Jerry Jones when asked why not put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:hammer:
Not certain it would ever make him do anything. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. Jones has the type of personality that he could be a horse dying of thirst, standing beside the lake and he would still rather turn into glue than drink. That said, badgering someone with his mindset the correct approach into having him do the appropriate thing.

Come on DE, that is not how the saying goes. It's "you can lead a horse to water but a pencil has to be lead".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. First, Jones mentions other coaches going into the Ring as self-deflection during the interview (and likely as a side stab at Johnson too). Then conversation changes from discussing how Jones should have properly responded to what Jones wanted talk to center upon after the interview. Classic.

Motorola

Reaction score
At this point, I would request to never be put in out of spite……screw Jerry :angry:
Longtime Giants LB great Harry Carson wanted his name removed from Pro Football HOF consideration after a decade being retired, but not selected.
Carson was enshrined in 2006.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score

There are players who belong in there too, but Jimmy Johnson should be first and foremost. Jerry's just going to skirt around the subject until he kicks the bucket. He really is pathetic. Still hoping for his little slice of credit.
I've made this comment in the past whenever a thread about this situation appeared...
Jones or Johnson has to pass away before the former HC is honored.
If Johnson passes first, Jones will honor him posthumously.
If Jones passes first, his children will induct Johnson shortly thereafter.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've made this comment in the past whenever a thread about this situation appeared...
Jones or Johnson has to pass away before the former HC is honored.
If Johnson passes first, Jones will honor him posthumously.
If Jones passes first, his children will induct Johnson shortly thereafter.
Bold> Perhaps but it would not surprise me if his children would not make the task a priority.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. First, Jones mentions other coaches going into the Ring as self-deflection during the interview (and likely as a side stab at Johnson too). Then conversation changes from discussing how Jones should have properly responded to what Jones wanted talk to center upon after the interview. Classic.

He is very lazy and sloppy with his deflections and uses the same old Boogerbabble.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimmy was great....ROH? Who cares? He knows what he did and so do the fans. He didn't leave on good terms, so I don't care one way or the other. Jerry is the owner, he paid him well and paid the players that Jimmy wanted...Jerry is here and Jimmy is not. Whatever, I won't lose any sleep over this.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking for a chest full of medals...he's in the Hall of Fame and the College version. (Jimmy Johnson)
I have no respect for Jimmy....he didn't know his place or follow vhaim of command. I have an ego just like he does, but he let his ego get the best of him and he quit on us. Zero respect from me
He looks pitiful now, trying to get in the ROH. I wouldn't put a quitter in the ring.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Jimmy pulled a miracle job, likely would have on a third SB in a row. Without Jimmy and his approach, the cowboys would have likely not won a Super Bowl, not with the 49ers and packers of the 90s to beat. Utterly childish behavior by Jerry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Learn English first? Who are you talking to?
That part of English is topical development as well as functional knowledge of your own part of a discussed matter. THAT part had already been accomplished through subject action comparing. It can't then be altered for convenience.

THAT is ENGLISH!

Know what copyright infringement means? Get quotes straight and respect the integrity involved...I stand behind my statement of what was described.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He would still be putting Jimmy in and he doesn’t want to do that. He would end up watering down the ROH with Wannstedt and Avezzano. A couple of real good coaches but not ROH worthy.
He acknowledged that Jimmy is deserving, so I think the only way he would induct him is to water down his induction. I mean, it takes some of the focus off Jimmy (which Jerry would want), if he inducts him with his coaching staff or inducts Switzer with him for being the other Super Bowl coach of that dynasty or if he inducts himself with Jimmy as the masterminds of those teams. (I think the third one is unlikely because Jones would want the spotlight to himself.)