If the Cowboys traded w/Bears, who do you want at 20?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So many just scout the helmet and overrate Barmore. He isn't a Jonathan Allen or a Payne. Many legit media scouts have him rated in the 40's. Dane even said recently he could fall into rd 2. Many media scouts bumped him up to a top 20 pick, based on his college playoff performance and the lack of quality prospects at the position. Think he gets draft in that 25-40 range.

Love Barmore. I would be very happy trading down and getting him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I agree with him that pretending as if Gregory is a proven valuable commodity is insane. Could he prove to be? Sure. Is it also possible he’s nothing more than an ok situational pass rusher? Of course.

Our front as a whole is pretty dreadful. 0 difference makers

Catch17 is the guy that said CB isnt a premium position in football, but safety is. Same guy that said Dalton would be better for our offense than Dak. That had Kaaya and Beatherd as better QB prospects than Mahomes. If Catch17 says something you can be assured the opposite is true.

DE is our strongest position on defense with major holes all over the place and studs available to fill them in the first round.

Take my chances with Gregory and fill our real needs. Not a good draft for pass rushers.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don’t know how his medicals effect him going forward.

Based on what I’ve seen just on film it’s a no brainer for me.

He’s a much more talented prospect than Ojulari.. Nothing wrong with Ojulari either I just see Phillips being a top 5 kind of talent that’s going at a huge discount.
Ojulari beats guys with speed and bend, Phillips males plays because he isn’t blocked 50% of the time either by play call or bad execution. Ojulari is twice the edge player Phillips is IMO.

Brooksey

Reaction score
My latest mock I have us trading down to #20 and pick Eric Stokes CB Georgia. I'm thinking Surtain , Horn, & Newsome are gone. Farley injury scares me away so we take the fastest Corner Stokes.

Stokes? Talking about blowing a first round pick..I'd rather have Kelvin Jospeh or P. Adbeo later in the third for that projection

fansince68

Reaction score
There is growing speculation that the Bears are desperate for a future QB. If a QB falls to the Cowboys at 10 and they decide to make the deal with the Bears, who do you want in that range?

-Corners-Newsome, Farley
-LB-Collins, Davis
-S-Moehrig
-Edge-Phillips, Ojulari
-DT-Barmore
-T-Darrishaw, Jenkins

Yes, it is possible some of these names go ahead of us.
I'd also want their 1st round next season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I was touting Newsome a long time ago, think he is an excellent fit for our cover 3 scheme, but he does have an injury history. Really don't think there is much separation between Surtain/Horn and him. At 20, he would be a good pick. Heard recently that the Cowboys medically cleared Farley. Could he also be in consideration?
The Cowboys clear everyone. Their doctors cleared Jaylon and most medical experts did not expect him to play again. I was listening to a PFF podcast and they said the surgery that Farley had is the same one that Tiger Woods and Toney Romo had. Both guys continued to have back issues. They said that Farley will probably look great and then all of a sudden his back will flare up again. Hard pass. You can’t depend on him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys clear everyone. Their doctors cleared Jaylon and most medical experts did not expect him to play again. I was listening to a PFF podcast and they said the surgery that Farley had is the same one that Tiger Woods and Toney Romo had. Both guys continued to have back issues. They said that Farley will probably look great and then all of a sudden his back will flare up again. Hard pass. You can’t depend on him.
I don't think he's in consideration at 10, but still believe he will be on their draft board. We knew both Jack/Jaylon were still on their board, but they didn't draft one until rd 2, where Jaylon was more of a fall back option when 2 pass rushers were taken ahead of them. Point is, don't think they will draft Farley, unless they get wiped out.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If you trade down to 20 it has to be because you are comfortable with Farley.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think he's in consideration at 10, but still believe he will be on their draft board. We knew both Jack/Jaylon were still on their board, but they didn't draft one until rd 2, where Jaylon was more of a fall back option when 2 pass rushers were taken ahead of them. Point is, don't think they will draft Farley, unless they get wiped out.

but it was a wasted rd 2 pick
Take Grant or Nixon/Onwozurike or Stokes with the second pick and that’s long term help

Cowboyny

Reaction score
but it was a wasted rd 2 pick
Take Grant or Nixon/Onwozurike or Stokes with the second pick and that’s long term help
Don't disagree, just saying what they did. By the way, if they take a 3T in rd 2, it's going to be Milton.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I brought this up a couple of weeks ago. This is the type of trade that would be worked out well in advance of the draft. With that being the case I would also ask for 2nd year corner Jaylon Johnson being involved. That would help with the need for a CB.

kumizi

Reaction score
I think all 5 QBs are gone by the time the Cowboys pick.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I absolutely think they want Collins. They can get there in two different ways

1. Take OT or CB at 10. Take your pick, doesn’t matter for this exercise. Then use capital to move back into the late first to take him

2. Pass on the talent at 10. Trade back to late teens, early 20’s and add capital. In personally wouldn’t try to trade back. I would sit and try to add the following over the next two rounds, Holland, your corner of choice, Payton turner, Milton Williams. The team loves all those guys.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score

evidently McClay rates players the same as if they didn’t have medical concerns.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I absolutely think they want Collins. They can get there in two different ways

1. Take OT or CB at 10. Take your pick, doesn’t matter for this exercise. Then use capital to move back into the late first to take him

2. Pass on the talent at 10. Trade back to late teens, early 20’s and add capital. In personally wouldn’t try to trade back. I would sit and try to add the following over the next two rounds, Holland, your corner of choice, Payton turner, Milton Williams. The team loves all those guys.
I think if they truly want Collins, option 2 is their only path. Heard they view him as a top 15 pick, where there are others who like him in that range.

Creeper

Reaction score
Trading down to 20 means the Cowboys should get a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd too. So with that haul I take Barmore at 20, then see if Samuel or Stokes is there in the 2nd. If Barmore isn't there at 20, then take Jamin Davis at 20 then McNeill or Nixon in the 2nd along with Samuel or Stokes. Even Tyson Campbell is an option after the 1st round. The point is, not getting a CB in the 1st isn't the end of the world.