ITS: Ungrateful fans need to stop taking Dak Prescott for granted

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You mean like they took advantage when Dak was on a rookie deal and signed all those big time free agents?
There was massive older player overhang and dead money during Dak's rookie contract, and then Jerry signed some bad big money contracts toward the end.
That's where the cap savings went

Techsass

Reaction score
I agree with you.

Our entire draft was with 1300 “points”.

#1 overall is 3000
#5 overall is 1700

So, every pick we own two years in a row and it still isn’t enough to get #1

Of course that is fantasy and no team would do it. What are they going to do with a bunch of extra late rounders? Cut them?

There’s really just no way to go from late 20s to top five because simply can’t give enough value to any team in those spots.
You'd have to add players like Parsons to the draft picks to get the QB we'd want. If we did that we'd still probably have to wait for him to get accustomed to playing in the NFL.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the pundits on both side of the debate for reaching page 30. 40 is attainable...but I challenge you all to get to 50. Come on now. Let's repeat every argument from pages 1 through 10....

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
what the heck does this even mean!? yes, the cap is fluid. the fact is that we do have 20M in cap space. the facts are that you can push money into the future. at some point, it all comes to an end and you rebuild. but that's every team. sounds like you are more worried about the cap than actually building a team (see Rams two years ago).
Not at all. I wish we would borrow from future years right now to go all in… That said, if we weren’t playing a mediocre quarterback, 50 million we would’ve had more money to spend this off-season… And I know you’ll say well we have 20 million right now. Why didn’t we spend that… The brain trust must feel that that 20 million is necessary to push forward to 24 …

CCBoy

Reaction score
At AIT a new enlisted was given a 6 week window to at least go to war with...

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm an ungrateful fan. It's hard to appreciate somebody that cant throw the ball more than 30 feet without moving their feet. (See throws to Beasley back in 2016 that fell way short.)
Lol. What a ridiculous comment. Not shocked considering the poster.

Please explain to the group. How Dak is in the top 10 in air yards and top 5 in deep passing if he can’t throw the ball more than 30 feet.

I’m ok taking shots at players when the reasoning behind it is actual fact, but making up things to support your agenda is childish and also ridiculous.

Go watch some football. Specifically the Steelers game from the same season you’re referring to. Let me know when you get to the dez touchdown, then let me know how far the ball travels, what Romo says on the sidelines, and what happens afterwards.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lol. What a ridiculous comment. Not shocked considering the poster.

Please explain to the group. How Dak is in the top 10 in air yards and top 5 in deep passing if he can’t throw the ball more than 30 feet.

I’m ok taking shots at players when the reasoning behind it is actual fact, but making up things to support your agenda is childish and also ridiculous.

Go watch some football. Specifically the Steelers game from the same season you’re referring to. Let me know when you get to the dez touchdown, then let me know how far the ball travels, what Romo says on the sidelines, and what happens afterwards.
Remember back in 2016 there was a time where Dak was having trouble with his footwork and mechanics. He tried making a several throws to Beasley who was wide open in the flat and he didn't move his feet. Beasley was about 12 yards away and my gawd the ball just fell short about 10 feet in front of Beasley. Dude I could make that throw without moving my feet! Just like we saw when Dak made the pro bowl and was doing those throwing games with Rivers, Brees and Dalton. He went right after Rivers and was throwing for this target about 60 feet away and armed casually and it fell way short he did again trying to hit the target and put more into it and it fell short also. He finally took a few steps and heaved the ball. To some of you this may not mean much but a QB is always making throws off balance and under pressure and if you can't flick that ball 20 yards without having to step into it you got one of the weakest arms in the NFL. And that's why he needs everything perfect around him and that also explains why he doesn't perform well when pressured.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Remember back in 2016 there was a time where Dak was having trouble with his footwork and mechanics. He tried making a several throws to Beasley who was wide open in the flat and he didn't move his feet. Beasley was about 12 yards away and my gawd the ball just fell short about 10 feet in front of Beasley. Dude I could make that throw without moving my feet! Just like we saw when Dak made the pro bowl and was doing those throwing games with Rivers, Brees and Dalton. He went right after Rivers and was throwing for this target about 60 feet away and armed casually and it fell way short he did again trying to hit the target and put more into it and it fell short also. He finally took a few steps and heaved the ball. To some of you this may not mean much but a QB is always making throws off balance and under pressure and if you can't flick that ball 20 yards without having to step into it you got one of the weakest arms in the NFL. And that's why he needs everything perfect around him and that also explains why he doesn't perform well when pressured.
Lol. Yet. Hes top 3 at QB rating and TD to int when being blitzed. Do you do any research before making ridiculous claims?

You also again must have not watched the Steelers game in his first season. The moment Romo knew his career in Dallas was done when he hit Dez on a 50 yard bomb after stepping up into the pocket for a TD.

Y’all need to stop with arm strength like it’s the be all end all of a QB being successful. It’s not. Stop bringing up these stupid competitions. Dak also beat Herbert this summer in something similar. You wanna say Dak is better than Herbert? I don’t.

Josh Rosen had a strong arm. Where is he now?

Dak also at one point was one of the best passers in the NFL when on the move. Lol your entire argument is a joke.

Go watch the 3rd and 30 play this past season. Or his game against Tampa in 2021.

Regardless of all of what i just said. If Dak doesn’t protect the ball again this season, holds the ball too long, or doesn’t learn to simply throw it away, it’s going to be another long season. His problem with mechanics and happy feet has gotten better almost yearly but it’s what’s between his ears that worries me most. He has a lot to work on, and personally I wish they didn’t restructure him and we could start fresh next year.

With that being said, you can bash Dak for actual issues he has, you don’t need to make one’s up, there’s enough actual reasons to bash him.

Last edited:

Shane612

Reaction score
And what exactly is a franchise quarterback lol. If Prescott is a franchise quarterback, then franchise quarterback is such a broad range that half the league has one lol
Someone who is paid like a franchise QB, is the only logic...lol
Some here believe that since Dak is no longer one of the highest paid QB, he doesn't have to perform like an elite QB.
In fact, I got suspended for a few days for questioning that belief.
:laugh:

rambo2

Reaction score
I would rather us have totally tanked this year and go for number one overall in 24… that would give us real hope in 2025+… but now, let’s just watch the same thing happen this year that always happens… We will be good to very good, but will win nothing… Because our QB is average at best.
That's ridiculous.