Jerry Jones believes Cowboys can compete with high-scoring teams like the Rams and Chiefs

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If our D can keep the score down and these team are going to give up turnovers like they did last night, maybe.

I like our match-up against KC more than LAR.

Fire407

Reaction score
What's he supposed to say? 'No I don't think we have a chance, we'd get blown out'?
What has the owner of the Vikings said? Or the Panthers? Or the Falcons? Nothing as far as we know. Why say anything that can backfire and make you look like an idiot later. If we beat the Saints, then be pleasantly surprised and then perhaps point to the reasons that you think it happened. Projecting to the media is what makes Jerry seem disconnected.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So here is a What If?

So Dallas wins enough to take the division. Which means they are playing some good football. Getting hot at the right time. Which means they are not as bad as many of their own hating fans think they are.

So
Dallas beats Washington.
Then they beat that high powered NO team, will any of these naysayers change their tune, that it is possible they could compete with LA or KC or any other team?

I know what some of the answers and comments will be. So would you change your tune?

Little Jr

Reaction score
Can we? Sure. Will we? I doubt it. 3 things would have to happen for us to compete.

1. We would have to run the ball. I have 100% confidence that we can but not 100% confidence that our HC and OC would stick with it.

2. Play great defense. I have 100% confidence that we would do that.

3. We would have to score when given the opportunities and score TDs instead of kicking FGs. I don't have any confidence that our coaching would put us in the right play's to do that and I have very little confidence that our player's would execute the play, even if was the right call, on a consistent basis.

We dont have to be KC, Rams or saints on offense to compete with those teams but we have to be better than what we have been.

Little Jr

Reaction score
How about just shutting up?
Been saying that for years. How many owner's or gms have weekly interviews on local radio? I'm going to guess very few, if any. How many head of football operations or what ever the hell SJ title is, have weekly interviews on local radio? Im going to guess none .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has a much better defense then either one of those teams and we will chew clock with Zeke.

Unless we turn the ball over it's just common sense we aren't getting blown out.

Our pass rush is more then good enough. It's been good all year.

It's the mobile QB's on 3rd downs that have been the weakness for this defense.
I do not agree that Dallas has a better pass rush and chewing clock without scoring enough points is self-defeating.

I do agree that Dallas has the RB to attempt to chew clock but not the QB to make them pay when they stop him. Except for CAR, LAR and NO have better defenses than any we've faced and CHI has a better O and D than the Cowboys.

Catchy, name the one elite skill position player on the Cowboys. This is no longer a RB driven league. The Rams have the best one in the game and didn't feature him last night to try and chew clock and keep KC's offense off the field.

We'll find out soon but the Cowboys try that chew clock and ball control strategy with the Saints and they'll be out of the game by the middle of the 2Q.

Booger is an idiot thinking his type of offense would slow them down. If the Rams, Saints or even Bears want to play that game, they can as well as the Cowboys but they don't have to because of the QB's. The game has changed. The Cowboys are trying to run a train down the runway.