Jerry Jones when asked why not put Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jimmy was great....ROH? Who cares? He knows what he did and so do the fans. He didn't leave on good terms, so I don't care one way or the other. Jerry is the owner, he paid him well and paid the players that Jimmy wanted...Jerry is here and Jimmy is not. Whatever, I won't lose any sleep over this.
“During Jimmy’s tenure, the authority to hire the players was with the GM," Jones continued. "But it was agreed that we wouldn’t bring a player into the organization that he didn’t approve of. We were a team and it worked very well.

“During Jimmy’s tenure, the authority to hire the players was with the GM," Jones continued.

“I came into the NFL as the owner and general manager of this team, and one of the first decisions I made in the role of GM was to hire Jimmy as head coach,” he said. “Jimmy and I worked well together. We had great communication, and I have always appreciated what he has done for the organization. I wanted all the input in the world from Jimmy on personnel.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ry-jones-on-gm-claims-during-super-bowl-runs/

shabazz

Reaction score
Jimmy is gonna pull an "upper decker" in Jerruh's coffin as soon as he keels over.
It’s an excellent idea but I imagine that Jerry’s ego would make him a candidate for cryogenics and wait to be reanimated at a later date……he probably won’t look much worse than he does now

Just have to wait till his last illegitimate child is gone though….no sense paying out on that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He acknowledged that Jimmy is deserving, so I think the only way he would induct him is to water down his induction. I mean, it takes some of the focus off Jimmy (which Jerry would want), if he inducts him with his coaching staff or inducts Switzer with him for being the other Super Bowl coach of that dynasty or if he inducts himself with Jimmy as the masterminds of those teams. (I think the third one is unlikely because Jones would want the spotlight to himself.)
What still is reflected is the truth, Jimmy disrespected both his boss and his own players...that is upon him.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

morat1959

Reaction score
The fact that 30 years have gone by since Jimmy built and coached the first and only back to back SB champions in Cowboys history, is inducted into the pro football HOF, and somehow is NOT already in the Cowboys ROH is an absolute disgrace to every other honored member of the ROH.

Jerry’s pathetic pettiness disgraces every member of the Ring…from Lily, Staubach, and Dandy Don all the way to Troy, Emmitt and Michael. Absolutely disgusting.
Very well put!

morat1959

Reaction score
ok isnt landry already in??
That leaves switzer who did win a SB, but there isnt another coach that should be put in.
Jerry said last time that there were others to put in and they were still deciding that.
So now a year later he comes up with this lol.

I think he wants others to minimize jimmy going in, and jimmy will just be 1 of 5 lol.

If he had any brains he would put jimmy in a special show, chg $2 admission and make a little money , get it aired on local tv and nfl network.

So if he ever does it , there will be a group to minimize jimmy, and if he puts barry in at same time, that is pretty much a insult.

If he did players from jimmys team that would be ok.

I already knew what type of person jerry is so this doesnt surprise me at all.

What would surprise me is if he did jimmy by himself in a respectful manner.
I don’t know which would be the bigger disgrace to the ring…Jimmy not getting in or putting Switzer in. He should never get in.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jimmy was great....ROH? Who cares? He knows what he did and so do the fans. He didn't leave on good terms, so I don't care one way or the other. Jerry is the owner, he paid him well and paid the players that Jimmy wanted...Jerry is here and Jimmy is not. Whatever, I won't lose any sleep over this.
“I came into the NFL as the owner and general manager of this team, and one of the first decisions I made in the role of GM was to hire Jimmy as head coach,” he said. “Jimmy and I worked well together. We had great communication, and I have always appreciated what he has done for the organization. I wanted all the input in the world from Jimmy on personnel.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ry-jones-on-gm-claims-during-super-bowl-runs/

A sports analyst with CBS made this statement:

Johnson told Horn that when he negotiated subsequent contracts, Jones was “always very adamant” that clauses outlining Johnson's control be taken out.

“It was always a sticking point with Jerry,” Johnson said. “I would never agree.”

That is binding at bar for non-completion of a binding contract and not binding on the non inclusion of a not agreed upon element for execution. Implying due to ego does not allow individual enrichment of value. That is found in the Universal Commercial Code that all first year law school candidates take.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That part of English is topical development as well as functional knowledge of your own part of a discussed matter. THAT part had already been accomplished through subject action comparing. It can't then be altered for convenience.

THAT is ENGLISH!

Know what copyright infringement means? Get quotes straight and respect the integrity involved...I stand behind my statement of what was described.
I don't know if it's that time of the month for you or what but I treat people on this site with the same respect they treat me with. I didn't disrespect you so don't disrespect me. If you wouldn't say it to me in person please refrain from saying it to me on this site. Thanks.

morat1959

Reaction score
I honestly can’t believe the nonsense of a lot on here trying to figure out which coaches the idiot is referring to. I’ve been over JJ for so long. I literally move on wherever I see his face. I don’t want to hear anything he has to say.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don’t know which would be the bigger disgrace to the ring…Jimmy not getting in or putting Switzer in. He should never get in.
A biased opinion there...Switzer won more games at the NFL and Collegiate levels, both.

Sydla

Reaction score
You really are a Jerry apologist. Between this and defending his stance on Martin, LOL.

Jerry is showing himself to be a petty baby here. Anyone who isn't wired to defend Jerry can see that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't know if it's that time of the month for you or what but I treat people on this site with the same respect they treat me with. I didn't disrespect you so don't disrespect me. If you wouldn't say it to me in person please refrain from saying it to me on this site. Thanks.
I talked basis for observation, if you can't handle an abstract discussion, Sir, that is your limitation of observation. It was explained disjointed from personality beyond I would still stick to unbridled truth. Have a nice day, but your assumption is still wrong.

How do you make scalloped potatoes to go with your briskett?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One of only three coaches to win a Super Bowl in Dallas.

Sydla

Reaction score
A biased opinion there...Switzer won more games at the NFL and Collegiate levels, both.
Switzer won more games at the NFL level? Are you talking winning percentage in the NFL? Because that would be a disingenuous claim.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really are a Jerry apologist. Between this and defending his stance on Martin, LOL.

Jerry is showing himself to be a petty baby here. Anyone who isn't wired to defend Jerry can see that.
Let it go...Jimmy is gone!!! How is he gonna help us win now? Keep kissing his butt if you want, coaches come and go... get over it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not read through all the posts, and probably will not.

But there are probably no other coaches worthy of going in. This is just Jerry”s idiot way of not being direct.
I seen Ernie Staunter, so ok, maybe.

How about Norv Turner and Dave Campo Wannstadt, Butch Davis, for the SB teams. All can go in as the triplets did. So this can take away some of the spotlight away from Jimmy.
Though that is too many DC for 3 SB’s.

I can see why he won’t commit to a firm answer at this point as TC only started. But for Jimmy, if Jimmy only, he should just say, yes it will be this year, we are working on which game.

Be noncommittal at this point for saying too long ago it will happen, just pisses off the fans and media. Making him look the fool that he is at times.

Now, having said that. If it happens great, if not, I won’t lose any sleep over it either

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have not read through all the posts, and probably will not.

But there are probably no other coaches worthy of going in. This is just Jerry”s idiot way of not being direct.
I seen Ernie Staunter, so ok, maybe.

How about Norv Turner and Dave Campo Wannstadt, Butch Davis, for the SB teams. All can go in as the triplets did. So this can take away some of the spotlight away from Jimmy.
Though that is too many DC for 3 SB’s.

I can see why he won’t commit to a firm answer at this point as TC only started. But for Jimmy, if Jimmy only, he should just say, yes it will be this year, we are working on which game.

Be noncommittal at this point for saying too long ago it will happen, just pisses off the fans and media. Making him look the fool that he is at times.

Now, having said that. If it happens great, if not, I won’t lose any sleep over it either
Just a dog-faced soldier, Sir!