News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, the issue has been well fleshed out and a certain person is mostly just repeating his initial assertions.

I'm thinking about starting a liquor thread. Beer is unpalatable.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"weird things written with a purpose" - good description of everything on this and every other message board
Some purposes are for emotional and spiritual gain towards a topic dear to heart. No. I'm not a part of that. I have a job to do.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
once again shows that NFL players have no rights and their careers are subject to the whims of the league office and whatever PR story they want to sell that week.

We agree on that but not because the league has any sort of imbued responsibility to seek the truth but because the players were dumb enough to agree to giving the league that sort of power.

They could have pushed for more specific wording and limits, but they didn't. They'd be wise to do so in the next CBA.

Elliot can push as far as he wants and maybe his suspension gets reduced, but he isn't going to change anything about the league's power to do whatever the hell they want with zero consistency.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Ha ha ha! I'm slipping! Needs hooks through flesh and stuff to prove my sincerity, yes?

Well then no. I don't care enough... effffffff all that shiz-nozz. Ain't any hooks going through this temple.

I was thinking more along the lines of "In my despair I tore the ring from nipple," or something like that. Leave the noggin alone I say.

Corso

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of "In my despair I tore the ring from nipple," or something like that. Leave the noggin alone I say.
Lol... I was going to go more extreme, but upon thinking... You got it.
Leave the noodle for forks and sauce. I would hate for the mods to haunt me again...

beacamdim

Reaction score
Some purposes are for emotional and spiritual gain towards a topic dear to heart. No. I'm not a part of that. I have a job to do.

Fair enough. But as they say to each his own, and what is dear to one heart - or one's job to do - may not be another's. And vice versa.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Like many cities/regions, there are certainly areas to avoid with respect to crime (they're pretty well known by the locals)...and a few things for which to be on guard, such as never ride in a car in dense traffic with the windows down. I have seen more thefts that way than any other. Dudes roll up on scooters and do a snatch and grab, taking off through traffic. Also, never try to drive there if you value your life!? lol.

Argentina (as well as Brazil) seems to always be on the precipice of economic greatness or collapse. The good news is they are very expat friendly when it comes to economic incentives for investment, etc. No thick red tape to clear or big fears of asset seizures. Of course the region will continue to boom with the big oil discoveries being exploited down there.

Re: the food, yes, seafood is plentiful and high quality, albeit not a dietary staple there. And much of it is prepared Italian style (e.g., in pasta, sauces, etc.). Brazil and Uruguay are more so seafood oriented but the Argentines certainly are no dunces when it comes to those dishes...ceviches, however, are not going to be very much in play there.

The night life is pretty well reputed...especially the tango shows/cabarets...and yes, there's certainly a pro American sentiment that helps in the social scene. On that score, I found people incredibly friendly there...it wasn't unusual to meet someone in the morning at a market or store and be enjoying a nice home cooked meal with family at their place that same evening...hospitality and socializing are cultural staples I've found...much more than the States.

As an aside, if you do decide to venture down there, the Mendoza region (along the Chilean border) is wonderful, especially if you're a wine country buff...and a quick jaunt over to Uruguay to check out the capital (Montevideo) and the party scene at Punta del Este (the latter makes places like Ibiza or Mykonos look like amateur hour) are highly recommended. If I were to ever consider relocating down there, it would probably be Uruguay btw...still having easy access to its surrounding neighbors.

i particularly like the peruvian seafood appetizers (not just ceviches) but like the ones with avocado/egg/mashed potato/crab 'napoleons'

what is the weather like in BA and Uraguay?
Please talk more about crime rate and kidnapping?
is the expensive (relatively) part of town safe for americans and asians?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Anyone haunting you is generally not a good thing unless they're Bella Thorne and ready to rock with you telling her you aren't taking pics from her phone...

I see good spirits and bad spirits. you'd best be careful of Walt though, he can be very protective.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No, I'm not. I haven't seen any of it.

The DA believed her. The NFL believed her. And in this situation, that's all the NFL needs to render this punishment. I wish they'd get out of this business and let the courts handle this kind of stuff. It's over Goodell's head to conduct an investigation of this sort.

Wait what? When did the DA believe her? I'm confused by that statement.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Peter Harvey was an attorney general for New Jersey, appointed by Jim McGreevey. McGreevey was the former governor of New Jersey who was disgraced so badly that he is considered by many as New Jersey's most corrupt governor, ever. Harvey also represented Ziggy Wilf after a judgment found Wilf liable of defrauding business partners of $103 million.

Here's another interesting tidbit about Harvey:

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0904/0904mcgreevey.htm

The Attorney General's Office
The attorney general's office has been run by handpicked McGreevey men, who have conducted themselves more like Mafia consigliere than the leaders of state law enforcement. McGreevey's first AG, David Samson, literally walked away from corruption charges that the State Police's background investigation of McGreevey nominee for State Police superintendent, Joseph Santiago, turned up. Rather than aggressively investigate the charges, Samson's number two man and successor, Peter Harvey, covered them up. Harvey has also refused to investigate serious charges against other McGreevey appointees, is suspected of having sandbagged federal corruption investigations, has trampled on the state constitution, and though he has been surrounded by corruption, to my knowledge has never cracked a single corruption case. Such aggressive dereliction of duty may or may not be indictable as obstruction of justice -- that's for the feds to determine -- but it's still corruption. Harvey's deputy, Vaughn McKoy, has come up with his own creative ruses to avoid doing his job.

Peter Harvey

According to the Gannett newspaper chain's Trenton Bureau chief, Bob Ingle, AG Peter Harvey "couldn't find political corruption with a detailed road map." Ingle's March 15 column was entitled, "McGreevey administration heading for scandal record." And that was several indictments and resignations ago. Ingle wrote, "As our Sandy McClure first reported, the feds said some state officials did not cooperate with requests for information when subpoenas were served. ‘Some people have not been willing to speak to authorities based on advice of counsel,' a source told McClure. It was not clear who the counsel was. Federal authorities indicated they would not be amused if it were Attorney General Peter ‘See No Evil' Harvey or an aide. Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest if the state's attorney general, who is entrusted with upholding the law, put the McGreevey administration's interest above his sworn obligation? Could that be impeachment territory for Harvey?"

And as Robert Schwaneberg wrote in Capital Report, that back in March, 2003, when state Sen. Robert Martin (R-Morris) cast the lone vote against Harvey's nomination on the state judiciary committee, Harvey retaliated by having Martin subpoenaed. "…Harvey sent investigators to Martin's home with a subpoena. They demanded to know his sources for questioning Harvey's ability to investigate claims that the Governor's Office was interfering in parole decisions. Lawmakers have a constitutional privilege against such interrogation."

YR

Corso

Reaction score
Fair enough. But as they say to each his own, and what is dear to one heart - or one's job to do - may not be another's. And vice versa.
True... I only speak from my perspective and have never admitted a "worldly" view. I just do from where I do with what I have available to myself at any moment in time to influence this and other egos with and/or without whatever is influencing me at the time.

I don't speak for, or to you in posts as such. I'm selfish that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.