If you think Dak is the guy then you'd probably accept anyone

erod

Reaction score
and some people believe what they want to believe because they are looking for bias conformation and hope it to be true

LOL

It's obvious as hell. Failing to score over and over and over and over and over kind of takes it's toll. Especially when EVERYBODY knows exactly why.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bigger question or issue is why they don’t want to address it. Instead they’re prepared to reward it. Dysfunctional organization.

It's not really that hard to figure out. Neither the GM or his top personnel assistant is a talent evaluator and we know the GM has an ego the size of Texas. He wants to look really smart. He wants this to work. For his sake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett has a tough task. He has to build a team that can win with Dak.

They are close on the defense. If Dak can have his best games in the playoffs we might have a shot.

madcow74

Reaction score
Look at most of the starters and it's no coincidence that most were 1st round picks.

Why do we believe we can turn a 4th round turd into an elite player?

ryan leaf was a first rounder. tom brady was a 6th rounder. romo was a no rounder. i just killed your argument

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That the moon landing never happened.
That is... a unique way of connecting dots. There are tons of evidence supporting the moon landing. You have zero evidence of your assertion.

Question. Do you think these are comparable?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once you accept Dak is our guy then where do we focus on continuing to build around him?

erod

Reaction score
That is... a unique way of connecting dots. There are tons of evidence supporting the moon landing. You have zero evidence of your assertion.

Question. Do you think these are comparable?

I have no evidence? 10 of 11 quarters with no touchdowns, and the looks you saw on Cooper's and Zeke's face today were obvious. Cooper is frustrated.

Like Danny White said, teams are just covering the first 20 yards because Dak is terrible beyond that.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
That's the thing , the Chiefs didn't luck into Patrick Mahomes, they traded picks in order to move up and draft him despite having the "good enough" Alex Smith on their roster..

Alex Smith took them to the playoffs but wasn't good enough to get them over the hump. Insert Patrick Mahomes into the same team and they're breaking records..

Why can't people see this?!!

If you want a good QB , you get one!

Look at most of the starters and it's no coincidence that most were 1st round picks.

Why do we believe we can turn a 4th round turd into an elite player?

Dak was the same Dink and Dunk QB at Mississippi ST he is now, so don't blame the coaching staff. Look at his games against good defenses in college....they took away the run and Dak looked the same as he does now!
that's the catch 22 , they don't have the resources this year. I still hold out hope for Dak and it's wearing thin but I see no point in replacing him with a Carr , Keenum , etc. It would just be more of the same. Swing for the fences if you want a new QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
ryan leaf was a first rounder. tom brady was a 6th rounder. romo was a no rounder. i just killed your argument
Yea but over 80% on average of starting QB’s are 1st or 2nd round picks so the odds of a late round or walk on is rather remote.

It’s why franchises continue to give up so much on Draft Day for if you hit are set for an era. But it’s also why so many are bust because teams often reach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
that's the catch 22 , they don't have the resources this year. I still hold out hope for Dak and it's wearing thin but I see no point in replacing him with a Carr , Keenum , etc. It would just be more of the same. Swing for the fences if you want a new QB.
Personally , I’d swing for the fences. We don’t tie up long term contracts for talent we can replace in the draft. Why do it for a QB?

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
LOL

It's obvious as hell. Failing to score over and over and over and over and over kind of takes it's toll. Especially when EVERYBODY knows exactly why.
so Cooper was frustrated in Oakland comes to Dallas leads the league in receiving and TD passes over 6 weeks , they win 5 in a row and after one game he's given up on the QB? makes sense to me

Edit for spelling

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no evidence? 10 of 11 quarters with no touchdowns, and the looks you saw on Cooper's and Zeke's face today were obvious. Cooper is frustrated.

Like Danny White said, teams are just covering the first 20 yards because Dak is terrible beyond that.
You have the last word. If you were an attorney, you would be laughed out of CIVIL court.