If you could have one QB next year in the draft?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He might be. I doubt it. He sure is fun to watch though.

I watched WRs all week.

Calvin Johnson of Ga Tech is amazing.
Tedd Ginn is electric.
Dwayne Jarrett of USC is huge and talented.
Unfortunately those are 3 player we won't have any shot at unless we trade up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt said:
Why is it that everyone that talks badly of a player has an agenda? I like Notre Dame and want Brady Quinn to do well (hopefully in the AFC), but he's played like crap this year.
When someone tells me a guy was awful and I see the stats with 5TDs, 1 INT, and 319 yards passing...that's an agenda.

He didn't like him going into the game and though the kid played apparently pretty well, he has "nothing" to do with 40 points...that's an agenda.

When you simply can't be honest because it gets in the way of what you believe and you're unwilling to say, "hey, he played okay"...that's an agenda.

So, "he's played like crap this year?" He's got 11 TDs, over 1000 yards passing and a QB rating over 120 on the season to go along with a 3-1 record.

If you want to tell me that means he's "played like crap" then yeah, yours is an agenda.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt said:
I didn't say we'd get one of them. I said I'm impressed. I haven't even begun to think about who I'd like to get. The thread asked which QB I'd take. I answered Quinn without even knowing he had helped ND make a fantastic comeback.

I respect talent.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile said:
When someone tells me a guy was awful and I see the stats with 5TDs, 1 INT, and 319 yards passing...that's an agenda.

He didn't like him going into the game and though the kid played apparently pretty well, he has "nothing" to do with 40 points...that's an agenda.

When you simply can't be honest because it gets in the way of what you believe and you're unwilling to say, "hey, he played okay"...that's an agenda.

So, "he's played like crap this year?" He's got 11 TDs, over 1000 yards passing and a QB rating over 120 on the season to go along with a 3-1 record.

If you want to tell me that means he's "played like crap" then yeah, yours is an agenda.
Oh, you're one of those guys that goes by stats alone. I'm a ND fan. I'm a Brady Quinn fan. Sure he hasn't "sucked." I use hyperbole like it's going out of style. However, he has greatly underperformed this year. He looks lost at times. Takes unnecessary sacks and every other throw is way off target. Bottom line is, this Brady Quinn we're seeing this year shouldn't even be mentioned in the Heisman race.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt said:
Oh, you're one of those guys that goes by stats alone. I'm a ND fan. I'm a Brady Quinn fan. Sure he hasn't "sucked." I use hyperbole like it's going out of style. However, he has greatly underperformed this year. He looks lost at times. Takes unnecessary sacks and every other throw is way off target.
LOL

No, I hate stats. I rarely use them in my arguments. However, they do sometimes tell a story. 3-1 doesn't equal "played like crap" to me.

Understand something. I hate ND. Giving them credit for anything is painful.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile said:
LOL

No, I hate stats. I rarely use them in my arguments. However, they do sometimes tell a story. 3-1 doesn't equal "played like crap" to me.

I love stats. I discredit them when it fits my argument and use them when it helps. :D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
LOL

this is normally where i tell my "how my dear ole daddy felt about Notre Dame" story.

alas, i've already told ya that one . dang.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
this is normally where i tell my "how my dear ole daddy felt about Notre Dame" story.

alas, i've already told ya that one . dang.
I didn't hear it. Share.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I didn't hear it. Share.
when i was just a football-watching neophyte (about 10 or 11) he shared a piece of philosophy that has stayed with me to this day.

he said "son, no matter how bad Notre Dame's gettin' beat... it ain't bad enough."

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Quinn throws 5 TDs and some of you are saying not him?

What? The kid is the best QB in the nation. Period.

He lost to Troy Smith in a bowl game last year, who lost to Vince Young. He lost to Matt Leinart last year, who also lost to VY. If he's so great, why does he struggle with tough college defenses. If he struggles with tough college defenses, what will he do against pro defenses. See, Drew Bledsoe.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Agendas never cease to amuse me.

He's just saying that Quinn is being over-hyped. ND hasn't beaten anybody yet and won't because they have a cake walk schedule. They only won the game because a very ordinary MSU team dominated them and then gave the game away. No doubt, Notre Dame should fall in the polls for winning this way.

Hailmary

Reaction score
theogt said:

You can't say that for sure. People drop every year for various reasons.

The combine for one, team needs is another reason. And this class is supposed to be pretty deep w/ quality WRs, so that could push some quality guys to us.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
You can't say that for sure. People drop every year for various reasons.

The combine for one, team needs is another reason. And this class is supposed to be pretty deep w/ quality WRs, so that could push some quality guys to us.
Yes, and an asteroid may hit the earth tomorrow.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Troy Smith

ohiostatefootballjersey2.jpg

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
again...showing my obvious bias

UTEP's Jordan Palmer. Give him a half decent run game (which UTEP doesn't have this season) and he'll win. He's playing A LOT smarter this year.

Stats dont' reflect how much he's improved. He has 6INts on the season. 1 was just a bad pass. 4 were plays where the WR's let Palmer down by not making the catches and deflecting the passes or allowing themselves to be out hustled by smaller DBs. The other was a tip at the line that went straight up in the air in OT against Tech.

btw...4 words: JOHNNIE LEE HIGGINS JR.

CowboysL0c0:star:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
tommyboy10 said:
I know the papers say that by extending Romo's contract, that means we are not going for a QB in FA or the draft.....BUT.....if you could take one from college in the draft to put on our squad next year, WHO is it, and WHY them?

GO COWBOYS

Jordan Palmer, UTEP... Carson's kid brother...

Why?? I went to UTEP, and he's pretty good... :D

He might also be there in the second round...

Really, though, I think I'd prefer either Chris Simms or Matt Schaub... Simms will be an UFA, Schaub a RFA...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
EPL0c0 said:
again...showing my obvious bias

UTEP's Jordan Palmer. Give him a half decent run game (which UTEP doesn't have this season) and he'll win. He's playing A LOT smarter this year.

Stats dont' reflect how much he's improved. He has 6INts on the season. 1 was just a bad pass. 4 were plays where the WR's let Palmer down by not making the catches and deflecting the passes or allowing themselves to be out hustled by smaller DBs. The other was a tip at the line that went straight up in the air in OT against Tech.

Thanks for telling me about that, I've been following Jordan this year, hoping he'd cut down on the mental mistakes... seeing those ints disappointed me, now I feel a little better...

What part of El Paso's home for ya, bud?? When my family lived there, back in the early-mid 60s, we lived over on Tropicana Avenue, directly across the street from Terrace Hills Elementary School, in fact they built that school about 6 months after we moved in there... I also attended Andress High, the first year it opened...