I've been waiting since Sept 1979 - Wonder Woman

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's hard asking for something like this without phrasing it as a spoiler :D but I'm waiting for your opinion about her flying ability after both the final fight and epilogue (just before the ending credits roll) scenes. For me, there's still no hard confirmation. If anything, I think anyone would be well-pressed claiming that her jumping ability isn't EXTREMELY impressive. :p

Lol

Going to see it today 2:30pm

I'll holla at ya later! Yo!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's hard asking for something like this without phrasing it as a spoiler :D but I'm waiting for your opinion about her flying ability after both the final fight and epilogue (just before the ending credits roll) scenes. For me, there's still no hard confirmation. If anything, I think anyone would be well-pressed claiming that her jumping ability isn't EXTREMELY impressive. :p

I saw a character that in her first movie was growing, learning, evolving and maturing. That is my answer to bolder part of your post. I thought it was done perfectly. Now, I saw that without adhering to comics like you do. For me, I allowed for directorial/cinematic license and I think it was done perfectly.

They may stay with her flying... learning to fly more ... but until I DONT see some sort of invisible craft... I am going with THERE WILL BE ONE,

Ok... now on to my breakdown.

Gal Gadot was perfectly cast. I see what they saw when they cast her!

1. The beginning - the fit a lot into a small space and it worked really well. The aunt was great (Claire Underood) ;-)

2. The homage to the glasses and then dispensing with them. Done very well.

3. Her maturation was paced nicely.

4. Her introduction of real power on the "no mans land" wall. Powerful. Loved it. (Her epic theme should have been placed differently but not enough to take points away.

5. The tie to BvS was done very well. It opened the story telling from end of BvS and it ended there too.

A few things were predictable but I didn't care ;-)

Nothing felt squeezed in.

I have more bullet points.... gonna see it again.

"Wonder Woman.... the whole world is waiting for you..... and the power you possess"

I give it: 9.5 out of 10

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They may stay with her flying... learning to fly more ... but until I DONT see some sort of invisible craft... I am going with THERE WILL BE ONE,
Stubborn to the end. I gotta respect that. However, I'm not thoroughly convinced they displayed that ability for her.

Her 'relative' was definitely flying during their climactic fight. It seems logical that she should be able to fly as well but there was only one instance that may have shown her flying during their fight. Her opponent elevates a huge slab of pavement that she flies/leaps above, Wonder Woman attacks her opponent from a distance and then lands back on her feet, with her right knee bending to touch the ground as she does. It appeared to me as the scene was done in partial slow motion so I'm not totally convinced it was a flying scene but rather a huge perfectly timed leap.

The epilogue scene over the city SHOULD make me think she can fly but I have never seen a character, in the movies or in books, hold their body in that particular stance while flying. She looks like she's holding herself defensively (maybe to keep bugs from hitting her in the face maybe :p ). It made me immediately consider 'Is she actually flying or was that a extra-humanly powerful leap like The Hulk's?' I'm not totally convinced and that bugs the heck out of me.

I hope I'm worrying over nothing. My opinion would completely differ from yours about the invisible plane if she can fly. The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice scene of her flying out of Metropolis on a commercial flight, and the fact that no one in the world presently (or in the past) knows who she really is or what she can do, indicates to me her character keeps a very low profile publicly. That strategy would include not being observed flying.

I haven't totally dispelled the possibility of an invisible jet though. Maybe Wayne Enterprises invents one for her? Perhaps a stealth like jet so that she can get around the world more quickly? I can see that happening. It would be the sort of thing Bruce Wayne would do. Plus her character firmly established she soaks in as much knowledge as possible so it would not surprise me that she already knows how to fly a plane after living a century in man's world. Yeah I can see that happening but so help me I will go on a RAMPAGE if Bruce outfits that jet with invisible controls! :mad::)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Stubborn to the end. I gotta respect that. However, I'm not thoroughly convinced they displayed that ability for her.

Her 'relative' was definitely flying during their climactic fight. It seems logical that she should be able to fly as well but there was only one instance that may have shown her flying during their fight. Her opponent elevates a huge slab of pavement that she flies/leaps above, Wonder Woman attacks her opponent from a distance and then lands back on her feet, with her right knee bending to touch the ground as she does. It appeared to me as the scene was done in partial slow motion so I'm not totally convinced it was a flying scene but rather a huge perfectly timed leap.

The epilogue scene over the city SHOULD make me think she can fly but I have never seen a character, in the movies or in books, hold their body in that particular stance while flying. She looks like she's holding herself defensively (maybe to keep bugs from hitting her in the face maybe :p ). It made me immediately consider 'Is she actually flying or was that a extra-humanly powerful leap like The Hulk's?' I'm not totally convinced and that bugs the heck out of me.

I hope I'm worrying over nothing. My opinion would completely differ from yours about the invisible plane if she can fly. The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice scene of her flying out of Metropolis on a commercial flight, and the fact that no one in the world presently (or in the past) knows who she really is or what she can do, indicates to me her character keeps a very low profile publicly. That strategy would include not being observed flying.

I haven't totally dispelled the possibility of an invisible jet though. Maybe Wayne Enterprises invents one for her? Perhaps a stealth like jet so that she can get around the world more quickly? I can see that happening. It would be the sort of thing Bruce Wayne would do. Plus her character firmly established she soaks in as much knowledge as possible so it would not surprise me that she already knows how to fly a plane after living a century in man's world. Yeah I can see that happening but so help me I will go on a RAMPAGE if Bruce outfits that jet with invisible controls! :mad::)

Haha ... I wouldn't use that word "stubborn" ... but I'll take it lol

Yes, you are correct. It was huge jumps, sprint like darting moves in the air... not "fying"... she may get there.

I think that would be awesome if Wayne enterprises creates a jet that is fully visible when looking a controls (step away from the ledge) lol

But the exterior technology bends/ refracts light so as to be invisible.
Wasn't that how the explained "parsfise island" not being seen?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha ... I wouldn't use that word "stubborn" ... but I'll take it lol

Yes, you are correct. It was huge jumps, sprint like darting moves in the air... not "fying"... she may get there.

I think that would be awesome if Wayne enterprises creates a jet that is fully visible when looking a controls (step away from the ledge) lol

But the exterior technology bends/ refracts light so as to be invisible.
Wasn't that how the explained "parsfise island" not being seen?
Zeus shrouded the island in a mist. From the outside, it's normal until you began passing through the mist layer, which I would guess is quite thick (perhaps a half-mile or greater..?). From the inside, observers see a normal view about a half-mile from the island shore until something penetrated the barrier.

In my opinion, the island itself exists outside Earth's dimensional reality with the mist layer serving as a two-way gateway. A stealth jet's technology would refract light, rendering the vehicle 'invisible.' However, the plane itself would still exist within Earth's dimension. I wouldn't compare the island's and jet's invisibility as the same for this reason.

cml750

Reaction score
Just went to see it. Simply a great movie. I give it a 9 /10! Easily the best DC movie since The Dark Knight which is proof positive Snyder is single handily screwing up the DC universe.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Just went to see it. Simply a great movie. I give it a 9 /10! Easily the best DC movie since The Dark Knight which is proof positive Snyder is single handily screwing up the DC universe.

Snyder is listed as one of the writers of the story. He is also one of the producers of the film.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
image.png

Wonder Woman throws up the X
Go cowboys!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Zeus shrouded the island in a mist. From the outside, it's normal until you began passing through the mist layer, which I would guess is quite thick (perhaps a half-mile or greater..?). From the inside, observers see a normal view about a half-mile from the island shore until something penetrated the barrier.

In my opinion, the island itself exists outside Earth's dimensional reality with the mist layer serving as a two-way gateway. A stealth jet's technology would refract light, rendering the vehicle 'invisible.' However, the plane itself would still exist within Earth's dimension. I wouldn't compare the island's and jet's invisibility as the same for this reason.

Understood.

But what's this?

Vincent Terrace - 2017 - ‎Performing Arts
Home: Paradise Island (named by Hippolyta, as its women live “in peace and sisterhood,” and it is “free of men and their barbaric ways”). It is located in the Bermuda Triangle (protected by the refraction light) and ...

"The Feminum Mystique " Part 2 Season 1 | Facebook
Facebook › media › set
She explains that Paradise Island is not charted due to a phenomenon related to light's refraction that keeps it safe from ...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood.

But what's this?

Vincent Terrace - 2017 - ‎Performing Arts
Home: Paradise Island (named by Hippolyta, as its women live “in peace and sisterhood,” and it is “free of men and their barbaric ways”). It is located in the Bermuda Triangle (protected by the refraction light) and ...

"The Feminum Mystique " Part 2 Season 1 | Facebook
Facebook › media › set
She explains that Paradise Island is not charted due to a phenomenon related to light's refraction that keeps it safe from ...
You're making my comic book brain hurt. :p

You ask what's this? You posted two references to the 1970's television show. I thought we were discussing the 2017 movie..? :)

Two things. First, your two references about light refraction are correct for the 1970's show. Good find. You should also note that the 1970's show and even the comics in that era place the island in the Bermuda Triangle.

Let's go back to the movie. Steve located Dr. Poison's base in Turkey. Let's apply the 1970's show to the 2017 movie in the same way as your two references. Steve escaped the Germans chasing after him in his World War I era plane, flew nearly 6,000 miles and crashed (luckily) off the island's shore. I don't like linking the television show from nearly 40 years ago with the movie. There are differences, like, secondly...

...the deep mists in the movie that surround and shroud the island. Now, let me be honest. Water refracts light. Mist is composed of water. Technically, that would mean the island is invisible from the outside looking in due to refracted light. However, I'm motivated to ask are we talking about the same thing? The Germans chasing Steve were surprised by the sudden appearance of the mists--implying the mists appeared out of nowhere. It was only after the Steve and the Germans passed through the mists that they saw the island.

To me, the mists are not bending light to hide the island. The mists are blocking light. Outside observers see the mists around the island in the same sense as if a dome covered the island. Questions. If this was a case of refracted light creating true invisibility, would an outside observer see anything surrounding the island? Or would the outside observer see nothing at all--since light would, in that case, be bending around the island?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You're making my comic book brain hurt. :p

You ask what's this? You posted two references to the 1970's television show. I thought we were discussing the 2017 movie..? :)

Two things. First, your two references about light refraction are correct for the 1970's show. Good find. You should also note that the 1970's show and even the comics in that era place the island in the Bermuda Triangle.

Let's go back to the movie. Steve located Dr. Poison's base in Turkey. Let's apply the 1970's show to the 2017 movie in the same way as your two references. Steve escaped the Germans chasing after him in his World War I era plane, flew nearly 6,000 miles and crashed (luckily) off the island's shore. I don't like linking the television show from nearly 40 years ago with the movie. There are differences, like, secondly...

...the deep mists in the movie that surround and shroud the island. Now, let me be honest. Water refracts light. Mist is composed of water. Technically, that would mean the island is invisible from the outside looking in due to refracted light. However, I'm motivated to ask are we talking about the same thing? The Germans chasing Steve were surprised by the sudden appearance of the mists--implying the mists appeared out of nowhere. It was only after the Steve and the Germans passed through the mists that they saw the island.

To me, the mists are not bending light to hide the island. The mists are blocking light. Outside observers see the mists around the island in the same sense as if a dome covered the island. Questions. If this was a case of refracted light creating true invisibility, would an outside observer see anything surrounding the island? Or would the outside observer see nothing at all--since light would, in that case, be bending around the island?

I only asked about the "concept" of hiding the island. Lol

Never said tv or movie. I linked the tv show cause I remembered that "concept"

And.... I never said the mists are bending the light. :p

You alright Spider!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I only asked about the "concept" of hiding the island. Lol

Never said tv or movie. I linked the tv show cause I remembered that "concept"

And.... I never said the mists are bending the light. :p

You alright Spider!
Okey dokey. I'm gonna take two aspirin and forget the two television links. :thumbup:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time for a mini-rant after reading a Academy member's comments following her screening of Wonder Woman:

"This movie is so hyped and the reviews are so good, of course members are going to turn out," wrote a female member of the producers branch, acknowledging that there was "not a seat empty." She continued, "I don't like these movies — I don't even go to them, usually, because I'm bored by them. Where are the comedies? I want to be entertained and laugh and not be bombarded by stupid action sequences. Even though the action sequences are a little different than usual, they're not original — there's crashing and fighting and flying and killing. Doesn't anybody remember Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? This felt the same. Also, I was a big fan of Boardwalk Empire and Jack Huston, who wore the half-mask on the show, and that's what the villain wears here, so that's not original either! Everyone's saying the film is fresh, but I think they're being blinded by the female-empowerment thing — it's really not, and that's irritating. I thought the origin story was pretty lame and I really thought, 'Oh, we're in trouble' — and then we get to her saving his life, and that's when it picks up. As soon as they wear their city clothes, it's better, to me — they're a handsome couple and that was my favorite thing. I give it a B+." She added, in reference to the Oscars, "If I were a betting woman, I wouldn't bet on it. We have yet to see all the movies in the fall, and by that time people will not remember this so much. So I would be surprised."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...eaks-best-picture-contention-analysis-1010042

This mentality is my pet peeve with some movie award voters and some paid movie critics in general. It's perfectly reasonable that some people are more entertained by certain genres than others. What's not reasonable is when personal preference for certain genres slants opinion about the quality of movies that aren't necessarily that someone's cup of tea.

A good movie is a good movie. A bad movie is a bad movie. A so-so movie is only so-so. It shouldn't matter what type a movie may be but movies aren't always judged fairly. This Academy member thought the action sequences in Wonder Woman were stupid. That's not a singular sentiment but it's not accurate in my opinion. This character's name is WONDER Woman. What she does in the movie is WONDEROUS. I would like to ask this person what action sequences in the film involving the character did not appear WONDEROUS to her.

Then she compounded the nonsense with the slam on Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. What the <expletive>?

She is right about films down the road, hitting theaters around New Year's or even later, are the ones that land award nominations usually. What grinds my gears is that her opinion and some of her fellow members' opinions may be pre-colored by personal indifference to 'stupid action sequence movies', etc. How can films have a legitimate shot at award accolades if the people who vote for the awards don't like what they see before they even see the movies? Idiotic.

/rant