If you think Dak is the guy then you'd probably accept anyone

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The bigger question or issue is why they don’t want to address it. Instead they’re prepared to reward it. Dysfunctional organization.

His rookie year bought him a career in Dallas it looks like.

I don’t get it but I do think we can win with him if a lot things on the team right.

Linehan will be shown the door though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I don’t get it but I do think we can win with him if a lot things on the team right.

Yep.

No one is safe here as long as Jerry is intent on proving he was right about Dak.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those players aren't stupid.

They know they've only scored touchdowns in one of the last 11 quarters.
It is hard to state something may be true and it could be true but not confirmable. It is easy saying something is fact and not presenting any evidence to support the assertion.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
1- many of those sacks are on Dak (PFF has him ranked #1 as far as QB's fault on sacks)
2- Zeke is a monster, but show me a a team with two better guys in their oline (Smith and Martin), saying that, the oline hasn't played great obviously but they are not near at the bottom of the league, they are still above avg IMO.

Dallas has given up 48 sacks. Back out those attributed to Dak and the number is still bad. Smith is no longer a great player. He might even be a liability now.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'd imagine you were a fan and rooted for every single QB from Aikman to Romo and all of them in between, no doubt.

Is this the kind of offense you wish upon our team? Dink and dunk and if the secondary allows for it take a shot deep down the sideline?

I'm not reading this whole thread, but I've rooted for every starter from Staubach to Prescott, BECAUSE I'M A DALLAS COWBOYS FAN.

But no I don't think Dak is a franchise QB, and I doubt we'll find better between now and 2020 so I'm just hoping for the best.

erod

Reaction score
It is hard to state something may be true and it could be true but not confirmable. It is easy saying something is fact and not presenting any evidence to support the assertion.

And sometimes it's as obvious as the nose on your face.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Are there any other guys on this team with a contract coming up? Who in here thinks Tank deserves a huge contract? That's the reason he's playing under the tag..his worth is TBD...most top pass rushers have double digit sacks for multiple years and don't fade down the stretch. They haven't signed Dak to a massive contract and there's no indication they will be totally stupid and break the bank.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
I'd imagine you were a fan and rooted for every single QB from Aikman to Romo and all of them in between, no doubt.

Is this the kind of offense you wish upon our team? Dink and dunk and if the secondary allows for it take a shot deep down the sideline?
If you think you’re the guy who knows best you’d be wrong .

madcow74

Reaction score
Dallas has given up 48 sacks. Back out those attributed to Dak and the number is still bad. Smith is no longer a great player. He might even be a liability now.

yes dak is going to have to learn to run for his life like romo did for most of his career. minus the ability to overide bad play calling from the sidelines

waving monkey

Reaction score

typical

starcity214

Reaction score
If we were going to get a new QB I'd go for broke , aim high , trade the draft , whatever...get someone top 5 or the potential to be ...why settle , all ready doing that

That's the thing , the Chiefs didn't luck into Patrick Mahomes, they traded picks in order to move up and draft him despite having the "good enough" Alex Smith on their roster..

Alex Smith took them to the playoffs but wasn't good enough to get them over the hump. Insert Patrick Mahomes into the same team and they're breaking records..

Why can't people see this?!!

If you want a good QB , you get one!

Look at most of the starters and it's no coincidence that most were 1st round picks.

Why do we believe we can turn a 4th round turd into an elite player?

Dak was the same Dink and Dunk QB at Mississippi ST he is now, so don't blame the coaching staff. Look at his games against good defenses in college....they took away the run and Dak looked the same as he does now!

starcity214

Reaction score

Well , that and being a Jason Garrett clone.

Jerrah loves those kinds of guys.