Video: Jaylon Smith at practice yesterday

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Watch how he is kicking his feet up and back. He is trying not to plant and cut.

33ubn5u.png

Trying not to plant and cut huh?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
There is definitely something off. He's definitely favoring one leg. With that being said he still looks explosive. The question is can he play with that limp?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
They're skeptical by nature, IMO. They don't get to interview Dr. Cooper, or even see Jaylon practice yet, so they are just guessing right now. I think most people will be skeptical as long as the drop foot persists until they see something different in training camp/the preseason.
the only get to see 1 pratice a week

Jkyle

Reaction score
Yes, Robert Edwards a former RB had it.
Edwards is a good example.
He was just a shell of himself after the injury.
He never got back to the level he was when he won Rookie of the Year.
I'm afraid that Jaylon will face the same problem.

CashMan

Reaction score
Again, I watched it, I have no idea what you are talking about. He is planting and cutting btw.
First 5 seconds, he is hop skipping and jumping around. Seems like he is not trying to put stress on his knee.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
First 5 seconds, he is hop skipping and jumping around. Seems like he is not trying to put stress on his knee.

What on earth are you talking about? He is supposed to move laterally in the drill as he doesand he gets tripped up when the guy with the pad drops it to the ground after he hits it. That shows balance and not a bad knee.

You are obviously looking for something and trying to wish it into existence.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Edwards is a good example.
He was just a shell of himself after the injury.
He never got back to the level he was when he won Rookie of the Year.
I'm afraid that Jaylon will face the same problem.
No he isn't, Edwards shredded his knee to the point they almost had to amputate and missed 3 nfl seasons. He still came back and averaged 5.4 a carry on only 20 carries for his 2nd team (Dolphins) He then had two 1,100 yard seasons in the cfl.

Jkyle

Reaction score
No he isn't, Edwards shredded his knee to the point they almost had to amputate and missed 3 nfl seasons. He still came back and averaged 5.4 a carry on only 20 carries for his 2nd team (Dolphins) He then had two 1,100 yard seasons in the cfl.
He is an example that a player can play but not to the previous level.
That's the big unknown with JS. It's fairly obvious that he won't be able to regain his pre-injury status. How far from his previous abilities will his performance be is the big question.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He is an example that a player can play but not to the previous level.
That's the big unknown with JS. It's fairly obvious that he won't be able to regain his pre-injury status. How far from his previous abilities will his performance be is the big question.
Edwards had a much more severe injury and was out of football for a much longer period. He's a worst case scenario. Jaylon's nerve is already regenerating, something that took much longer for Edwards. Edwards knee was also damaged to a much greater degree which may have been the greater reason for his shortened career. Edwards injury was also 20 years ago. Great strides have been made medically both with knees and what doctors know about nerve damage.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Drew Davison‏Verified account @drewdavison Jun 7

Jason Garrett said Jaylon Smith will practice in limited role today. Says: "He hasn't had a bad minute, let alone a bad day."

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about? He is supposed to move laterally in the drill as he doesand he gets tripped up when the guy with the pad drops it to the ground after he hits it. That shows balance and not a bad knee.

You are obviously looking for something and trying to wish it into existence.
I understand your optimism but he is limited for a reason. There is definitely a limp of some sort. Hopefully he gets back 100%.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I understand your optimism but he is limited for a reason. There is definitely a limp of some sort. Hopefully he gets back 100%.
The reason, is for a full and controlled return to full intensity at professional levels...you know - conditioning 'rocket science.'