Jerry Jones: No urgency to get contract done with Lamb

RoboQB

Reaction score
First, it was Dez Bryant.
Then, Amari Cooper.
Could CeeDee Lamb be the next WR that Dak went to
Jerry's office to get removed? "Allegidly".

NotForLong

Reaction score
That’s kind of how things are going now. They don’t want to pay a QB 60M, a WR 35M. Now Parson or a dominant DE, I believe he’s worth 35M. Just because it’s your QB or your starter doesn’t mean they should set the highest contract. Drafting a QB can save you about 50M and a WR 30M. You could give 8 guys 10M a year and probably have a better team.
It takes a WR 3 years to come into their own. They can't let him go

plymkr

Reaction score
1 - Jerry didn't fire the HC or make big staff changes on his own. He also didn't do anything in the offseason to fix the issues on the roster. In fact, he did less in FA than he has ever done. But where he is gonna draw the line, take out his anger from the GB game and change the direction of the franchise post-GB is to pick a contract fight with arguably his 1st or 2nd best player? LOL, if that's what he is doing, this franchise is sooooooooooooooooooooo ********* screwed.

2 - Doubt it. Dak and Lamb have had zero issues and apparently Dak and Lamb have been on contact during Lamb's hold out.

3 - If Jerry is blowing up the team, then this is a monumentally stupid way to do it.
I never said Jerry was smart, professional and mature.

plymkr

Reaction score
Think you for saying. I almost brought it up early...but didnt want to be the guy focusing on gossip.

That was some very bad body language Lamb put off in that GB game. And...whatever it was...it drug Dak into it because everyone was saying he looked pissed at Dak, as if Dak isnt good.

I dont follow the Cowboys heavily anymore...but I read earlier today that Lamb wasnt at some practice Dak held at his house. I dont know if that means anything or not.

I get it...these are grown men and can get over pitter pats with each other. The optics just arent good.

I mean...if Lamb was complaining in a Playoff game after Dak fed him the ball all year....Lamb seems like he might be high maintenance to keep happy. I get that its a do or die game and that Lamb is competitive....but he looked selfish and also drug his QB into it.

I think talent is more important that chemistry/culture....but if I am the Jones family...Im finding out what is the root of Lamb's playoff game body language before extending.

What sucks as a Cowboys fan is....looks like we have good QB that is very aggressive in his contract negotiations; we have a star WR that seems to have an issue on the field, possible with his QB, and now is using online guerilla warfare in a dispute with his employer; you have a super star LB/DE that seems to want to be in Philly, leading to him having no filter when talking

Kind of depressing. At least "Sounds from the Sidelines" makes it seem like these guys all get along.
I’m also concerned about what CD’s mom said and what Micah’s brother said. I think there is something to the issues Dak and CD had in the game. Just a gut feeling. Also there was the report from an “undisclosed player” that Dak panics after his first read isn’t there after the playoff loss. I still want to know who said that. If it was CD then there is not a good track record for WRs that criticize Dak. Stay tuned to the Dallas Kardashians. It’s never boring.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I’m also concerned about what CD’s mom said and what Micah’s brother said. I think there is something to the issues Dak and CD had in the game. Just a gut feeling. Also there was the report from an “undisclosed player” that Dak panics after his first read isn’t there after the playoff loss. I still want to know who said that. If it was CD then there is not a good track record for WRs that criticize Dak. Stay tuned to the Dallas Kardashians. It’s never boring.
No player needed to day this. Real fans have known this since 2017

NotForLong

Reaction score
Cost a potential undefeated season in 1993, and derailed at team that could have won 5 straight SBs. Then follows that up with the longest championship appearance drought in team history while refusing to hire a real GM.

History will not be kind to Jerry Jones when his GM record is examined by future football historians. I have no doubt he will be regarded as the biggest fool the NFL has ever seen once he's been gone for a decade or two.
How about the genius move in 2016

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
window-meeting-bye.gif

Coming up on my 25th season as a fan....Jerry's making it really difficult.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No matter how much I vote for no Dak contract, I am actually siding with him now and thinking he must want the hell out of Dodge like yesterday....why on earth would he even want to sign a new deal with the crazy man on a heater of destruction?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This viewpoint never dies (pun intended). No one knows how long anyone, much less Jerry Jones, will remain above ground. Also, all elderly people do not think of their longevity in the same way as younger people do. Narcissists in particular do not think that way. They believe they will live forever, lol.
Yep, but on the actuarial side, the older you get to be the more likely you are to live far beyond the average. Like if you're 50 you can expect to live to 78, but if you're 80 you are likely to live to be 86 (or something like that, I looked it up years ago but forgot the exact numbers).

And he can buy the finest health care there is. We talk a lot about Jerry's drinking, but none of us really know if he's an old sot or like the late Dean Martin, didn't drink nearly as much as people thought (the glass of whiskey he always seemed to have in his hand was according to some was really just iced tea).

If Jerry is really thinking "there's no urgency" then he's not just incompetent, he's crazy....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Honestly if we got a haul of picks like 2 1sts and a 2nd or 3rd for Lamb I would be content. CD is great but something really irked me about how he played in the GB game. Especially when that CB Alexander shoved him and he showed no emotion in return. At this point just build the defense around Micah, let Dak go and get as much as you can for CD and hope we can move up the draft next year to get a QB.
yes lamb is a diva, when he gets his bag he will just cruise , he isnt into winning. This past season was a contract year to him, they all go
all out and hard in that contract year.
Smart thing to do is trade him for picks, dak too if they can and get a young cheap qb and draft a new WR next draft with the picks you get for CD!!

Build the defense.

Only problem is jerry likes the offense, he knows that sells better, and fans love the offensive stars, and so does jerry.

I saw lamb on micah's show lol, and mainly he talked about his clothes and jewelry etc, he has $350,000 worth of clothes, he said he needs more
closet space, and more mirrors to look at himself in !
He needs the money for more clothes, closets jewelry , special mirrors etc.