Jerry: Dak had his best game of the season

pitt33

Reaction score
This is a patently false statement. Just flat out wrong.

Dak’s completion percentage is #8 *all time*. In the history of the NFL.

I just don’t understand this echo chamber “read it in someone’s post so I’ll repeat it forever” pattern when it comes to this one particular stat.

Troy, who we often talk about as being and accurate QB and one who, himself often talks about the importance of accuracy, is #52

I don’t care if you’re a Dak fan or not, let’s at least try to make sensible and truthful comments whether they are positive or negative.
There’s no “echo” chamber here.

Prescott is a much more accurate passer on the move than in the pocket. I don’t think one would deny that. But you can’t mention Aikman and Dak when it comes to accuracy. I don’t care what the statistics say. I and everyone else who saw Aikman play know there is no comparison between the two.

Prescott gets in his own way when it really counts.

Aikman was one of the absolute best when the lights shone the brightest.

This has nothing to do with whether one “likes or hates” Prescott. It’s about getting the job done when the ball is in your hands on every offensive possession.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Prescott is a much more accurate passer on the move than in the pocket. I don’t think one would deny that. But you can’t mention Aikman and Dak when it comes to accuracy. I don’t care what the statistics say. I and everyone else who saw Aikman play know there is no comparison between the two.

This has nothing to do with whether one “likes or hates” Prescott. It’s about getting the job done when the ball is in your hands on every offensive possession.
The comment I was responding to specifically said Dak is not an accurate passer.

Reality says otherwise.

I don’t know where all this “we all know” stuff comes from or the fact that Troy was a much better player than Dak (duh), but let’s at least make our arguments less emotional and less “feely” when we can.

Dak is less than 1% off the all time NFL leader Brees).

That’s fact. Not opinion.

You want to say that it feels like he’s inaccurate when it counts, there could well be a stat that supports that. Go find it.

Until then, we go with what we got.

Love him or hate him, he’s one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. Does that necessarily mean greatness? Nope, definitely not, but the comment wasn’t about QB Greatness or super bowls or even winning

It was just about accuracy

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

Reactions: CWR

Nav22

Reaction score
And 14th in passer rating and 20 in TD so your point is. his QBR against LAC was 58 with 50 being average. Dak and Baker neck and neck, so I guess by your logic Baker and Dak are interchangeable. LOL. You’re just trolling with threads like these just admit it. I now blah blah blah said he’s top 10 couple years ago but evidence to this point says they are wrong, of course those rankings contributors are never named. Let’s wait till January and see that magical top 10 QB performance.
LOLLLLLL!!!

I'll hold your hand through this. It'll be okay.

Efficiency and VOLUME are different. Efficiency measures effectiveness. Volume depends on game flow.

Dak is 7th in the NFL in QBR. That's efficiency. That is a fact.

NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs all voted Dak as a top 10 QB THIS PAST OFFSEASON, not "years ago" (NICE TRY LMAO!). That is a fact.

My opinion doesn't matter and neither does yours. NFL personnel AND the efficiency stats say Dak is a top 10 QB.

You can keep crying about that if you'd like to. Dak has us at 4-2 after outplaying Herbert Monday night. Sucks for you!!!

I'm so sorry that you've been curbstomped by reality yet again.

This isn't going well for you.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
Glad to see mom let you on the computer again. Still boasting about that 58 QBR. Did mom pick out those emoji’s for you. Go finish your homework and try harder at that then what you post here.
*Than

I learned the difference between "then" and "than" when I was around 10 years old.

Best of luck with 3rd grade!!!

This isn't going well for you, Billy Madison.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
LOLLLLLL!!!

I'll hold your hand through this. It'll be okay.

Efficiency and VOLUME are different. Efficiency measures effectiveness. Volume depends on game flow.

Dak is 7th in the NFL in QBR. That's efficiency. That is a fact.

NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs all voted Dak as a top 10 QB THIS PAST OFFSEASON, not "years ago" (NICE TRY LMAO!). That is a fact.

My opinion doesn't matter and neither does yours. NFL personnel AND the efficiency stats say Dak is a top 10 QB.

You can keeo crying about that if you'd like to. Dak has us at 4-2 after outplaying Herbert Monday night. Sucks for you!!!

I'm so sorry that you've been curbstomped by reality yet again.

This isn't going well for you.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
You will disappear at the end of the season after another Dak choke job and come back after a few months when the little tears are dried and mom changed the sheets. Fact is Dak is a choker but your crush on him keeps you blind to his shortcomings.

Brax

Reaction score
*Than

I learned the difference between "then" and "than" when I was around 10 years old.

Best of luck with 3rd grade!!!

This isn't going well for you, Billy Madison.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
I’ve corrected your typos and the only one it doesn’t go well for is you as usual.

Nav22

Reaction score
You will disappear at the end of the season after another Dak choke job and come back after a few months when the little tears are dried and mom changed the sheets. Fact is Dak is a choker but your crush on him keeps you blind to his shortcomings.
I think Dak's a top 10 QB. Good, not great or elite.

NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs agree with me.

Efficiency stats confirm what we've all been seeing.

LMAO, would all top 10 QBs beat the best team in football (SF)??? That's how you think football works???

How are you doing with "then" vs "than"? There will be a quiz later, Billy Madison!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
I’ve corrected your typos and the only one it doesn’t go well for is you as usual.
LMAAAOOOOOOO

1) No, you haven't.

2) That was no typo. Not knowing when to use "then" vs "than" is not a typo.

Nice try, Billy!!!!!!!

See what happens when you pick a fight with someone WAY smarter than you?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Jerry is nearly always wrong. Always. I give him credit for being close this time. Week 1 was Dak’s best game. He was solid vs LA though.

Brax

Reaction score
LMAAAOOOOOOO

1) No, you haven't.

2) That was no typo. Not knowing when to use "then" vs "than" is not a typo.

Nice try, Billy!!!!!!!

See what happens when you pick a fight with someone WAY smarter than you?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Thanks Little brain, but I have corrected your typos and misspelled words mom didn’t help you with on occasion I’m just not a *** about it, but it’s par for the course for you, you’re always a ***.

pitt33

Reaction score
The comment I was responding to specifically said Dak is not an accurate passer.

Reality says otherwise.

I don’t know where all this “we all know” stuff comes from or the fact that Troy was a much better player than Dak (duh), but let’s at least make our arguments less emotional and less “feely” when we can.

Dak is less than 1% off the all time NFL leader Brees).

That’s fact. Not opinion.

You want to say that it feels like he’s inaccurate when it counts, there could well be a stat that supports that. Go find it.

Until then, we go with what we got.

Love him or hate him, he’s one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. Does that necessarily mean greatness? Nope, definitely not, but the comment wasn’t about QB Greatness or super bowls or even winning

It was just about accuracy

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm
The statistical reference you linked is completion %. Accuracy is not necessarily tied to that. Accuracy is hitting receivers in stride. On the numbers and within a window where the receiver doesn’t have to reach back…or contort his body just to catch it.

And the rules have changed the game drastically to allow for more open receivers. Receivers used to get held on EVERY play before the rule change. Can’t touch them after five yards. Been that way for years now.

Nav22

Reaction score
Thanks Little brain, but I have corrected your typos and misspelled words mom didn’t help you with on occasion I’m just not a *** about it, but it’s par for the course for you, you’re always a ***.
1) "I've corrected your typos before!" - Lie

2) "It was a typo, of course I know the difference between then and than!" - Lie

Instant classic!

Shamed you SO THOROUGHLY about your double-digit IQ and lack of an education that you had to resort to TWO blatant lies in response LMAOOOO!!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2::lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
95% are out on Dak, Jerry.

We don't care about your investment.
Fight the neverending fight. Jones has 100% of the power. That 95% you mention has squat.

My question is where were the 95% in 2016? Oh wait. They were intoxicated on team chemistry euphoria.

The realistic approach is conceding Jones holds all the cards. No amount of wishing AT him will make any difference whatsoever.

Adreme

Reaction score

Ah the classic, "it is true because I think it is" argument. It is probably the weakest argument of all. If you cannot point to a single measurable reason why something is true, then it probably is not true. If every single measurable thing says one side of an argument and your counter is "my non expert eyes saw something else" then that is basically the weakest argument you can make. Our eyes are not objective. Our brain is not objective. It is selective so we believe things to be true and often favor things in our mind that make that look true. This is not just you, it is every person that lives and has lived because it is how the mind works. Therefore relying on memory is a poor way to judge something. Relying on the data is a way to try and counter those natural biases that we have.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Best game of the season and missed 4 wide open guys
Probably get caned for this.. but oh well.. lol

I think ALL QB's are overly criticised by us the fans.

When we are sitting on our couches.. of course we can see guys wide open.. great camera angles help ... down on the field its not quite as easy.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I really can’t put too much stock into it. LAC’s defense is middle of the pack to worse.

Nav22

Reaction score
I really can’t put too much stock into it. LAC’s defense is middle of the pack to worse.
Zero run game and Dak had poor pass protection all night. He still played very well and we got the W.