Jerry Jones says Cowboys will NOT draft QB with no. 4 pick *Super Hot Pants Mega Merge*

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I 100% believe this and I think Jerry is throwing it out now so that he can drum up trade interest in teams looking to grab a QB. The Rams and 49ers will be called, oh yes.

tm1119

Reaction score
I believed they would pass before Jerry said it, so it didn't change my opinion at all. They are passing in the first.

I disagree, but we'll find out in April.

But to answer the question...no one. If Goff or Wentz are on the board and we are dumb enough to pass there will be 3-4 teams more than happy to trade up to take 1. If we are going to pass on a QB then trade down is the only option in my mind.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I 100% believe this and I think Jerry is throwing it out now so that he can drum up trade interest in teams looking to grab a QB. The Rams and 49ers will be called, oh yes.

Why would the 49'ers be called? They have two quarterbacking options on their roster right now, and a bunch of other holes to fill.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Why would the 49'ers be called? They have two quarterbacking options on their roster right now, and a bunch of other holes to fill.

If Kaep or his agent say they are good with the 49ers, then they are obviously not a trade partner, but so far only the 49ers have said he is staying.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Kaep or his agent say they are good with the 49ers, then they are obviously not a trade partner, but so far only the 49ers have said he is staying.

But ultimately only the 49'ers decide that, right?

dfense

Reaction score
There are a few personnel guys in the NFL that I respect their opinion. All have said none of the top 3 QB's are franchise guys worthy of the top 5 picks.

Bosa scares me. He's a stout strong side DE, but seems like the bullrush is his top move. I think they can find that in a later round.
Ramsey could fix a major problem. Safety. But if Byron moves to FS, Church is an adequate SS. Ramsey at CB/FS solves some issues and adds some dynamic flexibility to the backfield.
Jack brings some of the same. He can cover TE's man on man. He can play any LB position and even some safety. That's a unique player.

I'd go Jack or Ramsey.

Last edited:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Elliott or Ramsey (if he is available); both can be considered elite at their positions. Either would have the greatest impact.

I still prefer the QB.

LittleD

Reaction score
There's just nothing else to say. It's like watching a bad rerun.

Look doesn't matter this year or next whether we draft a new QB. If Romo goes down at any time, the season is hosed and we
know that. Jerry has said several times that no matter what, Romo is his QB for the next 3-5 years so why spend a 1st round pick
on someone who's gonna ride the pine. I think they will bring in a backup experienced QB to stand in for Romo should he
get crunched on the field. From the news, it looks like the Cowboys are courting McCoy.