I think a lot of people are taking the Dak friendly as “dumbed down”

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there are so many layers of dumbness in this post that reveals so much about you. just one single statement bears you to the entire internet.

you are probably a lonely old man, miserable, angry, mumbling. posting troll comments after troll comments with things that are beyond....beyond. I don't know what levels of dumbness.

you have never posted anything actually football related. made an actual football comment. its all TMZ. desperate for attention comments.

this is not about defending Dak. at the end of the day he has forgotten more about football than you have ever learned or know about football. I think Quincy carter who smoked it up has forgotten 100 time more about football than you understand about the game.

grow up old man. grow up. go to an elder care center where ever you are and socialize with some older folks and get yourself back together. living in anger and being lonely is not good for you. no one in life owes you anything. stop being so angry and miserable.
We arent supposed to attack people for their opinions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hopefully, the emphasis will be on more running with "opportunistic" passing situations.

That is, less passing on 3rd and long, more passing on 2nd and 3rd going short.

The better the running attack, the more Dak friendly type of offense. They can use the running game to set up the long passes to Lamb and Cook.

The defense should make the offense more Dak friendly as well by keeping the scoring down and giving the offense better field position. This would lessen the number of situations in which the offense falls behind and must catch up in the 2nd half.

They should limit the passing to 30 or less attempts. Again, the Cowboys are 27-1 when Dak throws 28 or less passes.

It is no coincidence that Tony Romo was the #1 ranked quarterback in passer rating the only time in his career in 2014. That was the same season Murray broke the Cowboys single season rushing record. It was also the least number of passes Romo threw when playing an entire season.

The term "Dak friendly offense" isn't a specific assortment of plays. It is a philosophical strategy to reduce the pressure and stress on the QB by reducing the number of critical and game deciding plays placed on his shoulders. Obviously, they can be reduced but not eliminated.
the better the running attack. the better and easier for any QB in the league. its key. if you are in 2nd and long on every series most of the time, then the offense will struggle. any offense (outside of one run by mahomes) will struggle. makes the probability of passing higher, and thus defense is more apt to stopping the play.

btw, the offense with Dak would have ranked tops in the league on a per game average in 2022. I think its going to come down to making key stops. and allowing us to run the clock and run it during crucial times of the game and converting some key downs that we struggled in some games. and its modern NFL, all top offensive teams pass more than 30 times a game. top 10 35 times a game. cowboys averaged 32 times a game

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We arent supposed to attack people for their opinions.
its not attacking him for an opinion. the comment makes zero contribution to anything on the topic. there was no elaboration on anything. just a troll statement to solicit reaction. I made an observation. perhaps I could have been a little easier on him, but I stated the obvious.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's 100% fact that Dak does NOT process things quickly, and does need a dumbed down offense....but to his credit, I do not think that Dak is lazy. HOWEVER, Fat Mike is lazy....it was ZERO shock to me when he came out with the "we'll be running it more" statement weeks ago.....what that really means, is that I am too lazy, and probably not smart enough to come up with any new schemes....he will bring NOTHING to the offense.....put that in three (3) inch bold letters as well. That lying con man should have been axed 1 minute after the first SF playoff loss.
where is this 100% fact? facts can be proven and you have nothing buy your eye test and opinion. so this is 100% opinion based, by someone who is part of the Bash Dallas crowd, given you are attacking anyone related to Dallas. Fat Mike!! really....why childish insults. you have shown you have nothing but an agenda to drive, come hell or high water you are going to do it.

btw, why so angry. did someone P!ss in your coffee today?

Mannix

Reaction score
where is this 100% fact? facts can be proven and you have nothing buy your eye test and opinion. so this is 100% opinion based, by someone who is part of the Bash Dallas crowd, given you are attacking anyone related to Dallas. Fat Mike!! really....why childish insults. you have shown you have nothing but an agenda to drive, come hell or high water you are going to do it.

btw, why so angry. did someone P!ss in your coffee today?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Personal attack…Personal attack

LonnieElam

Reaction score
there are so many layers of dumbness in this post that reveals so much about you. just one single statement bears you to the entire internet.

you are probably a lonely old man, miserable, angry, mumbling. posting troll comments after troll comments with things that are beyond....beyond. I don't know what levels of dumbness.

you have never posted anything actually football related. made an actual football comment. its all TMZ. desperate for attention comments.

this is not about defending Dak. at the end of the day he has forgotten more about football than you have ever learned or know about football. I think Quincy carter who smoked it up has forgotten 100 time more about football than you understand about the game.

grow up old man. grow up. go to an elder care center where ever you are and socialize with some older folks and get yourself back together. living in anger and being lonely is not good for you. no one in life owes you anything. stop being so angry and miserable.
You do realize you just went on an anger-filled, long-winded diatribe yourself, over what a stranger said on the internet, right? Self-awareness goes a long way.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Personal attack…Personal attack
oh grow up! didn't like me calling out BS and want to continue on opinions being passed as facts and now you want people banned because you are being exposed..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You do realize you just went on an anger-filled, long-winded diatribe yourself, over what a stranger said on the internet, right? Self-awareness goes a long way.
nah. I called him out, as he is one of the most TMZ posters on this board. what I stated was fact. read through his posts. none is contributing anything to any conversation what so ever on this board. replace the name and put it on another board and its a meaningless comment. put it on a celebrity site with a celebrity name and its still meaningless. one sentence, with no qualification of why he eve said what he said. pure troll comment, seeking attention. I am actually trying to help him out. where he is going and what he is doing is not going to help him out. he has to help himself out. first step is to admit you have a problem. then seek to change it and fix it.

the guy is just extremely angry. not sure what's bugging him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They aren't inventing a new offensive scheme for him. All "Dak Friendly" means is to tailor game plans toward things Dak does best. All teams do that to some degree
and every Coach should be doing it. make it easier for their QB to play better. but leave it to Bash Dak over dallas cult.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ah yes, another blame Moore post. Previously, the Dak fanboys were telling us how explosive the passing game has been under Moore traditionally, cough cough, I mean Dak.

Now Dak, per this post, is Peyton Manning with his ability to read defenses and make quick decisions on the fly and get the ball out quickly. Mr. Hold the Ball, triple pump, wait for the WR to be open by 13 yards before he releases it Dak..

Mannix

Reaction score
oh grow up! didn't like me calling out BS and want to continue on opinions being passed as facts and now you want people banned because you are being exposed..
I was being funny…I could give two S’s what you or anyone else on here says about me…I was NOT trying to get you in trouble…I think you are the only one that took it that way.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Every NFL team tailors their offense to the QB's strengths. Thinking otherwise is just silly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s what the Cowboys are trying to get across. Moore’s vertical based offense had wr and the qbs both make adjustments while running 25 yards down the field only to lead to a pick because one or both were often not reading the same thing from the defense. McCarthys offense is going to contain most of the verbiage in the play call telling the qb and wrs where to be. Daks job is to get the ball out in the 10-15 yard range letting the wr or rb take the ball up the field horizontally. The ball comes out quickly on a step count limiting the turnovers. He’s going to have more time to read the defense upfront and based on his initial look and how the defense lines up the qb and wrs know what side of the field to target. Instead of a bunch of cues the wrs will be focused on their breaks and how many steps to take then break. The qb will be focused on how many steps until the ball comes out and throwing to a spot. Everything is timed planned and must go off on a certain step count.
Kellen Moore has made a few very complimentary comments about how thoroughly Justin Herbert picks up the offense and how quickly he adjusts to input.
I don't think that was meant as anything other than a compliment (not a jab at Dak) but the fact that has pointed it out a few times is interesting.

Ken

Reaction score
Yup just the difference between WCO and Air Coryell principles. One isn’t dumber or smarter than the other necessarily, just different philosophies.
No one is definitely smarter and has dozens of super bowls to back it up.

We should have done this when we hired McCarthy. Dumbest move ever.

817Gill

Reaction score
No one is definitely smarter and has dozens of super bowls to back it up.

We should have done this when we hired McCarthy. Dumbest move ever.
Haha was trying to be nice but yes WCO has had much more success in this league for sure.

Reactions: Ken

LonnieElam

Reaction score
nah. I called him out, as he is one of the most TMZ posters on this board. what I stated was fact. read through his posts. none is contributing anything to any conversation what so ever on this board. replace the name and put it on another board and its a meaningless comment. put it on a celebrity site with a celebrity name and its still meaningless. one sentence, with no qualification of why he eve said what he said. pure troll comment, seeking attention. I am actually trying to help him out. where he is going and what he is doing is not going to help him out. he has to help himself out. first step is to admit you have a problem. then seek to change it and fix it.

the guy is just extremely angry. not sure what's bugging him.
But, how do his posts affect your life? Why do you let it get you riled up? Just put dude on IGNORE and continue on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But, how do his posts affect your life? Why do you let it get you riled up? Just put dude on IGNORE and continue on.
I am not riled up. quite the contrary. I am trying to help him out. he is a soul screaming for help. despite everything I don't hate him or anything. he is a cowboys fan unlike a few other fake ones on this board. he is misguided for sure. his posts and comments have greatly degraded over time. I truly feel sorry for him and as a fellow cowboys fan, trying to help him out. sometimes you have to throw cold water in people face, call them out, confront them (an intervention of sorts).
he is also a veteran, so I have a soft spot for veterans, many of whom suffer with mental issues.