I'm a homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Stands Up

"Welcome to homers-anonymous, a fellowship of men and women who help each other stay homers. This is a closed meeting, but you are welcome to stay if you have a desire to quite being a hater and remain a homer. If you've been a hater in the last 24-hours, we ask that you only listen during the meeting.

My name is Pass2 Run. And I'm a homer. Let's get started."

rambo2

Reaction score
Stands Up

"Welcome to homers-anonymous, a fellowship of men and women who help each other stay homers. This is a closed meeting, but you are welcome to stay if you have a desire to quite being a hater and remain a homer. If you've been a hater in the last 24-hours, we ask that you only listen during the meeting.

My name is Pass2 Run. And I'm a homer. Let's get started."
Easy to be a homer when 37.5% of the league has never won 1 Super Bowl and the Cowboys have won 5. Jerry Jones has won 3 as an owner and 12 teams have won none.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Easy to be a homer when 37.5% of the league has never won 1 Super Bowl and the Cowboys have won 5. Jerry Jones has won 3 as an owner and 12 teams have won none.
Amen.

Let's join hands, my friend!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan for over 50 years, most of that time spent far away from the state of Texas. I've taken crap from Steelers fans, and more, that Texans never see.

I'm fine with you being "a homer", nestled in the great state of Texas where most people agree with you. But if you think it's blasphemous to dare to criticize anything the front office does then you're more than "a homer". You live in a comfortable, Cowboys-friendly, environment where the easiest thing to be is a homer. It's not a badge of honor. You've chosen the path of least resistance, so pardon me for not extending the pat on the back.

Being a Cowboys fan in hostile territory requires commitment, even when you dislike the people running the team. So criticizing their incompetence isn't disloyalty. It's the exact opposite. The easiest thing for me would be to go to my local Walmart, buy a Terrible Towel, and blend in. Only problem is I've never liked the Steelers.

Congrats, you're "a homer". But it's not exactly a challenge when you live in the home, is it? It's the path of least resistance. That doesn't make you a bad fan, but perhaps you should get off the high horse and stop congratulating yourself while criticizing others in different environments? That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm the one that used the crap sandwich analogy and you don't realize it was me.
The only one you are exposing is yourself. I don't hate you, I pity you.

*Shrugs* I mean, for most teams, what we have done the last two seasons, especially considering where we were in the 2019 and 2020 seasons, would be considered a very good season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan for over 50 years, most of that time spent far away from the state of Texas. I've taken crap from Steelers fans, and more, that Texans never see.

I'm fine with you being "a homer", nestled in the great state of Texas where most people agree with you. But if you think it's blasphemous to dare to criticize anything the front office does then you're more than "a homer". You live in a comfortable, Cowboys-friendly, environment where the easiest thing to be is a homer. It's not a badge of honor. You've chosen the path of least resistance, so pardon me for not extending the pat on the back.

Being a Cowboys fan in hostile territory requires commitment, even when you dislike the people running the team. So criticizing their incompetence isn't disloyalty. It's the exact opposite. The easiest thing for me would be to go to my local Walmart, buy a Terrible Towel, and blend in. Only problem is I've never liked the Steelers.

Congrats, you're "a homer". But it's not exactly a challenge when you live in the home, is it? It's the path of least resistance. That doesn't make you a bad fan, but perhaps you should get off the high horse and stop congratulating yourself while criticizing others in different environments? That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Hey, you hung in there and thanks for the support and having to hard love some of your feelings.

Being a homer is earned as well, and another meaning is doggedly supportive while understanding and also weathering the same and sanctioned insults while you know what the alternatives are that are also going down. Some of the homers are more than a stereotype of ease.

There still isn't a right way to do the wrong thing.

Both self appointed labels are fans...and the Cowboys needs a loud but loyal fandom. Not doing just that, is a cop out no matter what label is thrown about. The Cowboys deserve a strong vocal support. I don't care what level of disappointment displaces that role of a fan.

One knows his own values, valid enough.

I was a Cowboys fan when the three teams in Texas were the Cowboys, Texans, and Houston. The Star from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.