Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken

Reaction score
Russell Wilson

Now lets hear the back track.

O yeah, arent u duke that thinks Dak is better than Wentz? LOL. Im clearly wasting my time here.
Russell Wilson

Now lets hear the back track.

O yeah, arent u duke that thinks Dak is better than Wentz? LOL. Im clearly wasting my time here.
Interesting that you would say Wilson....i agree more productive. I happened to call Wilson being better than RG Knee on draft day...go figure.

I was referring though to 2nd year qbs in Dak's draft class. I should have been more clear. Even though Wilson was better, it isn't clearly better and it isn't without debate. I will concede however.

Yes, I think Dak is better than Wentz and have not waivered off of that. Just look how the Eagles fell apart when their great qb went down.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm grown.

Name 1 2nd year qb who has produced more than Dak has. I'll wait.

Your analysis is baseless.

I will do that

Dak Prescott 1st 2 seasons
45 TD's 17 INT's 13 fumbles (7 lost) 6991 passing yards 7.4 YPA, 65.2 completion percentage

Dan Marino
68 TD's 23 INT's 0 fumbles 7294 passing yards 8.4 YPA, 62.2 completion percentage

* Dan Marino did this playing only 11 games as a rookie and 16 in his 2nd season and playing in an era where DB could tackle a receiver down the field and not get called for pass interference. There are many more examples of QB's who produced more that Dak has

Now Dak did run more than Marino and has 12 TD's rushing but he is nowhere the QB Dan Marino was

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
His rookie year was not a fluke. He'll retire here .

This year is going to tell the story of whether you are correct or not. QB's really don't improve alot after 3 years and 48 games started, he will be who he is, but he does get this year to adjust to what teams did to him last season. It's on him this year

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This year is going to tell the story of whether you are correct or not. QB's really don't improve alot after 3 years and 48 games started, he will be who he is, but he does get this year to adjust to what teams did to him last season. It's on him this year
See Troy Aikman.

rags747

Reaction score
I would feel much better about our future if we had Manziel as our starting QB. Dak yr 1 Great, Dak yr 2 major suck.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s no doubt Dak is our future.

The bigger question: is our future brighter with Dak?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Arguing whose better is a worthless argument. The only thing that matters is winnng. Dan Marino was better than Troy Aikman. Would you want to root for Dan being better and 0 championships or Troy being worse while winning 3? And fantasy GM playing putting Dan on the Cowboys trying to project how the team would have still won is equally worthless.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
There’s no doubt Dak is our future.

The bigger question is our future brighter with Dak?

I hear you but i won't believe Dak is our future until/if he gets his 2nd contract and if this year is a repeat of last season are the Cowboys going to be willing to invest 20m+/season (at least the going rate for a QB by then) in him? At this point i'm not so sure

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Arguing whose better is a worthless argument. The only thing that matters is winnng. Dan Marino was better than Troy Aikman. Would you want to root for Dan being better and 0 championships or Troy being worse while winning 3? And fantasy GM playing putting Dan on the Cowboys trying to project how the team would have still won is equally worthless.
Right!

And why ultimately Dak will be measured by the success of the team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You really want to compare the teams Troy Aikman started with compared to what Dak started with? We can do that if you want but suffice to say even starting with as bad a team as Aikman did he got better his 2nd season, not worse. Aikman was the QB he was going to be after 3 seasons
Compare Daks first seasons team with the second. Then, compare Daks numbers in both.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hear you but i won't believe Dak is our future untill/if he gets his 2nd contract and if this year is a repeat of last season are the Cowboys going to be willing to invest 20m+/season (at least the going rate for a QB by then) in him? At this point i'm not so sure
I think Dak will do enough to get the next contract. And maybe we’ll get Dak at a cheaper rate like Bortyles.

rags747

Reaction score
I hear you but i won't believe Dak is our future untill/if he gets his 2nd contract and if this year is a repeat of last season are the Cowboys going to be willing to invest 20m+/season (at least the going rate for a QB by then) in him? At this point i'm not so sure
Unfortunately this team is all in on Dak already, they are just so happy that they do not have to find anyone else at this point. The only way he doesn't get a huge contract is if Garrett is fired and the new incoming coach wants his own guy at QB because he feels that he cannot win with Dak.

We will know soon enough if Dak is the guy, can he beat defenses that are stacking the box to stop Zeke. If he can't make defenses pay when they are daring him to beat them then it will be a very long year for Zeke and us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I will do that

Dak Prescott 1st 2 seasons
45 TD's 17 INT's 13 fumbles (7 lost) 6991 passing yards 7.4 YPA, 65.2 completion percentage

Dan Marino
68 TD's 23 INT's 0 fumbles 7294 passing yards 8.4 YPA, 62.2 completion percentage

* Dan Marino did this playing only 11 games as a rookie and 16 in his 2nd season and playing in an era where DB could tackle a receiver down the field and not get called for pass interference. There are many more examples of QB's who produced more that Dak has

Now Dak did run more than Marino and has 12 TD's rushing but he is nowhere the QB Dan Marino was
We’re going to need a better team surrounding Dak than we had with Romo most of his career.

My hope is we can finally build a great defense which with our great running game, Dak can drive the Bus.

Last edited: