If Dallas wins next 2 games you will all be back on board with the team***Merged***

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Also the Skins play us tough, so there's no guarantee that we win or even split with them

We split with them last season when we were riding a 6 game winning streak and they were down in the dumps with Colt McCoy at QB. With team the Cowboys have this season both games should be a battle despite Romo being back.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The season was blown the last 2 weeks losing a couple of very winnable games at home vs Seattle and Philly. The Cowboys had a real opportunity to turn their season around with those games because neither team was playing great. The Cowboys continue not playing well at home with 4 of their 6 losses coming at home. They could have very easily been right in the thick of things at 4-4 if they had a defense.

foofighters

Reaction score
We split with them last season when we were riding a 6 game winning streak and they were down in the dumps with Colt McCoy at QB. With team the Cowboys have this season both games should be a battle despite Romo being back.

Yes, skin games are never a given. Throw out the records and get ready for an ugly game.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People are putting way too much on Romos shoulders. It doesn't even matter anymore, what do people think is going to happen, He's gonna run the table?

We still have one problem...somebody has to tell the Giants and Eagles to start losing games left and right. 9 wins won't win this division. Hell 10 games might get you a tie breaker. This season is all buy over.

Too much on Romo's shoulders?

Elite qbs get paid the big money to win games. Romo is up to the challenge if we just give him a reasonable shot. We didn't. But the division has.

People forget that this roster is talented enough to come out of the NFC.

We have completed against the best quarterbacks in our division without last season's best quarterback in football.

I'm not saying we get it done... But I'm sure as hell going to enjoy the ride.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, skin games are never a given. Throw out the records and get ready for an ugly game.

The Skins have a scrappy team this year overcoming a 24 point deficit to Tampa last week. Last season McCoy shredded our defense completing 25 of 30 passes for 299 yards and RG3 had a career high 336 yards in the second game. Wouldn't surprise me if Cousins puts up over 400 yards in one of the two games. I have words to describe how I feel about the Cowboys defense but I would get banned for using them.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Kind of crazy to think about it on terms of winning 8 straight, but when you break it down you never really know.

It all comes down to can we win out with Romo or MAYBE make the playoffs with him losing one? It's certainly not impossible that Romo wins us 6 out of 7 or even 7 straight games. I know it's not likely. I think the realm of possibility is a lot better if we win this Sunday. It gives Romo a puncher's chance for 10-6 and a little room for error which could be 9-7 and still a legitimate shot at the playoffs.This situation has never happened, but I think it's safe to say crazier things have. It's going to be a lot harder if we lose this week though, because then the best case scenario is 9-7 which basically leaves us zero room for error (which means no bad game by Romo OR any other part of the team) or you're staring at 8-8 being the best case which probably but not definitively leaves you out of the playoffs.

I personally think for us to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs we need to be staring at 6-6 going into Green Bay. Everyone knows we could lose this week or somewhere in between, but all of these games are winnable. The toughest matchup coming up is Carolina and we're capable of winning. It all depends on how it's played out. We've been capable of beating every team we've played this year without Romo except New England. Now we have to put it together and actually come up with wins this week and when Romo gets back. I think this week is as must win as a game gets though. You can't have 9-7 as a best case scenario when Romo gets back, have to leave some room for error even if it's just one game.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
95 other teams have been sitting at 2-6 thinking the exact same thing.........if we win next week, we can get on a roll and still make the playoffs.

How did it work out for those 95 teams?..................................0-95

Just adding some perspective to the task in front of us.

How many of those was missing their star QB but getting him back?

Is not like we are 100 percent and sit at 2-6. It's an up hill battle cause if we are to make the playoffs we can afford to lose any more games. No room for error, period. I say we have a better chance then the other 95 teams considering the division we play in as well

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The Skins have a scrappy team this year overcoming a 24 point deficit to Tampa last week. Last season McCoy shredded our defense completing 25 of 30 passes for 299 yards and RG3 had a career high 336 yards in the second game. Wouldn't surprise me if Cousins puts up over 400 yards in one of the two games. I have words to describe how I feel about the Cowboys defense but I would get banned for using them.
Stop it, our defense isn't giving up 400 yards passing to the Commanders

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stop it, our defense isn't giving up 400 yards passing to the Commanders

If McCoy could put up 299 yards and RG3 336 yards last season on the defense it wouldn't surprise me to see Cousins have a 400 game. He probably won't have to put the ball up enough to approach that amount of yards with the backs they have and the Cowboys 18th against the run. Although Alfred Morris hasn't had a very good year he's had a 100 and 200 yard game against the Cowboys and Matt Jones who we could have drafted will be a handful. Their running game will likely give us more trouble than their passing game.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Eh depth has suffered from injuries as well.

Scandrick was your best defender for a good portion of last season. Hardy had taken over that spot and missed four games. Lee is behind him and has missed parts of multiple games. T. McClain got lost for the season after the best game of his career. Dunbar added an element that no one on the roster can replace. Dez missed 5. It's not just Tony.

Depth is an easy criticism, but teams aren't built to replace their two best players, who are also two of the best players in the league, and then play multiple games while simultaneously missing all those other guys. It's not realistic with the roster limits. Still wouldn't be having this conversation if Tony hadn't gotten hurt. Unlikely to matter but the story of the 2015 Cowboys season is injuries to this point.

Take a look around the league. Cowboys aren't "special" when it comes to injuries. But it makes for an easy excuse.

We have lost 6 straight games. go ahead, spin that with whatever excuses you want....

maybe next year.......

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Take a look around the league. Cowboys aren't "special" when it comes to injuries. But it makes for an easy excuse.

We have lost 6 straight games. go ahead, spin that with whatever excuses you want....

maybe next year.......

That's not accurate. At all.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Kind of crazy to think about it on terms of winning 8 straight, but when you break it down you never really know.

It all comes down to can we win out with Romo or MAYBE make the playoffs with him losing one? It's certainly not impossible that Romo wins us 6 out of 7 or even 7 straight games. I know it's not likely. I think the realm of possibility is a lot better if we win this Sunday. It gives Romo a puncher's chance for 10-6 and a little room for error which could be 9-7 and still a legitimate shot at the playoffs.This situation has never happened, but I think it's safe to say crazier things have. It's going to be a lot harder if we lose this week though, because then the best case scenario is 9-7 which basically leaves us zero room for error (which means no bad game by Romo OR any other part of the team) or you're staring at 8-8 being the best case which probably but not definitively leaves you out of the playoffs.

I personally think for us to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs we need to be staring at 6-6 going into Green Bay. Everyone knows we could lose this week or somewhere in between, but all of these games are winnable. The toughest matchup coming up is Carolina and we're capable of winning. It all depends on how it's played out. We've been capable of beating every team we've played this year without Romo except New England. Now we have to put it together and actually come up with wins this week and when Romo gets back. I think this week is as must win as a game gets though. You can't have 9-7 as a best case scenario when Romo gets back, have to leave some room for error even if it's just one game.

Good post , about how I see it.
cowboys need to look at all the rest of the games as must wins.
It all starts with tampa, so I am just hoping they can somehow win this sunday, then it is big game each week.
With romo back we have more firepower and now he will have a good run game, and dez is sort of back.

Lately they avg about 19 points a game, so with romo that is going to go up.
And that will help the defense but not cure it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This isn't even close to being true. What form of math brought you to this conclusion?

The literal and figurative worlds exscape you don't they?

I am guessing you did not go to Rice or Princeton but in fact, Jack, you are the guy 2 seats ahead off me in JC remedal food-supply distribution class who make loud gastrointestinal noises.

Hey gift me a high-5 for the hurt our high-energy football 22 put on Wharton County Junior College. We bad.

Last edited: