If the Cowboys traded w/Bears, who do you want at 20?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If I am the Cowboys, I am not moving down in the Draft unless it is a Special Offer.

Rams traded the farm for a 10year veteran who is had some serious injuries the last few seasons and is NOT in his prime years.

Matthew Stafford trade: Rams send two first-round picks, a third-round pick and Jared Goff to Lions for QB

49ers traded their 12th-overall pick, a 2022 third-round compensatory pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 for the Miami Dolphins No. 3 overall selection.
It was a salary dump with Goff on top of dealing for Stafford, that alone probably cost a #1 pick.

Moving into the top 5, is far more expensive then at 10.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Alabama took him off the field on running downs. And you want to spend a 1st round pick on a project.
The last time an Alabama player who rotated was their former RB Richardson, he is already out of the league. Right now Barmore is a nickel, interior rusher, who needs to prove he can become a 3 down player.

MarkP88

Reaction score
There is growing speculation that the Bears are desperate for a future QB. If a QB falls to the Cowboys at 10 and they decide to make the deal with the Bears, who do you want in that range?

-Corners-Newsome, Farley
-LB-Collins, Davis
-S-Moehrig
-Edge-Phillips, Ojulari
-DT-Barmore
-T-Darrishaw, Jenkins

Yes, it is possible some of these names go ahead of us.
I'd be happy with any of them except the corners. In this scenario, I'd prefer one of the D-linemen.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
The last time an Alabama player who rotated was their former RB Richardson, he is already out of the league. Right now Barmore is a nickel, interior rusher, who needs to prove he can become a 3 down player.
Agreed

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
It was a salary dump with Goff on top of dealing for Stafford, that alone probably cost a #1 pick.

Moving into the top 5, is far more expensive then at 10.

Agree,, but IF it is not a SPECIAL OFFER....the Cowboys have no business taking it. They need talented day one starters on the defense...no more JAGs or role players.

If there is a QB on the board at #10 its a perfect spot to get that SPECIAL OFFER. Could be the Bears, Patriots, Saints come calling but if it is not a Special Offer...you dont take it

Cowboys most likely will get the best defensive player on the draft board at #10. No way do you fall back to #20 without a Special Offer. Talent drop-off is not worth it.

Good post though I like the debate.... :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
W
The trade chart says:

Chicago gives up a 2 & 3 for 10 and both our 4th rd picks.
QB's cost more, I bet we could get a 2&3 or a 3 and a future 1.
You’re 1st scenario is very realistic!
Just go by the trade chart.

If you want to give us an extra 5%....which is rare on. Trades up to 10 range (even for QB) go ahead
So give us 65 puts more than Chi

but those thinking there are “special deals” for teams not moving into the top 3 have not been paying attention.

There never are

DFWJC

Reaction score
Agree,, but IF it is not a SPECIAL OFFER....the Cowboys have no business taking it. They need talented day one starters on the defense...no more JAGs or role players.

If there is a QB on the board at #10 its a perfect spot to get that SPECIAL OFFER. Could be the Bears, Patriots, Saints come calling but if it is not a Special Offer...you dont take it

Cowboys most likely will get the best defensive player on the draft board at #10. No way do you fall back to #20 without a Special Offer. Talent drop-off is not worth it.

I agree that trading all the way down to 20 is a huge move from 10.

As for special offers to non top 3 picks?
they do not exist...or haven’t in 15 years or more.

ifthey want to pay more they just make the same offer to teams sitting at 7,8, or 9

now if PLAYERs are involved , the trade chart does not apply so much because of contract cost and different takes on a players value

Gaede

Reaction score
At 20, I'd go Moehrig or Collins or Barmore. I think they're each of similar talent, would step into a starter role immediately, and would have a similar impact on the team in year 1. If by some miracle Parsons drops this far, he'd be my first choice.

I wouldn't draft Phillips until later. Just can't afford the health risk. Newsome is a fit for our defense but I don't like his injury history, either. Same for Farley. I don't like the other CBs here, either. Don't like PAYE at all, so I dont even consider him.
Ojulari, JOK are too talented to be available this late. And I don't care to go OL here when the next tier of OL talent is relatively close.

Honestly, if we were to drop to pick 20, get an extra 2 and a 3, and get one of those three guys, I take that. It's a drop in talent from the likes of Surtain and Slater, but we do need a lot of help, and I'm not sure one really good prospect makes that much of a difference compared to 3 good prospects.

JBS

Reaction score
Bears offered me 1,2,3 for 10

I took

20. Barmore
33. Moehrig (moved up)
40. K Joseph (moved up again)
75. Eichenberg
90. Togiai (moved up again)

Cowboyny

Reaction score
W

You’re 1st scenario is very realistic!
Just go by the trade chart.

If you want to give us an extra 5%....which is rare on. Trades up to 10 range (even for QB) go ahead
So give us 65 puts more than Chi

but those thinking there are “special deals” for teams not moving into the top 3 have not been paying attention.

There never are
I could see 2,3 for 10 and 115.

cowboyec

Reaction score
christian barmore,dt-alabama
jalean phillips,de-miami
zaven collins,lb-tulsa
jamin davis,lb-kentucky
christian darrisaw,ot-va tech

just gimmie 1 of'm.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Probably only Bears, Washington in play and don't think the Cowboys will help a divisional opponent. You mentioned the Saints, don't see it, but that would be a monster deal.

mathew1184

Reaction score
There is growing speculation that the Bears are desperate for a future QB. If a QB falls to the Cowboys at 10 and they decide to make the deal with the Bears, who do you want in that range?

-Corners-Newsome, Farley
-LB-Collins, Davis
-S-Moehrig
-Edge-Phillips, Ojulari
-DT-Barmore
-T-Darrishaw, Jenkins

Phillips, Jenkins, and Moehrig are my favorites that might last..I really like Tyson Campbell out of Georgia as well. I think he will be a better pro than Newsome.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I could see 2,3 for 10 and 115.

I would also consider a player in the trade. The goal would be to get as many day 1 starters as you can in the first 3 rounds.

but I really like the idea of Surtain or Horn teamed up with Diggs. I also wouldn’t trade out #10 if Pitts is available.

just no wow factor late in Round 1 IMO

Last edited:

kevinhickey

Reaction score

-Corners-Newsome, Farley
-LB-Collins, Davis
-S-Moehrig
-Edge-Phillips, Ojulari
-DT-Barmore
-T-Darrishaw, Jenkins

Ojulari/ Moehring/ Darrishaw

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I would also consider a player in the trade. The goal would be to get as many day 1 starters as you can in the first 3 rounds.

but I really like the idea of Surtain or Horn teamed up with Diggs. I also wouldn’t trade out #10 if Pitts is available.

just no wow factor late in Round 1 IMO
Very rarely do you see picks and players.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

-Corners-Newsome, Farley
-LB-Collins, Davis
-S-Moehrig
-Edge-Phillips, Ojulari
-DT-Barmore
-T-Darrishaw, Jenkins

Barmore

Sydla

Reaction score
JOK, Moehrig, Phillips, Barmore, Horn. In no particular order.