Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gronk is my favorite player that is not a Cowboy !!! I love to watch him play !!!
What I love more than anything how accurate Brady is. I mean I think I remember the story about him practicing in the offseason with someone, and was upset because the ball was a tad off when he threw it. I pray that Dak adapts this mentality during the off season.

dallasdave

Reaction score
What I love more than anything how accurate Brady is. I mean I think I remember the story about him practicing in the offseason with someone, and was upset because the ball was a tad off when he threw it. I pray that Dak adapts this mentality during the off season.
Yeah, Brady is always trying to be the best and get better or make a play better. Dak could learn from this and grow into a top QB like Brady.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Romo's health & fitness to play is inversely correlated to Dak's performance. Medical clearance will be indefinitely deferred for various reasons if the wins continue.

I'm surprised how many people have this reaction. Seems more likely to me that they haven't been revealing something about his health and he actually can't play. Isn't that their MO?

Plankton

Reaction score
Tony is healthy and isn't out of shape....Jerry is selling snake oil and thinks we are all rubes

I would prefer if Jerry just said Dak is the QB and thats that but Jerry can't do anything easy

I'd prefer it if Jones would STHU and let his coach announce who the QB is, but, not in Jerry's world.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think sometimes it's worth listening to not only what executives and politicians are saying, but what they aren't saying, as well. What Jerry isn't saying is Dak has moved past Tony on the depth chart.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak looked like a deer in the headlights while he was leading his team from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter against an excellent defense? Those two long late drives by Dak were things of beauty. 10/13 passing and 2 TD's when it counted most. That's the very definition of clutch.

Remember, he almost threw two INTs right in the hands of the Eagles DBs. So your are correct in part that he's mentally a beast, but we also had a little luck.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Remember, he almost threw two INTs right in the hands of the Eagles DBs. So your are correct in part that he's mentally a beast, but we also had a little luck.

All teams need luck. And close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.

khiladi

Reaction score
All teams need luck. And close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.

No doubt... As I stated during the game, when somebody was criticizing Dak, that yeah the DB dropped an INT right in his hands, but Prescott basically just played it off and got us a score. He's mentally a beast,

My point in this context was that 2 ot of the 3 incompletions if I remember correctly, should have been INTs...

JJHLH1

Reaction score

You are right. And a little luck never hurts.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's what I don't understand. If Tony had led the team to a Super Bowl or at least an NFC Championship appearance once during his 10 years it might make more sense. The team is playing well right now. Stay the course. Jerry is on the right track with his comments this morning.

In his first year with Linehan, he threw close to 40 TDs and 9 INTs and got robbed with a perfect pass to Dez, that should have been a TD. And the game before, he led the team back against Detroit. They had Seattle lined up and they killed them the first game of the season and were undefeated at road minus the robbery in Lambeau.

This would be his second season with Linehan. Garrett isn't in charge of the offense anymore. As even Jones makes clear in those words, he emphasizes Linehan in the decision and Linehan is in COMPLETE CONTROL of the offense now.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
In his first year with Linehan, he threw close to 40 TDs and 9 INTs and got robbed with a perfect pass to Dez, that should have been a TD. And the game before, he led the team back against Detroit. They had Seattle lined up and they killed them the first game of the season and were undefeated at road minus the robbery in Lambeau.

This would be his second season with Linehan. Garrett isn't in charge of the offense anymore. As even Jones makes clear in those words, he emphasizes Linehan in the decision and Linehan is in COMPLETE CONTROL of the offense now.

I don't dislike Romo. He has been a very good player for the Cowboys. I'm just hesitant to change things that are working so well. Good problem to have though!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
from what babe said in his chat today I fully believe he will never play here again. Its over.

and as I said before it sucks.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't dislike Romo. He has been a very good player for the Cowboys. I'm just hesitant to change things that are working so well. Good problem to have though!

I just think people are neglecting one fact. Tony Romo, before his last contract, was not involved at all in game-planning per Garrett's direction. This changed by order of Jerry with the new contract and that is when the changes in offense began, including the ultimate move of Linehan being coordinator.

Tony being here 10 years prior, is 10 years with Garrett in charge of the offense, of which we have now finally moved away from. Even last year, when Romo was injured, what we saw the first half of the season was a conservative philosophy via Garrett and his guys in Cassell and Weeden, attempting to buy time for Romo who was never healthy. Linehan wanted Moore in, but Garrett didn't. After Cassell was just that bad, Kellen Moore finally played a little and the play-calling with Linehan's boy changed. Cole Beasley was getting trashed on this forum and when Moore was inserted, Beasley's numbers went up. That season Jerry himself alluded to the fact that we still should have won some games via coaching, without Romo.

Now, with Linehan in complete control we see a more assertive offense, including shifting the pocket a lot and using Zeke in the passing game, including lining him out multiple times in the flank. This was very much how Linehan used Stafford and Reggie Bush, the only different obviously is Stafford's arm in comparison to Dak.

I personally am excited this year to see Romo in this offense and people are neglecting this.

This isn't simply about Zak, this is an OC who is one-step ahead of the defense in many ways.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, it makes sense in this respect: There is always the unknown when you factor in humans and human behavior. Yes, Tony Romo is talented. But that doesn't mean that he quickly establishes chemistry with the Cowboys offense. Remember last year in the first game against Dallas? He was very shaky even though he led a game-winning drive - aided largely by Eli's stupidity. Remember in 2014 in the first game against the 49ers? He was shaky and the Niners beat us.

Dak has been there from the beginning. He's played more in preseason than Tony did. He has grown with the team. And we're riding a six game winning streak.

Hence, the saying. :)

One of the problems, was our OL, just like this year, started off horribly. Leary was out and Collins didn't start and Martin had the neck injury.