I think a lot of people are taking the Dak friendly as “dumbed down”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Are they actually running a west coast offense or are they just not letting Receivers have the option to do what they want as much?
IMHO, there is no pure this offense or pure that offense. its all melted together with concepts. and even MM said, 70% of the offense remains. he is changing a few things in pre-snap and also some new elements he is introducing. I think the biggest change is going to come with route combinations called on the pass plays. Moore had a tendency to run WRs into the same are and not attack all passing areas of the field. hoping it would confuse defenders to make mistakes in deciding which WR to cover, but also had WRs making choices late in the route and led to QB and WR not having same read..... so I am anxious to see the pass plays MM calls and how he plans to attack the field. Also game management is going to be interesting to see, as moore also struggled there at times.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I am not riled up. quite the contrary. I am trying to help him out. he is a soul screaming for help. despite everything I don't hate him or anything. he is a cowboys fan unlike a few other fake ones on this board. he is misguided for sure. his posts and comments have greatly degraded over time. I truly feel sorry for him and as a fellow cowboys fan, trying to help him out. sometimes you have to throw cold water in people face, call them out, confront them (an intervention of sorts).
he is also a veteran, so I have a soft spot for veterans, many of whom suffer with mental issues
These are all strangers that you've never met, and will likely never meet. So weird, but ok.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Those that dont understand football will take it that way.

The truth is that THIS offense and the players in it are better than they were last year.

Gallup, Cooks, tolbert, Pollard, Tyron Smith and the starting Oline. Scheme also appears to be better in design.
I hope you remember this post because I will, with respect.

I have been a believer in a much better offense this season, just don't want to hear any more excuses.

Cooks has been added, Gallup coming off of 2 yrs rehab, depth chart is deeper now with Tolbert, Turp, Brooks as well as others.

Brooks already moving ahead of Fehoko IMHO, we will see performance analysis when playing live preseason games we get an actual look, but right now, Brooks is pushing Fehoko hard, and winning the early battles it seems.

2nd year TEs developing quickly with Ferg leading the pack, investment made on 2nd rounder LS, I will call him by his full name when he earns it, right now its Ferg and H that we look at and acknowledge.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You didnt read anything OP said. Its not dumbed down, its a different philosophy. Listen to the Lamb interview, he explains that Dak actually has more responsibility. So please explain to us, how would that would be considered dumbing down?
Perhaps the term "dumbed down" is a bit harsh for some, I would call it a more QB friendly offense if being totally PC.
Most smart teams have afforded the best QBs in the league with dump off options so you don't get your QB totally destroyed.
Just ask Andy Reid about the importance of safety valve short offense targets.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
These are all strangers that you've never met, and will likely never meet. So weird, but ok.
internet friends :) known him for years in this neighborhood. he has changed over the years. he was more into football and has become totally the opposite. he did go through some hard times.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Perhaps the term "dumbed down" is a bit harsh for some, I would call it a more QB friendly offense if being totally PC.
Most smart teams have afforded the best QBs in the league with dump off options so you don't get your QB totally destroyed.
Just ask Andy Reid about the importance of safety valve short offense targets.
every offense in NFL should be designed to be QB friendly. the OC that designs a non friendly QB scheme should be fired.

but I know the agenda of some.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope you remember this post because I will, with respect.

I have been a believer in a much better offense this season, just don't want to hear any more excuses.

Cooks has been added, Gallup coming off of 2 yrs rehab, depth chart is deeper now with Tolbert, Turp, Brooks as well as others.

Brooks already moving ahead of Fehoko IMHO, we will see performance analysis when playing live preseason games we get an actual look, but right now, Brooks is pushing Fehoko hard, and winning the early battles it seems.

2nd year TEs developing quickly with Ferg leading the pack, investment made on 2nd rounder LS, I will call him by his full name when he earns it, right now its Ferg and H that we look at and acknowledge.
You remember whatever you want. You will probably make up lies anyway about what you thought I meant.

I have no idea what you are talking about with excuses. I point out facts.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not riled up. quite the contrary. I am trying to help him out. he is a soul screaming for help. despite everything I don't hate him or anything. he is a cowboys fan unlike a few other fake ones on this board. he is misguided for sure. his posts and comments have greatly degraded over time. I truly feel sorry for him and as a fellow cowboys fan, trying to help him out. sometimes you have to throw cold water in people face, call them out, confront them (an intervention of sorts).
he is also a veteran, so I have a soft spot for veterans, many of whom suffer with mental issues.
Nothing like a self-proclaimed internet psychologist.:rolleyes:

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I watched last year teams like the eagles and giants run read option plays 50% of the time, and it worked. If something works for us then do it, who cares if it's dumbed down. As a matter of fact I woulda have loved to see dak not throwing the ball on the 2nd and 2 int before halftime against SF.

Run whatever gets us points. Until the defense adjust then run something else. We should be using more read option stuff because dak has shown he can do it, and it works for this offense. Even just once a drive to pickup a key first down and keep the chains moving.
Run whatever gets us points. Wonder why nobody ever thought of that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
there are so many layers of dumbness in this post that reveals so much about you. just one single statement bears you to the entire internet.

you are probably a lonely old man, miserable, angry, mumbling. posting troll comments after troll comments with things that are beyond....beyond. I don't know what levels of dumbness.

you have never posted anything actually football related. made an actual football comment. its all TMZ. desperate for attention comments.

this is not about defending Dak. at the end of the day he has forgotten more about football than you have ever learned or know about football. I think Quincy carter who smoked it up has forgotten 100 time more about football than you understand about the game.

grow up old man. grow up. go to an elder care center where ever you are and socialize with some older folks and get yourself back together. living in anger and being lonely is not good for you. no one in life owes you anything. stop being so angry and miserable.
WTH? Wow...interesting. Now I see...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IMHO, there is no pure this offense or pure that offense. its all melted together with concepts. and even MM said, 70% of the offense remains. he is changing a few things in pre-snap and also some new elements he is introducing. I think the biggest change is going to come with route combinations called on the pass plays. Moore had a tendency to run WRs into the same are and not attack all passing areas of the field. hoping it would confuse defenders to make mistakes in deciding which WR to cover, but also had WRs making choices late in the route and led to QB and WR not having same read..... so I am anxious to see the pass plays MM calls and how he plans to attack the field. Also game management is going to be interesting to see, as moore also struggled there at times.
Yeah I don’t think we are running a west coast offense.

Maybe I’m wrong.

I just think he’s cleaning some things up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I assue you, im not the one that needs help.

Now....someone running around blithering about other people's mental state....on an internet message board....might.
I have help, there is 4 guys in my head that we are always conversing and making sure everything is cool. there is a 5th guy who wants to join, but we are not sure about him yet.
your point?

:eek:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think we are running a west coast offense.

Maybe I’m wrong.

I just think he’s cleaning some things up.
MM wants every defense in the league to believe it will be a WCO, lol.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s what the Cowboys are trying to get across. Moore’s vertical based offense had wr and the qbs both make adjustments while running 25 yards down the field only to lead to a pick because one or both were often not reading the same thing from the defense. McCarthys offense is going to contain most of the verbiage in the play call telling the qb and wrs where to be. Daks job is to get the ball out in the 10-15 yard range letting the wr or rb take the ball up the field horizontally. The ball comes out quickly on a step count limiting the turnovers. He’s going to have more time to read the defense upfront and based on his initial look and how the defense lines up the qb and wrs know what side of the field to target. Instead of a bunch of cues the wrs will be focused on their breaks and how many steps to take then break. The qb will be focused on how many steps until the ball comes out and throwing to a spot. Everything is timed planned and must go off on a certain step count.
Dumbed down may be a good thing for Dak.