Jerry Jones says Cowboys will NOT draft QB with no. 4 pick *Super Hot Pants Mega Merge*

CCBoy

Reaction score
On the Tony Romo ledge is this:

2. An Equipped and Angered Offensive Line
Despite all the polls and accolades the offensive line received in 2015, there’s an inking the squad left a little meat on the bone.

That is about to change in 2016.

With four of the five lineman graded in as first round talents, the super team is coming in one year more experienced and strengthened.

Offensive guard La’el Collins is coming off a rookie year where he had some splashes.

Collins also figures to head into 2016 as the unquestioned starter.

La'El Collins can move a little bit. Shades of Larry Allen's most famous play. pic.twitter.com/dbmaXQRqL6

— Or Moyal (@OrMoyal) December 13, 2015

The offensive line makes everyone better.

This includes the running back.

It especially means the quarterback, too.

Not only will the strong line engineer more time in the backfield for Romo to dissect and manipulate defenses, the fab five will keep him upright and healthy as the 16-game season wears on.

http://thelandryhat.com/2016/03/01/revenge-tony-romo-3-reasons-2016-year/3/

CCBoy

Reaction score
3 INTs in his career. Ramsey not being a playmaker isnt opinion. Its fact

If one watched Bullwinkle the Moose enough, there was a segment called 'Fractured Fairy Tales.'

All the media, teams, as well as sports analysts and scouting departments are all, dead wrong.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If one watched Bullwinkle the Moose enough, there was a segment called 'Fractured Fairy Tales.'

All the media, teams, as well as sports analysts and scouting departments are all, dead wrong.

Mo Claiborne and Aaron Curry say high

Szczepanik

Reaction score

I was unaware that this board had members that put NFL scouting departments to shame. What a lucky group of fans we are to be in such high company.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was unaware that this board had members that put NFL scouting departments to shame. What a lucky group of fans we are to be in such high company.

On sidebar here...this site has a long history of people coming up the ranks and actually being very insightful as to talent and projections upon people at various levels for upcoming drafts. Some are actually very good in their observations.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Not surprised by this. Jerruh is all about now and getting this team back into the Super Bowl. Drafting a QB at 4 to ride the pine doesn't fit his current plan. I think they will draft a QB, just not in the 1st round. If they stay at 4, it's probably going to be defense. He's seen what Denver has done the last few years with an aging QB and a top tier defense. Dallas already has the aging QB.....

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Those same NFL scouts that really like Wentz and Goff all agree that Ramsey and Jack are two of the draft's best players. Be sure to give them a call and discredit them for such analysis.

Never said Ramsey wasn't one of the best players. Said HE DOESN'T make plays. You telling me 3 int's in 41 games isn't proof enough? And I need a scout to set me straight on that. Do they have game film I am missing?

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Never said Ramsey wasn't one of the best players. Said HE DOESN'T make plays. You telling me 3 int's in 41 games isn't proof enough? And I need a scout to set me straight on that. Do they have game film I am missing?

Coverage sacks = making plays. Having great coverage and sticking the WR's as good as he does to me is making plays. If you can take away a WR by great coverage, you don't need INT's. Problem with our defense was that they never made plays, nor covered their WR's.

Plugging Ramsey at safety near Byron to me is more enticing than a backup QB behind Romo, while drafting someone like a Dak Prescott.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Scandrick didn't have a single turn-over last season...he poor there as well?

How many games did Deion go without a turn over? Might have also been that there wasn't as much throwing his direction.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Coverage sacks = making plays. Having great coverage and sticking the WR's as good as he does to me is making plays. If you can take away a WR by great coverage, you don't need INT's. Problem with our defense was that they never made plays, nor covered their WR's.

Plugging Ramsey at safety near Byron to me is more enticing than a backup QB behind Romo, while drafting someone like a Dak Prescott.

So 3 int's in 41 games = making plays. Receivers catching the ball and Ramsey doesn't = making plays. That is your idea of a playmaker. lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So 3 int's in 41 games = making plays. Receivers catching the ball and Ramsey doesn't = making plays. That is your idea of a playmaker. lol.

Does a kido actually play hop scotch if the form is drawn in colored chalk?

Junglist

Reaction score
If he was wanting to draft Manziel two years ago , he is definitely going to think about a QB in this draft.

Naw. None of these QB's will sell a ton of jerseys like he imagined Manziel would have. It's all about $$$$

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think Jerry normally tells the truth about these things. To me, it means he knows he's going to make a QB move before the draft, so it's not giving up any sort of competitive advantage.

I do believe you are right. I never thought they were going to draft a qb at 4. I always thought they would address it through F.A. Ramsey will be the pick if he is there. If not, it will be either Jack or Bosa. IMO

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So Im essentially not allowed to form own opinion as well as ignore factual data on a player because guys who are in reality pro/am scouts like Mayock, Rang, Bruger and Kiper say? Mind you we know very little about what legitimate, employed NFL scouts think of a player? Very little of that info is released, especially this time of year. And that most that is is disinformation.

Ill just go to bed without supper. That will teach me to have a dissenting veiw.