If you think Dak is the guy then you'd probably accept anyone

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here's the reality. We are either going to have to pay Dak his 20+ million for 4 or 5 years and let 1 (or 2) of Zeke/Lawrence/Cooper walk, or we keep all those other guys and draft a starting-tier QB prospect. Which are you going to choose? Because its absolutely going to be one or the other.

first of all , that is false. WE can sign all those guys. But lets go with your draft another QB theory. Please explain how we are going to do that starting with THIS year. Go ahead.

madcow74

Reaction score
i think dak has more heart and toughness than goff or wentz. he just needs the ability to audible out of bad play calls like romo did all the time

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Draft another QB? LOL

This is where you show you have absolutely not a dose of reality in anything you say.

So lets hear your grand plan. How are we going to go about drafting a QB? Please tell your step by step plan on how that would happen, when, how long it would take to develop this kid and when would he beat out Dak?
I’d begin by waiting to extend Dak next year. That provides another year to fully evaluate.

In the meantime we could use a better backup. Use a 3rd or 4th to shore that up. Then we make a sounder decision in 2020 while having a 1st round pick then if needed.

madcow74

Reaction score
we gotta go back to beefing up the O-line

trade lee for an extra pick and go hardcore O-line in the draft

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak has his share of problems based in reality , I'm curious as to why people have to flat out make things up.

Daks #1 problem is the Oline. If the Oline can get back up to top 5 status, he plays great consistently. This offense can be a top 5 offense with a top 5 Oline.

And despite what the Dak trolls continue to dream about, we cannot just go out and find Tom Brady.

Mortgaging the future and sacrificing the next 3 years in order to attempt to develop some long shot rookie is NOT a plan.

cowfan

Reaction score
I'd imagine you were a fan and rooted for every single QB from Aikman to Romo and all of them in between, no doubt.

Is this the kind of offense you wish upon our team? Dink and dunk and if the secondary allows for it take a shot deep down the sideline?

I don't remember Aikman throwing the ball 40 to 50 times. Dallas was a run first offense with #22 and their offensive line. Do you think bashing Dak on this forum is going to make Jerry dump him?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
first of all , that is false. WE can sign all those guys. But lets go with your draft another QB theory. Please explain how we are going to do that starting with THIS year. Go ahead.

We CAN sign all those guys? How are we going to afford the rest of a team? It's not happening.

Dak's contract is up after 2019. There's several options.

1) Could draft a QB with your 2nd round pick - if you are lucky Will Grier might still be there and start grooming him. This is the least likely option of these - I dont think any starting caliber prospect will fall to us in the 2nd.
2) Could draft a QB in the 2020 draft after Dak's deal is up - that draft potentially will have a bunch of good QB talent in it, depending on who declares. (Tua, Eason, etc)
3) Tag Dak and pay him a whopping 25 mil or so to buy you a year while your 2020 draft QB sits and learns or, if you didnt draft a QB in 2020, you get another year of Dak to bridge you to whoever you draft in 2021.

Bottom line is i dont think this team should pay all that money for middle-tier QB production you can get out of a bridge QB or perhaps a high draft pick on a much cheaper deal, which will allow you to keep stronger pieces around them.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I think we just need the best offensive line in the NFL to cure Daks fear. Oh well

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Do you think Dak has the same talent level as Goff?
Wait Goff just missed another easy TD to a wide open man... Go ahead pimpins bash Goff like you do Dak x2

We been trying to tell y'all QBs miss open guys all the time

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Daks #1 problem is the Oline. If the Oline can get back up to top 5 status, he plays great consistently. This offense can be a top 5 offense with a top 5 Oline.

And despite what the Dak trolls continue to dream about, we cannot just go out and find Tom Brady.

Mortgaging the future and sacrificing the next 3 years in order to attempt to develop some long shot rookie is NOT a plan.
Don’t need a Brady.

There were 5 QB’s taken in 1st round this year better prospects than Dak.

Dak can win with a Top 5 OL, league leading running back, WR1 and top defense . But who couldn’t ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wait Goff just another easy TD to a wide open man... Go ahead pimpins bash Goff like you do Dak x2

We been trying to tell y'all QBs miss open guys all the time
Do you think Dak has same talent as Goff?