Interesting Michael Gallup quote

T-RO

Reaction score
The team's poor planning at receiver was the problem last year, not Gallup.
Jerry's poor planning in failing to acquire WR talent was the problem last year?

We do know that later in the year Gallup also had two other injuries that impacted him late, and in the playoffs. This required two arthroscopic surgeries on his right knee and ankle in January.

Source:
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-january-2023

CCBoy

Reaction score
Agreed.

But in addition to the knee, his overall performance needs a rebound as well. He was bad last year.
Don't read up on the stats last year...read up on the man's hard work finalizing his recovery/play path.

Myself, I'm counting on his role being highly relevant in the receiver positional groups.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry's poor planning in failing to acquire WR talent was the problem last year?

We do know that later in the year Gallup also had two other injuries that impacted him late, and in the playoffs. This required two arthroscopic surgeries on his right knee and ankle in January.

Source:
Roster cash flow is finally in hand, this season...right now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The same FO that stood pat with Gallup coming off surgery is doing the exact thing with Pollard

so I figure we get our new running back after this season when it will be too late
Just between you and me, the medical staff and facility are top of the line.

Mannix

Reaction score
and this is why we have some serious hope for our WR's....if he is back to form were going to be lethal
Maybe he does feel better, but even when he was 100% he very seldom used the middle of the field...I still think we should have moved on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Maybe he does feel better, but even when he was 100% he very seldom used the middle of the field...I still think we should have moved on.
He still makes quite a few deeper completions and still has a great pair of hands.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His "fans" have been very quick to write him off.
They jumped to conclusions last year without knowing the full truth.

Now back to his 2021 pre-injury form, the Cowboys WR1, WR2 and WR3 will be top 3 in the league IMO.

Reactions: CWR

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I haven't been down on Gallup as much as a lot of fans around here are/were. He definitely had a down year, obviously with his injury recover, but I get the feeling he will bounce back. Yes, it's just a feeling, but he is a good player.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Gallup getting back to his 2019/2020 form with Dak could put the Cowboys over the top offensively. I remember when he was a poor man’s Dez. We need that Gallup back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Source:
Yes, trading Cooper and letting Wilson walk created problems that did not have to exist because we chose to replace them with a cheap receiver who had never showed he could be a No. 2 or even a No. 3 and a third-round draft pick from a smaller school.

We knew Gallup was not going to be ready to start the year and thinking Washington and a third-round rookie could step in was poor planning. Instead we end up having to use a sixth-rounder who had never shown himself to be better than a fourth receiver and a UDFA who was slightly ahead of the third-rounder. That's poor planning, and the Joneses pretty much have admitted as much.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Most,, sure, not all

AD had zero issues, also look at TB Bucs Godwin. Same injury, surgery same week, got hammy early game 1 but then had a great season. all players heal differently..Gallup wasnt right but ive seen other come back and be 100% first season back..
Certainly, it happens. That's what the Cowboys were counting on. They shouldn't have been.

T-RO

Reaction score
Yes, trading Cooper and letting Wilson walk created problems that did not have to exist because we chose to replace them with a cheap receiver who had never showed he could be a No. 2 or even a No. 3 and a third-round draft pick from a smaller school.

We knew Gallup was not going to be ready to start the year and thinking Washington and a third-round rookie could step in was poor planning. Instead we end up having to use a sixth-rounder who had never shown himself to be better than a fourth receiver and a UDFA who was slightly ahead of the third-rounder. That's poor planning, and the Joneses pretty much have admitted as much.
So Moore was supposed to have an unstoppable offense...
-Without a valid #2 receiver
-Without a valid #3 receiver
-Without a top 8 QB
-With a rookie LT
-Without the team's starting RT
-With a sloth RB in Zeke, who the owner mandated should start

Gotcha.

CCBoy

Reaction score
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Seems like no matter how many times I say this people still question it.
Some believe there is no accountability for just taking a negative view and leave figuring out to what happened ... as to outcome, only.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So Moore was supposed to have an unstoppable offense...
-Without a valid #2 receiver
-Without a valid #3 receiver
-Without a top 8 QB
-With a rookie LT
-Without the team's starting RT
-With a sloth RB in Zeke, who the owner mandated should start

Gotcha.
So you were defending Moore's "unstoppable offense" and now you are saying it wasn't?

I will acknowledge that any coach or coordinator Dallas has had has faced handicaps created by the Joneses. But I believe the problem is a combination of the offensive philosophy Garrett installed (and Moore built on) and the Joneses' poor use of free agency. Moore doesn't deserve to be absolved, just like Garrett didn't and Linehan didn't.

Like I've said, we'll see with Moore if the blame for the offensive shortcomings are more on him or the personnel. New York showed that Garrett was more of a problem than the team. Scott Linehan certainly hasn't gone on to bigger things since he was fired.

Now, it's a team game, so the blame hardly ever should all be placed on one coach or player. There were obstacles this team faced and we didn't show the ability to overcome them on offense. Moore takes the fall for that. We'll see if he deserves it.

My feeling is that he deserves his share because some of the same philosophical elements present in Garrett's and Linehan's coaching were present in Moore's. I believe those elements hurt the offense and keep it from being all that it can be, and those problems show up in games like the San Fran playoff games.