I hope no one is truly panicking over these day one FA defections

waldoputty

Reaction score
The fact is that you're an internet guy trying to play GM.

Who's the "Pro Bowl FA" you're talking about? Again, it's just more of the "get somebody" mentality you have. You don't even know who you ant, you just want gratification.

well, did the Patriots just signed a FA for 14M aav?
is bouye a probowler?
did the green bay guy get 11 sacks - so was snatched up in the 1st day back by green bay?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Calling you on that. Which "Pro Bowlers"? Do you even know?

is bouye a probowler?
did the green bay guy get 11 sacks - so was snatched up in the 1st day back by green bay?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not now, just read it some where.
i am sure mcclay can find a serviceable corner that is a little worse than carr but much cheaper.

No offense, but I'm not putting any stock in it until I see something.

LittleD

Reaction score
Lol, ok, that doesn't even make sense.

Well we've lost 4 marginal average players to FA so far. Atlanta signed one and they at least made
the SB last season. We will field a team this September and will have to see if we are better or worse.
Can't tell anything right now. FA just started and for us it's still a week away.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Nothing like taking a weakness, making it more weak, then expecting one draft with seven picks to fix it.

Nobody in their sane mind is expecting that.

More like thinking that Tapper and Lawrence will be healthy and that will help fill our need at DE. Jaylon Smith will be healthy to play the MIKE which will greatly help. And Kavon Frazier, who was scouted as being similar to Barry Church, but a much better athlete, could take over at Safety or they may put Heath in at SS.

But, if you want to cry over Church and T. McClain leaving and not overpaying for some FA that won't ever fulfill his contract and that philosophy creating the mess we have on defense to begin with...so be it.

I'd rather build our defense the way we built our offense.

YR

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is bouye a probowler?

Who's the "Pro Bowler"? Again, you don't even know who or what you're talking about, you're just an impatient fan who wants satisfaction. "Just get somebody!" :mad:

Exposed.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Who's the "Pro Bowler"? Again, you don't even know who or what you're talking about, you're just an impatient fan who wants satisfaction. "Just get somebody!" :mad:

Exposed.

are you saying bouye is not a probowler???
i am a very patient fan.
i would rather the cowboys go 3-13 this year then do what we just did.

willia451

Reaction score
Some of them yes but thats not even my point. My point is the defense overall (secondary needed a lot of work, I admit) wasn't near the disaster most here made it seem and this non chalant attitude of losing all these players is being understated IMO.

Not every player is going to be a pro bowler and to think we can easily fill these spots with minimal cap space and draft picks isn't likely to happen in one year. Hope I'm wrong.

Most are looking at what happened in the first half against GB and calling the defense a disaster just overall.

They got eaten alive by a team that got blown out the very next week. DOH!!!

Can't say as I blame them.

But you're right. During the regular season, the defense definitely over-achieved in my book. Unfortunately, they don't hand out NFC championship or SB rings for regular season success.

Just is what it is.

aria

Reaction score
Well we've lost 4 marginal average players to FA so far. Atlanta signed one and they at least made
the SB last season. We will field a team this September and will have to see if we are better or worse.
Can't tell anything right now. FA just started and for us it's still a week away.
I could care less about who made the Superbowl and who didn't but I agree, its early and theres still plenty of time left. I just don't expect the same results as last year minys the secondary which would be hard to do any worse.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For the most part on thread, some good perspectives that also deal with change. Tony Romo's affects still aren't known for now, but could increase the strength of an immediate upgrade on the level of a strong cap and talent for the future...youth.

Hey, I'll call a spade as such....the Cowboys are losing some strong players, if not more than solid. They are getting paid in free agency, and that price tag won't appear on the immediate future for Dallas.

This season will be a tough one to repeat the success of even this past season. But youth and cap are stacking up for our Cowboys.

The secondary and defensive line are currently sub-par, and with a much stronger Giant and Eagle teams, this NFC East will be a tough one for our Cowboys. But with a change to Prescott now in effect, be patient right now, as the team attempts to move on to a Dynasty level of team.

Just for the record, don't be a 'chicken little' while this is all, and finally, coming to the front. The next three seasons would be major from this point, forward.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
are you saying bouye is not a probowler???
i am a very patient fan.
i would rather the cowboys go 3-13 this year then do what we just did.

No, he is not. Never made a Pro Bowl. You should do research for your claims.

waldoputty

Reaction score
And what is the point then? For you, it's just get somebody.

the point is to improve substantially to get to the superbowl.
not tread water.
there is no point to get to the playoffs knowing you will probably lose.
you are better off going 3-13.
then you can draft a war daddy and go to war.

LittleD

Reaction score
I could care less about who made the Superbowl and who didn't but I agree, its early and theres still plenty of time left. I just don't expect the same results as last year minys the secondary which would be hard to do any worse.

I don't either. All 31 teams saw how the Giants stopped Dak. They will be prepared for him this year. Going to be much tougher
to sustain drives and keep our defense off the field. Yep, much tougher.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
a1563406673bc7b102e3609d5e017fa5605a4bea01752b024f58c25a36c50ae9.jpg