Jerry Jones when asked why not put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm not sure exactly what he's saying here, but at least he seems to be acknowledging that Johnson "ought to be in that Ring of Honor." That he waters that down with other coaches probably makes it mean as much as him actually saying that he would put Johnson in the ring and then not doing it. Who knows? Maybe he actually has a plan in mind ... although I think it's more likely that Johnson won't be inducted while Jerry is still living.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Because Jimmy got all of the glory...wha wha!

Plankton

Reaction score
If he puts Garrett in the ring of honor I will stop being a fan and I will delete my account here.
Garret-Creepy.gif

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jerry is going to look like a complete idiot if he adds another coach to the ROH before Jimmy. I hope he’s not considering Parcells. :facepalm: He may be considering Norv Turner. No way can he put in one of Jimmy’s assistants before he puts Jimmy in. Man, is this going to be interesting. Lol
I wonder if he would do that coaching staff as a package deal. That would water down Jimmy's induction and maybe make it more palatable to him. Jimmy, Norv, Wannstedt, Avezzano ...

gimmesix

Reaction score

Ernie Stautner?​

Could be. I certainly would not be opposed to that. Those who think it would be Garrett, Parcells, Phillips, etc., are being a little overreactionary. Jerry might be vindictive toward Johnson, but he hasn't treated the ring disrespectfully otherwise. ... Of course, by "coach," he could be talking about himself. I could see Jerry inducting himself with Johnson as the mastermind of those 1990s teams. He is that egotistical. I don't think he'd be wiling to share the spotlight, though.

Big_D

Reaction score
Could be. I certainly would not be opposed to that. Those who think it would be Garrett, Parcells, Phillips, etc., are being a little overreactionary. Jerry might be vindictive toward Johnson, but he hasn't treated the ring disrespectfully otherwise. ... Of course, by "coach," he could be talking about himself. I could see Jerry inducting himself with Johnson as the mastermind of those 1990s teams. He is that egotistical. I don't think he'd be wiling to share the spotlight, though.
I’m certainly not clumping Parcells with those 2 clowns, but none of the 3 belong in the ROH. Hopefully it’s just overreaction but you really never know with Jerry.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
He's talking about Mike McCarthy. Once McCarthy wins the Super Bowl this year (as Jerry said) Jerry will finally be able to prove he can win without Jimmy which opens up Jimmy's path the the ROH.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’m certainly not clumping Parcells with those 2 clowns, but none of the 3 belong in the ROH. Hopefully it’s just overreaction but you really never know with Jerry.
Parcells won't be going into the ring here and neither will Garrett. Jerry is delusional, but he's not completely insane. Don't think Stephen would even let dear ol' dad get away with that.

Now, I could see him inducting Switzer, using the Super Bowl victory as justification.

Big_D

Reaction score
Parcells won't be going into the ring here and neither will Garrett. Jerry is delusional, but he's not completely insane. Don't think Stephen would even let dear ol' dad get away with that.

Now, I could see him inducting Switzer, using the Super Bowl victory as justification.
He’s done a lot of insane things since Jimmy left.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He needs to be asked this question on a daily basis until he ultimately does the right thing.
:hammer:
Not certain it would ever make him do anything. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. Jones has the type of personality that he could be a horse dying of thirst, standing beside the lake and he would still rather turn into glue than drink. That said, badgering someone with his mindset is the correct approach into having him do the appropriate thing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wonder if he would do that coaching staff as a package deal. That would water down Jimmy's induction and maybe make it more palatable to him. Jimmy, Norv, Wannstedt, Avezzano ...
He would still be putting Jimmy in and he doesn’t want to do that. He would end up watering down the ROH with Wannstedt and Avezzano. A couple of real good coaches but not ROH worthy.