischief in blaming Jerry, Stephen, or Dak Prescott...and many observations of elements that affect play on the field and being able to identify just those elements have been provided for a discussion. I refuse to participate in more of a purely hero worship based on a blame game instead.

Heck, Chuck Howley is just now receiving overdue respect for being that role of leader on prior Cowboys teams. But he was a good leader as well and going into the Hall.

GO COWBOYS!!! :starspin:

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Know who Vilma is? You really don't know much...
What the hell are you talking about? We weren't talking about Vilma, we were talking about how you said Parson's needs to be at the level of some of the top players in history like LT and Butkus. This comment about Vilma has nothing to do with the comment you responded to.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? We weren't talking about Vilma, we were talking about how you said Parson's needs to be at the level of some of the top players in history like LT and Butkus. This comment about Vilma has nothing to do with the comment you responded to.
Don't even know who Vilma was and why he was referenced. You actually know very little about linebackers and why they are tasked to hold together the efforts of the defensive line and secondary. Just keep your stereotyped limited knowledge to someone foolish enough to listen to a constant attitude only. You do no discussion work and are simply too lazy to check legitimate and posted sources. Talk to someone who cares about ring-tapping glory seekers. I won't listen here further. La...ti...da!

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's difficult to pinpoint the biggest strength on the Dallas Cowboys roster.

Most fans would point to the defensive line given the team's surplus of edge rushers and now-respectable interior rotation led by Osa Odighizuwa, Johnathan Hankins and 2023 first round draft choice Mazi Smith. The wide receiver room is another popular shout following the trade for Brandin Cooks, as the Cowboys now have two WRs with Pro Bowl potential. Not to mention, Michael Gallup has eclipsed 1,000 yards before in his career. The starting offensive line is as talented as any unit in the league, but the depth behind them eliminates them from consideration.

That brings us to the secondary, which would give the defensive line a genuine run for its money in this made-up competition. Going strictly off Touchdown Wire's Doug Farrar's slot defender rankings, though, it's virtually impossible for Dallas' secondary not to take the cake here.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/slot-defender-rankings-cowboys-jayron-kearse-daron-bland

CCBoy

Reaction score
Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
what??omg :facepalm:
wrong if they were never blocked they would have 50 sacks and 200 tackles a year lmao..

good try im betting you missed most of the plays they were blocked because back then the coverage from the airing and then post-game and not much social media says fans missed a lot especially ones they didn't focus on like they do with their teams players. parsons plays a lot like LT we all see it..
Watching tooling along here...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Those are all LB's. Is Parsons really a LB? He might be listed as a LB but he is a DE.
Yes he is and watch to see if linebacker's level becomes an issue for contract, as he still has those positional requirements. Fact and the Head Coach defined his roll, not popular convenience.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No this thread was about the team arriving at a top level, with a focus on the defensive side. Parson still needs to take charge and you need to quit reclassifying what was my intent...fact.

What now has been added are other defensively directed areas that can affect the defensive side.

Don't like directions and topic, that is your story then.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Watching tooling along here...
What's your watching is a person who has an opinion shared by about 80% of the population right now and it's against your 20% and you don't like it because not many people are agreeing with you even though we've gone 20 pages now and you still won't let it go the man has nothing left to prove he's historically his first two seasons NFL as a pass rushing outside linebacker and or a defensive end has some of the best numbers ever put up bad guy pick #12 in the draft who also was able to somehow get us a third round draft pick with the trade down and somebody you think he has more to prove he has nothing to prove what we hope for is he can still do this for three or four more straight years the same production maybe not get injured or dinged in the middle of the season that slows them down so you think you can show a chart on his drop off when really it was an injuries on top of another injury that slowed him down then I go watch the tape in the playoffs the man was nearly unblockable in the playoffs and even when he didn't get sacks he was pushing players into sacks yes even in the Tampa Bay and the 49er game you can watch the man was making an impact even without a stat line that's what great players do they make teams account for them so much that it leaves the other players all on the other side open to go make plays,

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you trying to be ironic?

I have been trying to talk about how we are not in a position to evaluate leadership, your player comps and plenty of on topic.

If you want to pick up your toys and go home that is okay. Don't think you've made a valid point though.
CCBoy is just trying show cleverness. It's not ironic it's pretentious.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What's your watching is a person who has an opinion shared by about 80% of the population right now and it's against your 20% and you don't like it because not many people are agreeing with you even though we've gone 20 pages now and you still won't let it go the man has nothing left to prove he's historically his first two seasons NFL as a pass rushing outside linebacker and or a defensive end has some of the best numbers ever put up bad guy pick #12 in the draft who also was able to somehow get us a third round draft pick with the trade down and somebody you think he has more to prove he has nothing to prove what we hope for is he can still do this for three or four more straight years the same production maybe not get injured or dinged in the middle of the season that slows them down so you think you can show a chart on his drop off when really it was an injuries on top of another injury that slowed him down then I go watch the tape in the playoffs the man was nearly unblockable in the playoffs and even when he didn't get sacks he was pushing players into sacks yes even in the Tampa Bay and the 49er game you can watch the man was making an impact even without a stat line that's what great players do they make teams account for them so much that it leaves the other players all on the other side open to go make plays,
You never get facts straight and make up your own to replace what is posted. You have NO disagreement or facts on what I DID post...

as appropriate as your good 'ol buddy supported misinformation:

No clue.

Not true.

No real application.

Now to reply in your own chosen manner and as similarly on target as what YOU present and reinforce:

Know why a crocodile is such a vicious animal? With all his teeth in his mouth...he doesn't even have a toothbrush.

Actually it's the madula oblongata that he possesses, but I add real truth as well.

I'm really proud that one is able to complain as well insult for a whole 20 pages.

I'm really surprised that you are able to even count that high.

As you were...and carry on, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.