If you're blaming Andy Dalton, you are blind

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing has changed on this team other than Prescott is not playing. That’s why everybody in the franchise loves him. He bailed out everyone Elliot makes Prescott LMAO. All along I said it was Prescott making up for Elliotts shortcomings

Ringo88

Reaction score
Dak Prescott has NEVER been under pressure like Dalton was last night. And the Cowboys as a team played terrible.
But Dalton played well under pressure, and moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis.
The problem wasn't Dalton;
It was the Cowboys.
Moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis? Maybe by throwing it to the other team twice, yeah, i could see that.

Dak has in fact played behind a terrible line most of the season, but you obviously don’t want to recognize that. I was told all week this offense wouldn’t skip a beat. Dalton should’ve had 4 picks. He literally threw one right to a cardinal with no cowboys around.

Sorry, he’s not that good. It’s sad there are people who thought who would fix this disaster.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I look at the facts.

How many games has Prescott played without all of the following lineman over the past 4-5 years?

Tyron Smith (potentially a future Hall of Famer)
Zack Martin (potentially a future Hall of Famer)
Travis Frederick (All Pro)
La'el Collins (played like a Pro Bowler last season)

Once that question has been answered I then ask would you pay a quarterback circa $40 million a season with a decimated O-Line with even bigger warts on the defensive front?

Last night reinforced to me that we should tank, draft a rookie QB in the first round to ride that contract for 5 years and start all over again. Trade away any assets for future draft picks like the Dolphins did last season.

The scary thought is that I still think we will win the division if we want to. The other teams in our division are poor and the Cardinals are a good team - the loss was exaggerated by not having an O-Line (may as well just had nobody standing in front of Dalton) and Elliott gifting a good team 14 points. In reality the game was done once Martin went down but any small hope went when Zeke dropped the ball twice. But what's the point winning the division as we have no chance in the play offs with guys flipping burgers in the O-Line and a defense that is more open than the Indian Ocean.

On to Zeke and this goes to coaching. I said when he was appointed that McCarthy is a second hand car salesman. I remember many years ago after a New York Giant Running Back had fumbled the ball in a game, in the following game Tom Coughlin (yes two time Superbowl winning Head Coach) made the running back stand on the side line holding a ball under his arm for the entire game. It's called having accountability. Why wasn't Zeke given some sort of punishment for fumbling the ball in previous games? As a result he coughed it out on a couple more occasions last night.
Prescott lost the starting center, tight end, wide receiver, Elliot was out on suspension. And he still had a winning season. Prescott is a winner if people realize it sooner enough

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak Prescott has NEVER been under pressure like Dalton was last night. And the Cowboys as a team played terrible.
But Dalton played well under pressure, and moved the ball up and down the field on a regular basis.
It was the Cowboys.
Lmao. I saw the avatar and I knew it was coming . I give you credit for not caring that everyone knows your integrity is zero when it comes to quarterback evaluation

Carnes

Reaction score
It was the Cowboys.
um did you not see the atlanta game. Not this tr but yr before last. Smdh

Swagger

Reaction score
Prescott lost the starting center, tight end, wide receiver, Elliot was out on suspension. And he still had a winning season. Prescott is a winner if people realize it sooner enough
My question related to the offensive line not skill positions.

We have seen in previous years for example at the Giants that a team can have quality at skill positions but what's the point if the O-Line doesn't provide enough time to get anything productive done? Daniel Jones is looking better the more protection he has in front when previously both and he and two time Superbowl MVP Eli Manning badly struggled without time to throw the ball. Another example would be Aaron Rodgers vs the Bucs just gone. He looked good until the protection broke down then he could barely move the chains.

I remember when Prescott didn't have much protection vs the Falcons and Broncos in previous seasons and we were badly beaten.

So yeah you can say the kid is a winner etc but he isn't winning anything of any note without having protection in front of him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don’t think we got past Midfield one time. And this clown is saying we move the ball up and down the field. I can’t fathom the reality of his thoughts

I think we got past midfield a few times, but no where near how often Dak got us past it with this same oline.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My question related to the offensive line not skill positions.

We have seen in previous years for example at the Giants that a team can have quality at skill positions but what's the point if the O-Line doesn't provide enough time to get anything productive done? Daniel Jones is looking better the more protection he has in front when previously both and he and two time Superbowl MVP Eli Manning badly struggled without time to throw the ball. Another example would be Aaron Rodgers vs the Bucs just gone. He looked good until the protection broke down then he could barely move the chains.

I remember when Prescott didn't have much protection vs the Falcons and Broncos in previous seasons and we were badly beaten.

So yeah you can say the kid is a winner etc but he isn't winning anything of any note without having protection in front of him.
Prescott carried the team including Elliot. No we didn’t win because we aren’t very good. But at least we put up points and made it respectable. It was an embarrassment yesterday

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They brought pressure because the oline was breaking down and letting defenders get a free run at Dalton.

Despite all the chaos, Dalton had the team on the move than Zeke fumbles on consecutive drives, followed by a holding penalty and a no call PI on the int.
Dalton was a statue. The fumbles were in the first half. All he was able to contribute to was 7 points in the second half.

Swagger

Reaction score
Prescott carried the team including Elliot. No we didn’t win because we aren’t very good. But at least we put up points and made it respectable. It was an embarrassment yesterday
How many points did the offense led by Dak Prescott score versus the Colts in December 2018? My memory isn't quite what it was...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many points did the offense led by Dak Prescott score versus the Colts in December 2018? My memory isn't quite what it was...
I remember the Colts game. It was an entire implosion. They gave up on Jason Garrett. But if you’re going to compare Prescott to Dalton you have no integrity

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
*** does that have to do with now?

Talk about cherry picking.

Swagger

Reaction score
I remember the Colts game. It was an entire implosion. They gave up on Jason Garrett. But if you’re going to compare Prescott to Dalton you have no integrity
I'm not comparing anyone. I simply asking a question which you have failed to answer.