iPhone 4

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;3448610 said:
Piece of crap? Give me a break. My wife even says my Nexus One is better than her iTouch.

Apples and Oranges.

And, didn't know your wife was the leading authority on technology. Must not have gotten the memo.

btw since you obviously have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, Google only stopped selling the Nexus One online. You will soon be buying them in the T-Mobile stores instead. :rolleyes: The Nexus One isn't going anywhere.

Yes. I have no clue.

Last figures I have seen 135,000 Nexus Ones have been sold.

Outstanding.

I seriously doubt you've actually used one as you claim.

I did. Not as fluid. The overall user experience isn't a game changer.

Sorry. But, don't need to get your panties all wadded up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;3448595 said:
It's customized for their specific hardware.

I'm a software engineer. I code. I code for different platforms i.e. windows/linux etc.

It is not a rumor. It is the way it is.

As a developer why would I choose to code for a specific device when I can choose to code for a platform with 100+ million devices.

LOL. I'm sure you're quite good at your job too. You do understand what the fragmentation issue is right? v1.6 vs v2.1

As a freaking self-proclaimed programmer, you do understand what Java is right? I'm confused since there is iPhone v4 and iPhone v3 out there and you don't see the same issue? Customizing a phone doesn't break an application.

You're talking about the fragmentation of say Linux in have several distros. Android isn't fragmented like that, but as a software developer I would expect you to know that.

I love how your responses to my last post weren't even relative.

kapolani

Reaction score
You still haven't told me what's superior.

All you mentioned was just fluff.

Fluff that I can do with my jailbroken iphone.

From a hardware and software stand point, what is superior? You mentioned nothing that is superior.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kapolani;3448620 said:

From a hardware and software stand point, what is superior? You mentioned nothing that is superior.

It isn't a product made by that evil company, Apple .

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;3448620 said:

:D

Sure I did, but you have blinders on.

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;3448619 said:
LOL. I'm sure you're quite good at your job too. You do understand what the fragmentation issue is right? v1.6 vs v2.1

As a freaking self-proclaimed programmer, you do understand what Java is right? I'm confused since there is iPhone v4 and iPhone v3 out there and you don't see the same issue? Customizing a phone doesn't break an application.

All iPhones have the same underlying OS.

Having to build a specific OS to support your hardware requirements is not the way to go.

Not all apps that are coded for an Android device can run on EVERY device.

Yes. In fact I'm coding in Java right now.

You do realize that Java apps have to have Java Virtual Machine running, correct? Running for a specific platform etc.

You're talking about the fragmentation of say Linux in have several distros. Android isn't fragmented like that, but as a software developer I would expect you to know that.

So, what you're saying is - all Android phones are running the same build. Is that what you're saying?

Maybe you don't understand what fragmentation is.

I don't even know how many different Android devices are out there. They ARE NOT running the same builds.

So, as a developer I have to choose what builds I can support. I would also have to choose which devices are worth supporting.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;3448634 said:
Yes. In fact I'm coding in Visual Basic right now.
Fixed it for you. ;)

kapolani;3448634 said:
You do realize that Java apps have to have Java Virtual Machine running, correct? Running for a specific platform etc.
Are you trying to teach me something? I'm a freaking systems architect. I don't need a JVM installation lesson. :laugh2:
kapolani;3448634 said:
So, as a developer I have to choose what builds I can support. I would also have to choose which devices are worth supporting.
More power to you. If you're a mobile app developer and money is your bottom line. We will see you developing for the Android soon enough.

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;3448648 said:
Fixed it for you. ;)

Are you trying to teach me something? I'm a freaking systems architect. I don't need a JVM installation lesson. :laugh2:

More power to you. If you're a mobile app developer and money is your bottom line. We will see you developing for the Android soon enough.

You're a systems architect?

And you don't see the problem.

Now I know you're full of poop.

LOL.

:lmao2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;3448649 said:

LOL.

Oh I get it. You're using the "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" approach here. :rolleyes:

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;3448652 said:
Oh I get it. You're using the "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" approach here. :rolleyes:

Wait. You mean like you trying to toss out buzzwords like Java to make you sound like you know what you're talking about?

What exactly do you do as a Systems Architect. The ones I work with definitely don't code.

Still waiting for you to dazzle me with Androids superiority.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
kapolani;3448649 said:

LOL.

He just tried to discount your argument by saying you're coding in Visual Basic, when based on your post you clearly are indeed coding in Java, discussing virtual machines, etc.

lol.

kapolani

Reaction score
casmith07;3448678 said:
He just tried to discount your argument by saying you're coding in Visual Basic, when based on your post you clearly are indeed coding in Java, discussing virtual machines, etc.

lol.

In a pass life I used to shoot guns and blow **** up. Sometimes people mistake my meathead appearance thinking I'm not a smart and highly motivated individual.

I now bang on a keyboard to pay my bills.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
kapolani;3448686 said:
In a pass life I used to shoot guns and blow **** up. Sometimes people mistake my meathead appearance thinking I'm not a smart and highly motivated individual.

I now bang on a keyboard to pay my bills.

You know what they say. Disregard females, acquire currency, by any means deemed fair and proper.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kapolani;3448676 said:
Wait. You mean like you trying to toss out buzzwords like Java to make you sound like you know what you're talking about?

What exactly do you do as a Systems Architect. The ones I work with definitely don't code.

Wow...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;3448676 said:

I build infrastructure for financial trading platforms. (like E-trade, Ameritrade, but for a different company) You're right, I do not program for a living (though I can and did at one time) I DO on the other hand know all about operating systems, software versions and Java. I have to, because I have to make them work. Not "just work" they have to be absolutely rock solid.

I DO also know about fragmentation for the very same reason. Something you've already made clear you don't have a complete grasp on. Just a buzz word you hear Steve Jobs say.

I already told you several things better, but you just keep acting like a 6 year old screaming the same thing over and over making it pointless to keep responding. I get more coherent responses from my dog. Next you're going to start screaming "I know you are, but what am I!"

I'll pass. /ignored

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kapolani;3448697 said:
Well, it's true.

System Architect != System Engineer

No the "Wow" was for what you said in the first sentence :laugh2: .

Anywho, there are so many "titles" and disciplines in IT that I have a hard time keeping track of what each one does.

I'm actually going to work for an IT Consulting firm in 2 weeks and I had 2 Technical Interviews. The first guy was an "Architect" and he told me straight up he couldn't ask me any in depth technical questions as he was more high level, so the interview was mostly about Design Patterns, Auditing/Logging, Software Optimization, Creation of Artifacts/Documentation etc etc.

I want to go that route eventually, so I learned a lot from him.