If Trey Lance gets his rhythm, do the Cowboys roll the dice?

csirl

Reaction score
Err Dak is significantly better

Even though Dak has been underwhelming in the playoffs there are only 5 quarterbacks currently in the league that have won a Super Bowl. These things are hard to win. Dak is comfortably in the top 10 quarterbacks and that is why Jerry won't just let him go for a complete unknown. Also it's not totally true when some people say Jerry doesn't care about winning. He does to the point where he wants the Cowboys to at least be competing for a playoff spot. 5-12 doesn't do it for Jerry
Whats the point in trying the same failed strategy every year.

We need to change to win

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Err Dak is significantly better

Even though Dak has been underwhelming in the playoffs there are only 5 quarterbacks currently in the league that have won a Super Bowl. These things are hard to win. Dak is comfortably in the top 10 quarterbacks and that is why Jerry won't just let him go for a complete unknown. Also it's not totally true when some people say Jerry doesn't care about winning. He does to the point where he wants the Cowboys to at least be competing for a playoff spot. 5-12 doesn't do it for Jerry
Bledsoe was better than Romo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's funny how a certain group keeps telling us that Dak Prescott is the answer, yet we sit here 8 yes later without a championship.
They'll mock any other ideas, but they can't backup their claims that Dak is the answer. :facepalm:
nobody on this thread up to the point you posted this comment, said Dak was the answer. they just said Lance is not the answer...but given you entire existence revolves around Dak, I can see why you read Lance, thought Dak and just went off the ledge.

leeblair

Reaction score
So Trey Lance is showing us something. He stands in and makes accurate throws with defenders in his face. He is mobile, and he has moxy.
Dak is becoming expendable.
I think Trey Lance could be one of the very best. The moxy he is showing can't be taught. That's something Dak will never have. And we have Cooper Rush.
I think the Cowboys should roll the dice and move on from Dak.

Staubacher

Reaction score
You want to know what rolling the dice really is? Paying $60 million a year for a guy who's done jack squat in the postseason and expecting that to change when you give him record setting money

Loso86

Reaction score
first game and even second game. both were bus driver, average...meh..

or you want to call them earth shattering, best QB play you have ever seen...blah blah blah
No I want yall to not be stupid and actually grade the player for the game and his play instead of what the media says and YOUR feelings about him. If you couldn't see where he was before Dallas and then last game compared to this one or see his growth then YOU shouldn't watch football or ever talk about it! Oh blah blah blah

Loso86

Reaction score
first game and even second game. both were bus driver, average...meh..

or you want to call them earth shattering, best QB play you have ever seen...blah blah blah
Bus driver average in the pre season is funny to me, when was the last time a QB had off the charts MVP great player play??? I'll wait

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bus driver average in the pre season is funny to me, when was the last time a QB had off the charts MVP great player play??? I'll wait
he didn't show anything in preseason #4 to say oh wow, this kid is got elite future ahead of him. he was awful this past game. he was meh in this game and everyone drooling going gaga over a QB whom if he was a 7th rounder people would already walk away.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
serious question to ask, if the Eagles dont melt down, do you think Dallas does as well on their own?
Eagles FO seems to be emulating the 49ers. Getting what they hope is a dynamic running back. It will come down to quarterback play. Same for the Cowboys. I suspect the NFCE will be more competitive than last year. Cowboys will be fine.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He looked in rhythm last night.
still dumping it off. his YPA would rank towards bottom of the league witht likes of Mac jones and company. still can't go down field and this was a bad defense he played against. on the positive note, he didn't miss a wide open WRs so he is starting to see the wide open WRs in the field.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak isn't elite, but what about the other great quarterbacks who didn't win a championship in 8 years? Did you keep that same energy for them as well???

I could gladly list them for you.....

A couple of them even made it to the Hall of Fame.

So again, did you say the same thing about other very good quarterbacks who didn't win a championship in 8 years (technically 7 because Dak missed a season due to injury)

So did you keep the same energy for other very good quarterbacks who didn't win a championship in 7, 8 years?
Name them, and we can look at their playoff records/CCG appearances before they made it over the hump.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Trey Lance is showing us something. He stands in and makes accurate throws with defenders in his face. He is mobile, and he has moxy.
Dak is becoming expendable.
I think Trey Lance could be one of the very best. The moxy he is showing can't be taught. That's something Dak will never have. And we have Cooper Rush.
I think the Cowboys should roll the dice and move on from Dak.
accurate throws :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

too funny. thanks for the sunday laugh

Trey Lance is your Tashard Choice and Kellen Moore (the HOF QB...oh wait).

:muttley::muttley:

KB1122

Reaction score
I think the question is basically:

Is it better to take what we know we get from Dak, which isn't going to change much, or do we think that Lance will improve with more and more reps, and his better natural talent will gradually come out, and we hope he hits it by playoff time, or maybe he fails completely and we get a high draft pick.

I would go with Lance, because I'm past Dak at this point. And I prefer those possible outcomes.

But what most people don't realize about the NFL is that most GMs and coaches are not among the best and they know it. So they're just happy to have Ryan Tannehill or Kirk Cousins and win a few more games to get another year in their job.