Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is it's going to be real, real uncomfortable for Dak (and everyone) having to play with Tony Romo standing on the sidelines with a helmet on. Joe Montana, while in the prime of his career with multiple Super Bowls and on a 13 win 49er team, was once yanked from a playoff game for Steve Young. Jerry may take the elevator down to the field as soon as Dak unleashes one of his trademark 10 foot high passes in a big game....
Wow you've been reduced to this

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the doctors are finally convinced Romo the writing is on the wall. I'm sure he'll retire at the end of the season which is the only logical thing to do

Thanks for your efforts Tony

Zman5

Reaction score

I agree with this. This "chemistry" thing isn't due to Dak and how well Dak has performed but the fact the team is winning.

Had Dak played same or even better than he has but we lost few close games due to the defense or ST blunders, I guarantee that there will be some in the locker room wishing for Romo's return.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I see logic isn't your strong suit. Since no rookie has ever won the Super Bowl, that means "Neither has ______" was true about every Super Bowl winner, from Elway to Manning to Wilson. But it can change.
You know what hasn't changed? No rookie has ever won a Super Bowl.
if they let him play it out dak will win the sb, it is all laid out.
Only jerry and his son can derail it.

Tony can win his next year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think the doctors are finally convinced Romo the writing is on the wall. I'm sure he'll retire at the end of the season which is the only logical thing to do

Tony wont retire lol, he will play here or somewhere else in 2017.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
According to Elias, Prescott and Johnny Lujack (1948 Bears) are the only rookie quarterbacks to start 6-1 in NFL history. So we are about to enter uncharted territory and all bets are off.
Only Rookie QB's who won 2 playoff games in NFL history; Sanchez and Flacco.

Russell joins them as the only Rookie QB's to make it to a championship game. All lost.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Only Rookie QB's who won 2 playoff games in NFL history; Sanchez and Flacco.

Russell joins them as the only Rookie QB's to make it to a championship game. All lost.
dak is not like other rookie qb's, he is similar in some ways to wilson.
They didnt have the same type offense, and they all rode a defense.

This is different and if played out could break that record too.
Dak is the only cowboy rookie qb to win 6 in a row, broke bradys int record, and could easily break others.

I want to see it play out with him, and see just what happens, I see a potential sb run with dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
dak is not like other rookie qb's, he is similar in some ways to wilson.
They didnt have the same type offense, and they all rode a defense.

This is different and if played out could break that record too.
Dak is the only cowboy rookie qb to win 6 in a row, broke bradys int record, and could easily break others.

I want to see it play out with him, and see just what happens, I see a potential sb run with dak.
What common thread did those QB's have going for them?

Gabe

Reaction score
What common thread did those QB's have going for them?
All recent, still on NFL rosters, two have won Super Bowls?

All have at least twice as many playoff wins as Romo? Not trying to slam Romo just stating some facts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You'll see much like Dak struggled against Philly great defenses like Seattle or Minnesota will pose issues for Dak in the playoffs .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All recent, still on NFL rosters, two have won Super Bowls?

All have at least twice as many playoff wins as Romo? Not trying to slam Romo just stating some facts.
Yes, and I think Dak will win a Super Bowl too. Just not in his Rookie season .

Gabe

Reaction score
They had dominating defenses that carried them.
But yeah none of those players are as good as Dak Prescott. Cowboys defense is solid, offense is dominant... I like our chances to win it all... All things considered.

There really aren't any dominant NFL teams this season when you think about it. Let's see how it plays out. You act as if Dak will not make any adjustments.

LittleD

Reaction score

Just like Aikman, the Cowboys will have to release him and some QB starved team will come knocking for a 1 year deal. I'm not
sure Tony is all that certain to retire when there are millions left on the table to be had.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But yeah none of those players are as good as Dak Prescott. Cowboys defense is solid, offense is dominant... I like our chances to win it all... All things considered.

There really aren't any dominant NFL teams this season when you think about it. Let's see how it plays out. You act as if Dak will not make any adjustments.
Minnesota defense looks dominating . Seattle is still a force on defense.

And if you happen to get by them you'll have New England or Denvers defense waiting.

Great defenses usually beat great offenses .

That doesn't even take into account the Rookie QB issue.

What are you afraid of bringing our veteran QB back in?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Dak leads the Cowboys to the Super Bowl, Tony is as good as finished as a starting quarterback with this team. He'll either go somewhere else or become a highly paid backup.

Heck, if Dak leads the Cowboys to the playoffs, Tony is done.

Tony's only hope is to get healed and hope Dak screws up royally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here's the factor most of you are missing. Jerry is going to bring Romo back.

It's just a matter of when. When do you think is the best time?