Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm fine with retooling.

Durant quit.

Wilber is strictly a special teamer.

And Hitchens was grossly overpaid.

But, at some point, they just plain need bodies. And someone capable of filling a two-down starting role.

But they've already got a ton invested in Lee and Smith and spending a high draft pick on a third guy isn't a good use of resources in my opinion. It would be akin to drafting those backup tight ends in the second round.
Again beating on Hitchens...OMG... Well...I will say this much, we will find out in a hurry what Hitchens meant to the Linebacking unit and if you still think he was grossly overpaid. I will leave this alone,FOR NOW.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine with retooling.

Durant quit.

But, at some point, they just plain need bodies. And someone capable of filling a two-down starting role.

But they've already got a ton invested in Lee and Smith and spending a high draft pick on a third guy isn't a good use of resources in my opinion. It would be akin to drafting those backup tight ends in the second round.

Spending a high pick on a LB isn't a good use of resources because they have an old Sean Lee and a crippled Jaylon Smith already on the roster.

Stash is having a worse offseason than the Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine with retooling.

Durant quit.

If Jaylon had shown he’s capable of starting last year, I might agree with you. Right now, I consider us having one legit starter back there and he’s 31 with a history of soft tissue injuries. Even if we do bring in someone like Bowman to take a two down role, we’re still going to need another starting caliber inside backer and two special teamers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again beating on Hitchens...OMG... Well...I will say this much, we will find out in a hurry what Hitchens meant to the Linebacking unit and if you still think he was grossly overpaid. I will leave this alone,FOR NOW.

If you want to claim that a part-time player and a guy who has never come remotely close to a Pro Bowl is worth being paid top 5 money at his position is worth it, feel free to make the case. The floor is yours...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:lmao:

This is what you're reduced to.

You've got nothing.

As usual.

But rush to defend every stupid decision "your team" makes.
Is something wrong with you mentally? Who did I defend? Where did I defend them at? And what does that have to do with Brice Butler sucking and not having a job? Is this your poor attempt at trying to say this franchise is incompetent? If it is....you couldn't have used any of the other 100s reasons? You have to stoop as low as using Brice Butler to do it?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Possibly. We do tend to sign free agents now who are easily cutable if they don't prove worth keeping or a young player outplays them. Unfortunately, those free agents also tend to be players who are easy to outplay.

In looking at them, I do like that Inman was able to put up solid second-receiver numbers in 2016. Of course, he did that because injuries led to him playing 90 percent of the Chargers' offensive snaps that year, so it had a lot to do with opportunity. The Chargers traded him the next season for a seventh-round pick, so clearly they weren't that impressed.
I think had more to do with the fact he had injury the team did not know about when he signed his tender. He had core muscle (sports hernia??) surgery after signing his tender.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spending a high pick on a LB isn't a good use of resources because they have an old Sean Lee and a crippled Jaylon Smith already on the roster.

Stash is having a worse offseason than the Cowboys.

Uh oh!

Somebody's butt hurt again!
:laugh:

If either of what you claim were true (it's not), doubling down on their mistakes makes things worse not better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you want to claim that a part-time player and a guy who has never come remotely close to a Pro Bowl is worth being paid top 5 money at his position is worth it, feel free to make the case. The floor is yours...
Pass. I WILL let things play out on the field. Actions my friend...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's the thing, Butler never got the chance to take snaps away from Williams. Because Williams had just been paid and seeing him lose snaps - even to a more productive player - would make the Cowboys' decision-makers look bad.

Can't have that.

I'm not going to say incompetence wasn't the reason the staff didn't give Butler more snaps, but at this point in his career through two stops, it's hard to say he's more than the 15- to 20-catch receiver he's been. It isn't like we took someone who was catching 30 to 40 balls per season and turned him into a seldom-used player. He was a seldom-used player before he got here, so I tend to believe there was a reason for it.

It'll be interesting to see if whoever he lands with ends up getting more use out of him than Dallas did.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is something wrong with you mentally? Who did I defend? Where did I defend them at? And what does that have to do with Brice Butler sucking and not having a job? Is this your poor attempt at trying to say this franchise is incompetent? If it is....you couldn't have used any of the other 100s reasons? You have to stoop as low as using Brice Butler to do it?

As you've said, there are 100's of reasons. And missing this guy while keeping a lousy status quo is one of those "100's".

I don't have to "stoop" anywhere. But I also don't have to turn a blind eye.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Brice is getting no offers...so teams aren't exactly knocking at his door. Cowboys staff knows much more than we all do on here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not going to say incompetence wasn't the reason the staff didn't give Butler more snaps, but at this point in his career through two stops, it's hard to say he's more than the 15- to 20-catch receiver he's been. It isn't like we took someone who was catching 30 to 40 balls per season and turned him into a seldom-used player. He was a seldom-used player before he got here, so I tend to believe there was a reason for it.

It'll be interesting to see if whoever he lands with ends up getting more use out of him than Dallas did.

I'm not labeling him some star. The guy has his issues and shortcomings. What I am saying is that I can see why he would be frustrated. He was more productive in his few opportunities than any of the receivers who somehow have untouchable status on this team. And I think that status quo is indicative of a bigger issue.

More than Brice Butler specifically, that's my point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As you've said, there are 100's of reasons. And missing this guy while keeping a lousy status quo is one of those "100's".

I don't have to "stoop" anywhere. But I also don't have to turn a blind eye.
Smh..no. He's not apart of my 100s of reasons. He's actually a positive to me. I wouldn't waste a dime on the worst receiver on my team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's what I thought.
You ok ? You need to have a cookie...You know this is not real right? We are all the same on here. Just fans with friendly opinions. Its not a spittin contest. Stop showin your age. I would love to have a friendly debate,without all the snarky bs. That said,Im a man of action..lets find out whos right on the field..PEACE.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think had more to do with the fact he had injury the team did not know about when he signed his tender. He had core muscle (sports hernia??) surgery after signing his tender.

Are you saying this was the reason he was traded? From what I read, he was expendable because they had four or five receivers they liked better (but I can't say I've read everything about his time with the Chargers). Coming off a 58-catch season, though, all they could get for him was a seventh.