It was all visible a mile away

Asklesko

Reaction score
We seem to lean in to things we do well (drafting ol) and totally ignore what we don't (drafting dt's). How Jerry Jones expects to win any important games is beyond me.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So here’s another “fan” hoping the Cowboys lose.
Dear Jerry, please help me. They're mean to me on the CZ message board because they think you guys don't know what you're doing, but not me, I believe in you! Please show everybody how great you are at roster building and contracts and stuff. Please Jerry, PLEASE! Make the haters go away!

There ya go bud, start your next letter with that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dear Jerry, please help me. They're mean to me on the CZ message board because they think you guys don't know what you're doing, but not me, I believe in you! Please show everybody how great you are at roster building and contracts and stuff. Please Jerry, PLEASE! Make the haters go away!

There ya go bud, start your next letter with that.
I’m so glad I’ve triggered you.

IMG-0553.gif

:lmao: :grin:

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry would have been fired by now if he wasn’t the owner. No GM lasts this long without playoff success. None.

It’s ok Rambo. Admitting Jerry isn’t a good GM doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan anymore. You can do it.
If he is bad when he wins 12 games 3 years in a row. What does that make the rest of the league?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hey man ........ winning 12 games in a row (when you face the Giants and Commanders 4 times a year) is just as good as winning in the playoffs ......... maybe even better.

Meanwhile there’s legit been coaches and GM’s fired in the league who had winning records but couldn’t get further in the playoffs.

But now we are supposed to be sold on the idea of Jerry actually deserving to be GM based off merit.

Hilarious.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....the silver-lining all this. Its week 3. Plenty of time for checkering things around.

Heck, Jerry might do crazy move and trade for high skilled DT, in few weeks.

East is up for grabs, again. Lets see if we can take advantage.

shabazz

Reaction score
It was obvious to many that this was going to be a throwaway year. We're just not going anywhere w/ the personnel at RB or DT. Good thing is, it only takes one RB.
It's more than DT and RB.

To be the best one has to beat the best. For an example, Let's just compare rosters to the Niners.

Quartebacks......I'll leave that one alone because it will trigger to many here and miss the true message.

Rb corp....not close, advantage niners
WR corp....not close, advantage niners
Offensive line.....potentially gaining back ground but still Niners
TE corp....advantage Niners

LB corp....Niners by a mile
DTs.....Big advantage Niners
Secondary.......when healthy, slight advantage Cowboys

Coaching......advantage Niners

I could compare our roster to the Eagles and Lions and we would still be at a disadvantage overall.

The FO is under the delusion that this roster was good enough, "AS IS" so they made our QB the highest paid player in the HISTORY of the NFL assuming he would make up for deficiencies.

As the professor in " the waterboy" movie said, " Mommas wrong again"

But in this case, Colonel Sanders would be right

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
you cannot make a silk purse out of a cows ear and what makes you think this bunch is going to get it right on DT?
I said they'll be better repaired. Pretty simple concept.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This off-season, it was certainly obvious even to the average fan (and more importantly football experts) that the Cowboys needed major help at several positions including C, LT, LB, but most glaringly at DT and RB. It was visible a mile away. What did our FO do to address these positions?
  • Drafted Tyler Guyton and Cooper Beebe to shore up OL needs. (Both appear to have major upside)
  • Drafted DE Marshawn Kneeland who has good upside as an edge run stopper, and has flashed some good potential.
  • Drafted LB Marist Liafau who also shown potential.
  • Drafted CB Caelen Carson who also has flashed lots of upside.
  • Drafted WR Ryan Flournoy in round 6. Has made the team but hasn’t played yet.
  • Drafted two 7th rounders - a long shot T Nathan Thomas (on IR) and DT Justin Rogers who was cut.
The penny pinching Cowboys Free agency moves to address needs: Signed retread RB Royce Freeman, now on his 5th team in 6 years, a slow and washed up Zeke Elliott, and eventually signed DT Linvall Joseph from his retirement couch. Then in August traded for DT Jordan Phillips who has just been placed on IR for a wrist injury Phillips says is “fine”. Ouuuuuch!

After two games this season, the two positions that scream “help needed immediately“ are DT and RB. Just like they were back in March when the off-season started.

In the Cowboys last 16 games (including last year’s playoff loss to GB) we have literally been blown out by teams that were physical and could run the ball and we could not run the ball against them. We lost to SF 42-10, Buffalo 31-10, GB 48-32, and to NO 44-19. In each of those blowout losses, it was obvious we can’t stop the run, nor run the ball.

Heading into game 3, I don’t know what this organization can do to fix these huge holes at DT and RB except try to make a trade or get lucky finding a player in the trash heap. Both are long shots. And I go back to March when options were available especially in the draft. It was visible a mile away.
How about hiring a professional GM to run the team ?
That might do wonders !

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The running game is unfixable right now, even if we had a stud young RB.

Steele is a disaster. He's inconsistent at best, and sometimes downright awful, and the Cowboys are locked into him for massive $ for a couple of years at least.

Zack Martin is shot. He's basically stealing $ from the team at this point, and our clueless owner let him extract extra $ from him 13 months ago, when he should have laughed at him and told him he was overpaid already. His last years all pro/pro bowl is basically a legacy award, as Martin was worthy of neither. Getting tossed aside like a rag doll on the 1st passing play of the season and getting Dak nearly killed is a harbinger of things to come. He's toast.

~$35 million in salaries for 2 guys who are below average. Combine that with a rookie center and LT, and a young Emmitt Smith wouldn't be able to run behind this disaster of an OL.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I said they'll be better repaired. Pretty simple concept.
and it is a pretty simple concept to know that being prepared and completely outmanned means you are going to get worked
Get it now?

gtb1943

Reaction score
The running game is unfixable right now, even if we had a stud young RB.

Steele is a disaster. He's inconsistent at best, and sometimes downright awful, and the Cowboys are locked into him for massive $ for a couple of years at least.

Zack Martin is shot. He's basically stealing $ from the team at this point, and our clueless owner let him extract extra $ from him 13 months ago, when he should have laughed at him and told him he was overpaid already. His last years all pro/pro bowl is basically a legacy award, as Martin was worthy of neither. Getting tossed aside like a rag doll on the 1st passing play of the season and getting Dak nearly killed is a harbinger of things to come. He's toast.

~$35 million in salaries for 2 guys who are below average. Combine that with a rookie center and LT, and a young Emmitt Smith wouldn't be able to run behind this disaster of an OL.
Last year he was indeed very good. I got news for you dude; the All Pro accolades are the only really respected ones anymore and they clearly think you are full of it