If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never said that, but you know they're gonna be up for New England and they're at home. Anything can happen. I don't expect the Giants to win, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

It will blow my mind if the Giants even keep that game competitive. They are severely outclassed and pass rush is mom existent

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I keep looking at the NFCE; Romo coming back; Team fighting back;

I get it, I understand why there is still hope. I want to have hope.

But, I think its going to become crystal clear, soon enough.......................

were not that good. were not that deep. we need everything to be "perfect" to win. rarely is everything perfect.

I think the team is close to giving up on the season. coaches. I think there are guys playing, that we think are good, but in reality, aren't that great. we are going to end up with 6 or 7 wins.......

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not if Philly wins the next two as well, which they likely will.

Well eagles could win out and finish 12-4. so could giants.
anything can happen.
I do know that people look at phil next 3 opponents and say o they win all 3 of those, but that isnt how it works in NFL.
They could lose all 3, 2 or 1 or none of those. you never know.
NE will give them loss # 5, and ARiz likely gives them loss # 6, We just need another team or 2 to beat them also.

Same fo r NYG, NE will make them 5-5 and if we are 3-6, giants get bye, we win again and it is 4-6 to 5-5.

I know this , Tampa game is huge and if dallas wins, it makes the next game way more interesting, and each time phil or NY loses,
it is reason to be excited.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I keep looking at the NFCE; Romo coming back; Team fighting back;

I get it, I understand why there is still hope. I want to have hope.

But, I think its going to become crystal clear, soon enough.......................

were not that good. were not that deep. we need everything to be "perfect" to win. rarely is everything perfect.

I think the team is close to giving up on the season. coaches. I think there are guys playing, that we think are good, but in reality, aren't that great. we are going to end up with 6 or 7 wins.......

Well none of the nfce teams are all that good, they are all about the same.
and I might add I want dallas to make the playoffs, but I dont think they can compete with the other teams, but if they beat Carolina and GB
I would change my mind on that.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
we need our starting quarterback to win.
yeah. And I keep telling you that's the problem.

The fact we haven't been able to pull out one lousy win without him, should tell you a lot about the depth on this team. We are weak in the middle to lower graded/paid players.

I think the loss of some guys really hurt us. Smith, Durant, Harris,,,,,

However you cut it actual, whatever the spin or excuse or reason.

We are 2-6. The Commanders have a better record. I know , I know, but this and that and injuries.....

We shouldve been able to win a game without Romo. We havent accomplished that task. A 6 game losing streak is pretty telling. I know, I know......we were so close werent we? Its an L.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Well none of the nfce teams are all that good, they are all about the same.
and I might add I want dallas to make the playoffs, but I dont think they can compete with the other teams, but if they beat Carolina and GB
I would change my mind on that.

We beat the Bucs, I will be dumb enough to hope Romo can win out.....

We beat GB and Carolina, I will think the football gods and pendulum of luck have done a 360 and it will be the "Romo is great Mantra" and I will Blindly and happily jump on that train....

It still concerns me, were weak without him......weak in the middle.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
From where ah see it, we half to win out and the giANTS half to lose out.
OK

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

The fact we haven't been able to pull out one lousy win without him, should tell you a lot about the depth on this team. We are weak in the middle to lower graded/paid players.

We are 2-6. The Commanders have a better record. I know , I know, but this and that and injuries.....

We shouldve been able to win a game without Romo. We havent accomplished that task. A 6 game losing streak is pretty telling. I know, I know......we were so close werent we? Its an L.

Eh depth has suffered from injuries as well.

Scandrick was your best defender for a good portion of last season. Hardy had taken over that spot and missed four games. Lee is behind him and has missed parts of multiple games. T. McClain got lost for the season after the best game of his career. Dunbar added an element that no one on the roster can replace. Dez missed 5. It's not just Tony.

Depth is an easy criticism, but teams aren't built to replace their two best players, who are also two of the best players in the league, and then play multiple games while simultaneously missing all those other guys. It's not realistic with the roster limits. Still wouldn't be having this conversation if Tony hadn't gotten hurt. Unlikely to matter but the story of the 2015 Cowboys season is injuries to this point.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The loss Sunday night put Philadelphia in the driver's seat.

Win versus Miami, Win versus TB, Win versus DET. All doable to put them at 7-4

NE makes 7-5. Then Buffalo, Arizona, Washington and the Giants again. Even a split in those four games puts them at the magical 9-7 that everyone thinks is an automatic division title.

Well I agree losing to phil was big, and gave them the edge.
but you cant assume eagles will beat the lowly teams, we were 2-5 and almost beat them. wash beat them too.

there is still hope, and dallas can increase the hope by winning in TB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I personally think Dallas is better than philly with Romo on the field. And it's not even close. Jordan hicks being ruled out for thr season really hurts their defense

Well that is payback for romo! they will not be as good without him.
He was a playmaker.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I was referring to when we play Miami. I think we can beat Tampa without romo. I think. I hope. And hicks was leading their team in turnovers. When we play Miami we will be at full strength is what I was alluding to

I think tampa has gotten better each week, so they are no pushover, they beat atlanta who beat all 4 east teams!
I think it will be a struggle each week even with romo, but hopefully we can keep pulling out wins.

One thing I worry about is jameson running the ball. Dont know if dallas can handle that.
hopefully they put a spy on him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I get your point, but I don't like the logic to this. How are we giving teams automatic losses to elite teams, and in the same breath assuming we will run the table despite obstacles such as Carolina and Green Bay at Lambeau on the schedule?

Us playing Carolina basically nullifies the other guy's game vs. New England. We're gonna need help elsewhere beyond the Patriots.

I said if we win the next 2 we then have to beat carolina, since the other teams will likely lose to them. (statement game)
If it is still going by time GB rolls around we need to beat them too. (revenge game)

tomsanders921

Reaction score
95 other teams have been sitting at 2-6 thinking the exact same thing.........if we win next week, we can get on a roll and still make the playoffs.

How did it work out for those 95 teams?..................................0-95

Just adding some perspective to the task in front of us.

How many of those other teams were 2-0 and then saw their mvp go down for six games? We also play in a weak division so anything can happen.

Do I think we will make the playoffs? No. I think the absolute best we will do is 8-8. So we would need a lot of help to have a chance. If we would have pulled out just one of the games against the eagles and giants we would be in good shape. But as of now it is a long shot.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As far as winning the next two games, we MIGHT beat Tampa but as far as beating Carolina, fuggetaboutit.

Carolina is not one of the next two games. Beating Tampa Bay and Miami is very doable. Panthers are a foe we don't count on beating and don't need to if we take of our business in the other games.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Carolina is not one of the next two games. Beating Tampa Bay and Miami is very doable. Panthers are a foe we don't count on beating and don't need to if we take of our business in the other games.

The best we can do if we win every remaining game is 10-6. That's asking a lot. Yes, it's doable but the odds surely don't favor that happening. We'll way more than likely lose to Carolina and Green Bay, which would put us at 8-8, even in the event we win out with the rest of the schedule. My expectations aren't depending on such luck. I'm thinking both NY and Philly have very good chances of finishing at at least 9-7.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The best we can do if we win every remaining game is 10-6. That's asking a lot. Yes, it's doable but the odds surely don't favor that happening. We'll way more than likely lose to Carolina and Green Bay, which would put us at 8-8, even in the event we win out with the rest of the schedule. My expectations aren't depending on such luck. I'm believing both NY and Philly have good chances of finishing at at least 9-7.

Exactly as I see it, but who knows. How amazing would finishing 10-6 be? No one would want to play us in the playoffs. Most likely that team would be the cardinals.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Also the Skins play us tough, so there's no guarantee that we win or even split with them