Jerry still the biggest problem

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He was the frontrunner in ATL, STL, and BAL before Jerry hired him in Dallas, so that's clearly not true.

He's got a gig in Dallas, so we can't say for sure, but there's a very good chance he'd get another shot at a HC job if he were let go. It might take a year or two, but he's got experience and he's going to interview well. His players really like him. I don't think owners will be swayed by angry Cowboys fans. Especially since nobody else has had as much luck in the Dallas gig since Jimmy was let go.

One playoff win in 8 years, misses the playoffs 75% of the time...................yea, other team's would be lined up for his services, his resume is just too impressive to pass up:laugh:

The only place that would hire Garrett to be their head coach if Jerry's neurons started to work again and kicked his arse out the door is Div 3 Western Omaha.

You know I'm right:thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One playoff win in 8 years, misses the playoffs 75% of the time...................yea, other team's would be lined up for his services, his resume is just too impressive to pass up:laugh:

The only place that would hire Garrett to be their head coach if Jerry's neurons started to work again and kicked his arse out the door is Div 3 Western Omaha.

We really don’t know. Half of the NFL coaches suk. He might could land a job elsewhere . He was in demand last time he was available.

And no one expects any coach to have much success under Jerry. Not sure it’s a good barometer?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said, talk to someone else about Dak.
At least your not disputing the facts. Hey, I like Dak too. I was caught up in the hoopla his Rookie season winning wave too when I thought we’d found IT.

I just don’t think based on what I saw this year he’s enough at this time to overcome Jerry or Jason.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't know what is better: the psychobabble or the complaining about things that won't change.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At least your not disputing the facts. Hey, I like Dak too. I was caught up in the hoopla his Rookie season winning wave too when I thought we’d found IT.

I just don’t think based on what I saw this year he’s enough at this time to overcome Jerry or Jason.

Dak has shown, even young, what he can do when the Oline is playing great and the run game is clicking. And that is with average receivers and poor coaching. Its obviously not enough with a bla defense. Im not sure anyone can win with this coaching staff and Jerry. But that isnt bad on Dak. Thats bad on the FO. Even Romo in his prime couldnt come close so why should a 2nd year QB like Dak?

Dak and Zeke will have wasted careers just like Romo, Dez, Witten, ect....ect.... As long and Jerry and his puppet coaches are in charge.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know what is better: the psychobabble or the complaining about things that won't change.

Neither of them are as bad as having to listen to some homer tell you that things are great and were going the SB. Or that some lackey coach is a great head coach. All the other stuff us just fan frustration. The homer BS is nothing short of blind annoyance.

Wood

Reaction score
Too bad someone can't turn up the heat in the general manager's office.

The fact that Jerry Jones won't even consider stepping down as general manager at age 75 makes him the NFL's biggest hypocrite.

Can anyone figure out the primary reason America's Team is a mediocre mess?

Through five different Head Coaches, numerous assistants and hundreds of players this era , there remains once constant .

Of course, we can holler about the obvious until we're hoarse. It doesn't matter because Jerry is way too stubborn and arrogant to change his mind.

Yeah, Jerry desperately wants to win. As long as he gets the lion's share of the credit.

His ego takes priority over giving the Cowboys the best chance to succeed.

For long time I also felt Jerry was 99% of problem. That was until I started hearing Stephan view points. Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from tree. Same stubborn attributes and fact that both of them have allowed Dallas to go 22 years without advancing past 2nd round playoffs tells you they truly aren't overly concerned with winning or are completely incompetent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak has shown, even young, what he can do when the Oline is playing great and the run game is clicking. And that is with average receivers and poor coaching. Its obviously not enough with a bla defense. Im not sure anyone can win with this coaching staff and Jerry. But that isnt bad on Dak. Thats bad on the FO. Even Romo in his prime couldnt come close so why should a 2nd year QB like Dak?

Dak and Zeke will have wasted careers just like Romo, Dez, Witten, ect....ect.... As long and Jerry and his puppet coaches are in charge.
I didn’t think Romo was enough to overcome them either. And why I’m concerned if Dak isn’t as good as Romo.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett himself admitted they screwed up with Chaz Green. There is no painting anything when the guy freely admits it all on his own. He admitted he never even thought about giving him help. It was just plug and play, next man up. Same with Zeke. No scheme change, no nothing. Dont alter anything despite the drop off in talent and skill set. Again, he admitted how foolish that was and they are now changing things. Too bad we had to waste another season on his lack of foresight.

You dont buy into Garrett ever doing anything wrong. Thats fine. You are entitled. But when you act like people really like Garrett, when its more than obvious that most dont, thats when it goes to far. You are out on an island with Garrett.

You have the quote where Garrett said he didn't think of giving Green help? I didn't see that quote. From what I recall, they shifted the protection over about a quarter of the time, ran at the gap, tried rolling protection away, and started calling quick-release passes and it just didn't work. The next week they did give help almost every pass, but then that didn't work either.

I'm not giving the coaches a pass for the ATL game, because they didn't have any answers for a mediocre player, but the idea that they weren't trying to counter the guy getting 8 sacks isn't true at all.

It's not true that I don't buy into Garrett ever doing anything wrong. I criticize him for the things that I think are important, like for blowing the #4 and #34 picks in 2016, and for failing to put together an 8 person OL that can actually play in 2017. What I don't do is attribute every shortcoming the team has on him whether it makes any sense or not. Which is why I don't care if an offense is predictable as long as it scores points at a high rate and why I don't ding the guy for not running the football enough when we run it more than everybody or for red zone scoring when we're consistently among the best in the league at red zone scoring.

ESisback

Reaction score
You have the quote where Garrett said he didn't think of giving Green help? I didn't see that quote. From what I recall, they shifted the protection over about a quarter of the time, ran at the gap, tried rolling protection away, and started calling quick-release passes and it just didn't work. The next week they did give help almost every pass, but then that didn't work either.

I'm not giving the coaches a pass for the ATL game, because they didn't have any answers for a mediocre player, but the idea that they weren't trying to counter the guy getting 8 sacks isn't true at all.

It's not true that I don't buy into Garrett ever doing anything wrong. I criticize him for the things that I think are important, like for blowing the #4 and #34 picks in 2016, and for failing to put together an 8 person OL that can actually play in 2017. What I don't do is attribute every shortcoming the team has on him whether it makes any sense or not. Which is why I don't care if an offense is predictable as long as it scores points at a high rate and why I don't ding the guy for not running the football enough when we run it more than everybody or for red zone scoring when we're consistently among the best in the league at red zone scoring.
OK, we're a good offense. But be honest. Are you confident we'll score consistently in the big moments against the best teams?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, we're a good offense. But be honest. Are you confident we'll score consistently in the big moments against the best teams?

Generally? Yeah. I always expect we'll score and then give up the game winning touchdown on defense. When we don't, like with the Raiders game this year, I sit there confused for a bit and try to figure out what happened and why it can't happen more often.

The end of the year last year, though, I wasn't confident of anything on offense. That's the exception, though. And that was mostly due to the protection problems I think. I hope, at least.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We really don’t know. Half of the NFL coaches suk. He might could land a job elsewhere . He was in demand last time he was available.

That was a decade ago bro...............and both teams that interviewed him, Atlanta and Baltimore, have been to the SB in the decade that followed.

Garrett?

Wildcard Win....................a decade later.................a single Wildcard Win:facepalm:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The only hope we have is if Jerry is forced to sell the team because after Jerry it will be Stephen and he is just like his daddy in some ways worse in some ways better but still pretty much the same thing and who knows who comes after him

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That was a decade ago bro...............and both teams that interviewed him, Atlanta and Baltimore, have been to the SB in the decade that followed.

Garrett?

Wildcard Win....................a decade later.................a single Wildcard Win:facepalm:
Yep

Do you think Jerry has added to Garretts success and failures here or limited it?

And in comparison how did Jerry effect our other HC success or failures this era?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sometimes, we see only the things we seek. Case in point is you and Garret. There is never going to be a mea culpa news conference.

https://sportsday.***BANNED-DO-NOT-...nfl-scout-jason-garrett-told-made-bad-mistake

Here is an article that you can read yourself. Google "jason garret chaz green"

He (garret) said, "Let me tell you this though, as a staff, we made a bad mistake. We should've got some help sooner, we should've tried some things sooner. That's on us."

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

It cracks me up when the argument "He was the front runner in ATL, STL, and BAL ...." is thrown out there. He was an OC then, coming off a decent first season. Those teams were most likely turned down because papa Jerry had already promised his puppet boy he was getting the gig as soon as he could get enough reason to kick Wade out. You think any of those teams are upset they lost out on the greatness of Garrett? Not likely.

Now that Garrett has put together a rather mediocre resume I doubt you would see ANY team knocking his door down with offers to come to their organization. Not even Detroit or Cleveland would take that chance.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Sometimes, we see only the things we seek. Case in point is you and Garret. There is never going to be a mea culpa news conference.

https://sportsday.***BANNED-DO-NOT-...nfl-scout-jason-garrett-told-made-bad-mistake

Here is an article that you can read yourself. Google "jason garret chaz green"

He (garret) said, "Let me tell you this though, as a staff, we made a bad mistake. We should've got some help sooner, we should've tried some things sooner. That's on us."

One of those very rare occasions Garrett took blame instead of throwing someone else under the bus.