CZ POLL If you could change only one, would you change Quarterback, Coach or Ownership?

Which of the three options would you change if you could only make one come true?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I voted get rid of Dak! But Jerry is right up there with Dak. I look at this Cowboys team and have no idea what people see in it. They don't run the ball, they don't have a QB that performs under pressure. They don't game plan and scheme for opponents. They are mentally weak. They are not a physical team.
All of these things are the exact opposite of the 49ers. The 49ers are everything I use to wish the Cowboys were.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You have fans that would change QB, HC and owner before they even know who their replacements would be. Typical, casual fans. :rolleyes:
We know that the current regime isn't getting it done so of course you have to change it. Only a casual fan would say I'll just stay with the current situation since because even though they constantly fail, hopefully next year will be different.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We know that the current regime isn't getting it done so of course you have to change it. Only a casual fan would say I'll just stay with the current situation since because even though they constantly fail, hopefully next year will be different.
I never said stay with the current situation but you can’t move on from your best players and expect to improve. You have to keep your cornerstone players if you’re going to compete.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I never said stay with the current situation but you can’t move on from your best players and expect to improve. There’s certain players you have to keep if you’re going to compete.
Bill B moved on from Richard Seymour at his prime for draft picks and NE improved.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bill B moved on from Richard Seymour at his prime for draft picks and NE improved.
Seymore was pushing 30 and had a lot of years under his belt. Fans are talking about trading Parsons who’s 24 and is in the prime of his career. Belichick traded players when their best years were behind them.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Seymore was pushing 30 and had a lot of years under his belt. Fans are talking about trading Parsons who’s 24 and is in the prime of his career. Belichick traded players when their best years were behind them.
Seymore was 30 and was soon due another contract, actually a similar situation we have now with Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seymore was 30 and was soon due another contract, actually a similar situation we have now with Dak.
Belichick wouldn’t have moved on from his starting QB. I wouldn’t be comparing Seymore with Dak. A completely different situation.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Belichick wouldn’t have moved on from his starting QB. I wouldn’t be comparing Seymore with Dak. A completely different situation.
Wrong, he moved on just this year from Jones.

He would not move on from his superbowl winning QB. If we had one i wouldn't want to move on from him either, but we don't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wrong, he moved on just this year from Jones.

He would not move on from his superbowl winning QB. If we had one i wouldn't want to move on from him either, but we don't.
Are you serious? Mac Jones sucks and was benched. Lol Belichick wouldn’t move on from a QB that was having an MVP year and led his team to 12 wins and a division title. Get real! :rolleyes:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Are you serious? Mac Jones sucks and was benched. Lol Belichick wouldn’t move on from a QB that was having an MVP year and led his team to 12 wins and a division title. Get real! :rolleyes:
Very serious, BB is smart enough to move on from what is not working.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone truly think that a new owner will solve everything. It could, and probably will be worse.
And I am not a fan of Jerry trying to defend him. It is simply the truth.

Same with a new HC though we would all like that. But does not always translates to that success.

So that leaves the QB.
A top QB, can solve fans perceptions of the other 2.
Troy Aikman our last 1st round QB, look at other recent SB QB’s, as well.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Does anyone truly think that a new owner will solve everything. It could, and probably will be worse.

Same with a new HC though we would all like that. But does not always translates to that success.

So that leaves the QB.
Maybe a new owner just hires a top notch GM, which would be worlds better.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

So that leaves the QB.
Yes. Because if we keep going wrong with coaches and QBs, we can fire the GM.

Just to give you an idea of 6 main things that would probably change with a new GM ideology. We are on cruise control right now for:
  • Give them one last chance lame duck coaches (Campo, Wade, Garrett, McCarthy)
  • Bargain draft QBs that can never win the big one (Romo, Dak)
  • Fatal positions in need of quality, picks, FA or depth many years (DT, LB, and now possibly OL)
  • Homegrown rookies that are never cut (too many to name, highest retention rate in NFL is misleading)
  • Vets that are kept too long when they are past their prime (too many to name)
  • Players that think they are the shizzle just because they have a star on the helmet, and should win the SB just by placing their jock on the field (too many to name)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A new owner could be worse than Jones. A new owner could be better than Jones. The question is whether a new owner would re-do the front office and allow it (and the coaching staff) to function without micromanaging them.

That is what has happened far more times than Jones' model of ownership in NFL's history. Most owners' teams do not reach the Super Bowl or win it--or have waited long stretches before doing so. Some owners teams' have reached the Super Bowl or have won it.

No one can truthfully argue a new owner would definitely make things worse. Then again, no one can honestly say a new owner would definitely equal or succeed what Jones has overseen. Any argument should focus on what happens on the field and not how the league would benefit from an owner like Jones. He has been a revenue wunderkind for the league. A new owner would likely find that high level of achievement very challenging.

On the field though? Positive postseason results? No one can say a new owner would be unsuccessful after regular seasons end. That is not true of any new owner. It was not true for Jones early in his ownership either, even though there were doubters of his future success then as there are doubters of a hypothetical new owner for his franchise now.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Strangely, I think getting rid of Dak may be the only thing that gives next years regular season any real meaning for anyone to get excited about.

Right now there is nothing the Cowboys could do that would make anyone believe in them going into the Playoffs.
And yet you and many others will still be here gracing us with your presence and refusing to let anyone enjoy anything.

Some of you are determined to try and make sure everyone is as miserable as you all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.