Interesting Tony Romo nugget

Blake

Reaction score
Nothing quite as costly as an interception in the first game of the season against an out of conference opponent. How does the team ever recover? The “Blake” troll outdoes himself again.

You should take your dispute up with the Hall of Fame committee. No Hall of Fame Romo, that's his new moniker.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
:thumbdown:Not sure how leading the league in late 4th qtr game-winning drives over a several year period can ever be called stats padding. Seems the opposite, actually.

But thats an argument for you and matt to have.
No ones saying he (and all other QBs) didnt have some bad picks.
Just found that comment odd.

He doesn't understand what padding stats means - padding stats is what Blake Bortles did in 2015 and how he got so many TD passes.

You don't get labeled the cardiac cowboys if you're always getting blown out in games.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Figure of speech. Not impressed by meaningless stats that have no relevance to post season success. It has superficially inflated Romo's image imo.

No, you were just wrong. You're either a really bad troll or just not smart. I'm going with a little bit of both.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We had truly top 15 defenses (total and scoring) twice
Playoffs teams

Blake

Reaction score
He doesn't understand what padding stats means - padding stats is what Blake Bortles did in 2015 and how he got so many TD passes.

You don't get labeled the cardiac cowboys if you're always getting blown out in games.

Read my response or be intellectually dishonest. Up to you.

Blake

Reaction score
No, you were just wrong. You're either a really bad troll or just not smart. I'm going with a little bit of both.

You take things so personally. Anyone who resorts to name calling, is obviously triggered like that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Read my response or be intellectually dishonest. Up to you.

Again, not an argument. Going to the "Figure of speech!" was dumb, "padding stats" in contexts of sports has a meaning and it didn't make sense with how you used it.

You were wrong and now you're stumbling.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sigh.

Go ahead Harry!

"EX SO DRAMAZONOMIS!"

Thanks Harry.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wasn't here but another forum blamed world hunger on Romo. Or, his hat being backward, it was ridiculous. That doesn't excuse his obvious mistakes. And I've NEVER, and I mean NEVER blamed Romo for everything. Just adding a little perspective that suggest Romo wasn't the cause of anything wrong.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Someone who couldn't score a single point until we were down by multiple TDs isn't playing "lights out". Someone who threw an INT on a simple dump off pass didn't play "lights out".

He had a good game but made costly mistakes. Stop revising and exaggerating.
So it wasn't the defense, got it!

Exaggerating, lmao. The irony.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So it wasn't the defense, got it!

Exaggerating, lmao. The irony.

I never said the defense played great - I will be one of the first and say the secondary has been our biggest problem for years. I'm saying he didn't play lights out and made big mistakes.

It's one thing if we were keeping up with the Packers and going back and forth with them, but that wasn't the case. We were all-around playing bad football in the first half. We didn't score and were playing catch up the rest of the game. It's not like Prescott came out on fire, he had his moments in that game, but overall, he made mistakes that kept us in a hole throughout the game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I appreciated that Romo hated giving up on a play, and the likely truth is he wouldn't have been as good a QB if he hadn't had that attitude, but it wasn't always the smart thing.

I understood it when he was young but I had hoped as he got older and Jerry paid him a kings ransom along with us not having any provisions at backup QB that he would gain a little better sense of Risk vs Reward . Living here in Eagle country I took a beating over every mistake he made but loyally made every excuse I could . Then after that Skins game I came to the realization He was what he was and would not ever change .
So I stopped making excuses and prayed for a QB with a different style of play and he is here

Flamma

Reaction score
Spoiled over the last 10 years? Lmao. You mean those 2 measly wild card wins. One of only 3 teams in the last 2 decades in the NFC not to make the the NFC championship game? How on earth are we spoiled? We have made the playoffs a total of 3 times in the last 10 years.

This fake mystique of Romo and over sensationalizing his time here is ridiculous. The Jay Cutler/Rex Grossman era for the Bears was infinitely more successful than Romo's tenure yet do you hear them reminiscing on those days? Absolutely not.

Spoiled in that we didn't need to look for a QB. Unless you think Rex Grossman would have taken us to a SB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah we had Romo.....and he was HOF at times At the end though, he wasn't Dan Marino or Danny White

Dez catch aside ..... We won nothing of importance

Exceptional at his craft, but not GREAT shouldering the burden

Romo had two realistic chances while with the Cowboys. Once in 2007 and again in 2014. It's not easy to go to a Super Bowl. There isn't a QB in the history of this game that could have had much more success with any of those other crap Cowboys teams from 2008 to 2013.

jay94

Reaction score
Time has not forgotten.

:laugh:
"2 playoff wins under his belt"
"ROMO GOT A PASSER RATING"

8 INTs in games under 3 minutes left and behind. That's the most in the NFL among starting QBs.

Romo has been surrounded with good to elite WR talent and hasn't been able to lead teams to the playoffs

Romo has missed the playoffs with defenses in the Top 15 and multiple pro bowlers at his disposal.

Romo choked in 2007 vs the Giants, got out played by Eli despite Marion Barber running for over 130 yards.

Romo had the 3nd ranked defense in the playoffs in 2009, and still choked vs the Vikings.

191 yards and only 21 points against a Packers with a suspect D. Also got outplayed by a QB who was essentially playing on one leg

- "Cowboy fans"

Mike and Mike are obviously stupid with this posting. A fourth and one is a top 5 game breaking interception, give me a break... Also Denver is number one, he carried the team his self, the defense allowed 56 points, get out of here with this stupidity. His receivers besides Owens all were below average besides Dez who was always vastly overrated, he made Dez and now his true colors shine through.

Blake

Reaction score
Mike and Mike are obviously stupid with this posting. A fourth and one is a top 5 game breaking interception, give me a break... Also Denver is number one, he carried the team his self, the defense allowed 56 points, get out of here with this stupidity. His receivers besides Owens all were below average besides Dez who was always vastly overrated, he made Dez and now his true colors shine through.

All fine and dandy. Make sure not to conveniently block out 2012, Week 17 against Washington - in which the GREAT Tony Oh No! was absolutely "clutch", tossing an embarrassing three picks that sealed the Cowboy's fate and handed Washington the NFC east title. Despite numerous attempts to detract from this simple fact, Romo does indeed carry his share of responsibility for folding in crucial moments and not elevating the team as an elite quarterback should. The narrative will follow him to his grave. Book it.

Dodger12

Reaction score
All fine and dandy. Make sure not to conveniently block out 2012, Week 17 against Washington - in which the GREAT Tony Oh No! was absolutely "clutch", tossing an embarrassing three picks that sealed the Cowboy's fate and handed Washington the NFC east title. Despite numerous attempts to detract from this simple fact, Romo does indeed carry his share of responsibility for folding in crucial moments and not elevating the team as an elite quarterback should. The narrative will follow him to his grave. Book it.

Romo was the only thing that gave this team any chance to compete. It certainly wasn't the coaching or the GM that gave him very little to work with, especially on D, for most of his career. At the end of the day, he made scrubs like Miles Austin and Laurent Robinson millionaires. He also made a slow, prodding TE a first ballot HOF'er. And I also think it's clear now that Dez Bryant owes his millions to Romo as well. He covered up everyone's flaws, including some putrid OL play. And there's also a reason Jerry loves Romo so much. The man helped him build his monument to his ego because without a true franchise QB, no way Jerry sells those high priced seats. Bottom line is Romo carried this team and it's front office for years.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

That was the game he lost both Austin and Byrant and had to rely on dump offs.

Either way, this doesn't take away the fact that your claims so far have been debunked. Stop trying.

Blake

Reaction score
That was the game he lost both Austin and Byrant and had to rely on dump offs.

Either way, this doesn't take away the fact that your claims so far have been debunked. Stop trying.

Excuses excuses. Doesn't take away the fact that those were terrible throws that cost the game.