CFZ Jerry Jones must trade for Derrick Henry

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I gotta tell you your posts make no sense if you think we should go now get a aging running back with a big contract after everyone wanted to get rid of zeke it makes no sense whatsoever I know Henry's good but I'd rather have a guy like deonte foreman or someone a little younger because it's gonna cost us left in the draft capital and probably have them here a little longer because Derek Henry's slowing down he's older he's an injury away from missing the rest of the season or four or five games and I'm all making some improvements but Derrick Henry's not the answer... And I'm gonna say it again he will cost too much in draft capital and his money against the cap is too much for his age..

There's probably some other options out there like I said it'd be nice if some of these teams were actually willing to give up these guys somehow like we see the Titans did for the Eagles yeah I don't know the specifics of that contract because I don't even know who that safety is I mean I've heard his name before but I believe he's probably not that big a deal not for a fifth and sixth round draft pick..

But how about come up with some scenarios that would actually help our team and not just for 11 games it's gonna hurt the cap... There's gotta be another player out there the Cowboys can go after that still has some juice like deonte Forman was somebody mentioned him in here yes he he would be a very good addition to this team...

But most of these we need to trade for post they're not realistic they're not you're not talking about the actual significance of their contracts and the draft capital we can use that second round draft pick for a really good running back next year and I believe if they just fixed the offensive line issues the scheme issues and the play calling issues like use Tony Pollard differently i think that we'll be fine but what we have right now...

If not Derrick Henry, then I'd like to see us get the Broncos back. The premise of my post is that I think the running game is the one major glaring weakness that I see on offense. I think Pollard is a good back, but you can't run him like he's Ezekiel Elliott or Demarco Murray. He's not that. What I'm talking about is making a move for a back line a Derrick Henry or the Broncos back that just torched Green Bay (i think his name is Williams) to be a back that fits what this oline typically has blocked for when it comes to middle running. I get what you're saying about DH, but surely you can see where I'm coming from.

visionary

Reaction score
How can you say that?

It’s not that he’s a battering RB he’s a playmaker that can impose his will.

Do you just hyper focus on the Cowboys or do you also see the Eagles losing the Jets, the Lions getting destroyed by Baltimore, and San Fran losing back to back to a PJ Walker lead Browns and the Vikings.

Absolutely the Cowboys are a player like Henry away. To say otherwise is delusional and just pessimistic just to be pessimistic.
It would also make Pollard more effective

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, if they cut him midseason, we should snap him up. Either way, we need him or the Broncos back. We need someone who can give us a rushing weapon to compliment what we are trying to do on offense.
They aren't going to cut him. lol. They may trade him at whatever point they feel the season is lost, but it would make no sense to give him away with no return

Creeper

Reaction score
After re-watching the Chargers game I don't think Henry, Herschel, Barry Sanders, or Jim Brown would make a difference. The offensive line, and TEs are simply not doing a good enough job blocking up front. If they block, Pollard will be fine. He can still run and he still has moves enough to make yards. He gets caught behind the line too much and there are not holes to exploit. Henry might push the pile an extra yard, but he will not see and break-away runs with Dallas the way the line is playing.

I'd rather see them go get a star CB or DT. But my guess is there isn't one to be had without giving up a lot of draft capital.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
After re-watching the Chargers game I don't think Henry, Herschel, Barry Sanders, or Jim Brown would make a difference. The offensive line, and TEs are simply not doing a good enough job blocking up front. If they block, Pollard will be fine. He can still run and he still has moves enough to make yards. He gets caught behind the line too much and there are not holes to exploit. Henry might push the pile an extra yard, but he will not see and break-away runs with Dallas the way the line is playing.

I'd rather see them go get a star CB or DT. But my guess is there isn't one to be had without giving up a lot of draft capital.

I mean, I understand that our oline coach has been coaching since Tom Landry, but I wonder if it's because they're being asked to block for a back set that they haven't had to do consistently before we let go of Zeke. I would hate to season go to waste and see Philly win if we have a way to give ourselves a fighting chance to compete in January.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don’t know about this draft though. You can get a corner, running back and left tackle starters easily with the first 3 picks in the 24 draft.

I understand that, but do we waste this season for a second round pick when we might be able to use it for a player that can give us a fighting chance in the playoffs?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't care, just buy the gear and be happy.

I think if he doesn't make some sort of move, then that's the clear conclusion. We're enough team to make it to the playoffs and maybe win a game. But, we have a glaring need that needs to be filled if we are to have a chance to go deeper.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If not Derrick Henry, then I'd like to see us get the Broncos back. The premise of my post is that I think the running game is the one major glaring weakness that I see on offense. I think Pollard is a good back, but you can't run him like he's Ezekiel Elliott or Demarco Murray. He's not that. What I'm talking about is making a move for a back line a Derrick Henry or the Broncos back that just torched Green Bay (i think his name is Williams) to be a back that fits what this oline typically has blocked for when it comes to middle running. I get what you're saying about DH, but surely you can see where I'm coming from.
Well like I said I think entertaining a stronger running back that can take the place of what Tony pollard's been doing so Tony Pollard can go back to what he was doing most of last year but this isn't a new problem... I always have to remind you guys of this let's not have selective memory Tony Pollard did not finish the season strong 3.8 yards per carry 51 yards per game no touchdowns no explosive plays his overuse is taking away what makes him special you're paying a guy $10 million now to do what I believe if we don't get another running back here we need to rely more on Rico dowdle Malik Davis and hunter on obvious run plays a lot more to stay in on blocking doing The Dirty work in short yardage and let Tony be Tony

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well like I said I think entertaining a stronger running back that can take the place of what Tony pollard's been doing so Tony Pollard can go back to what he was doing most of last year but this isn't a new problem... I always have to remind you guys of this let's not have selective memory Tony Pollard did not finish the season strong 3.8 yards per carry 51 yards per game no touchdowns no explosive plays his overuse is taking away what makes him special you're paying a guy $10 million now to do what I believe if we don't get another running back here we need to rely more on Rico dowdle Malik Davis and hunter on obvious run plays a lot more to stay in on blocking doing The Dirty work in short yardage and let Tony be Tony

And I was wanting a RB in one of the first three or four rounds last year. I think it was clear that this team didn't have a replacement for Zeke on the roster that can fit what our oline needs. Pollard isn't a lead back. He's a very good back, but he's not your run up the middle consistently type. Unfortunately, we are where we are, and we have a team that should be able to compete. The way I see it, Jerry has two choices. Either stand Pat and let this season come to its predictable end while our fanbase quarrels among itself over a potentially shiny new toy that has no guarantee of working, or he can take a chance on a player that can fill one of the biggest weaknesses that the Cowboys have to at least try to compete with SFO, Philly, and KC. Thus, I wrote this thread because I want option 2. I want to see that he actually cares and is willing to at least try to put this team over the hump. I won't attack Jerry if the trade fails because he at least tried and took a good chance. I will, however, criticise him loudly if he stands pat and this season goes the way I think we all know it will go.

MS17

Reaction score
I think if he doesn't make some sort of move, then that's the clear conclusion. We're enough team to make it to the playoffs and maybe win a game. But, we have a glaring need that needs to be filled if we are to have a chance to go deeper.
Jerry might remember the last time the Cowboys brought in an SEC star, Heisman winner, downhill runner with size. Herschel Walker in 1986 comes to mind.
The team didnt have to trade draft choices for the move, though. And that turned out fairly well, we recall, if for no other reason than the celebrated blockbuster trade to Minnesota in '89.
A trade with the Titans is plausible, but if Jerruh sends more than 2nd round picks and starters to Tennessee for Henry, Stephen and Charlotte should finally take his car keys and have him committed.