Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo has taken teams to 13-3 (12-1 at one point) and 12-4 records. This idea that this same team could not be winning with him at QB, that he's not going to play again for the team, or he isn't the QB he used to be just two years ago, is entirely speculative. It is not based on his actual play, but his unfortunate injury history. Brady is thirty nine years old and he's still playing at a high level. Coaching and a surrounding team helps a QB tremendously.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
All I know is it's going to be real, real uncomfortable for Dak (and everyone) having to play with Tony Romo standing on the sidelines with a helmet on. Joe Montana, while in the prime of his career with multiple Super Bowls and on a 13 win 49er team, was once yanked from a playoff game for Steve Young. Jerry may take the elevator down to the field as soon as Dak unleashes one of his trademark 10 foot high passes in a big game....

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What it means to me is that if the training wheels fall off, they will roll Romo out there. If not, they will keep moving forward.

Which is an absolute ridiculous notion because if he's good enough that one man can change a teams fortunes he should be on the field now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the last 50 plus years of futility should make it pretty clear that we aren't going to win a Super Bowl with a rookie QB.
That's a Huge stat. Why aren't more fans talking about this?

No Rookie QB has ever made it to a Super Bowl much less won one.

That means none have ever even won a championship game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Off-topic, but it amuses me how some people (not you) battle against enormous odds every year. Anything's possible. A rookie quarterback may some day win the Super Bowl but the odds are stacked sky high against that happening. Likewise (and the reason for my rant), I enjoy the annual "We could go undefeated!" chant that some fans shout when their team starts the year without a loss. I've been saying "No team will ever go undefeated in today's salary cap free agency parity driven NFL" every season for over 20 years now whenever someone chants the nonsense at me. It's not going to happen but some people love the long odds. I still remember people saying the '07 Patriots would go undefeated. Good times...

/rant
Not as much of a stretch for a QB who'd won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years to have an undefeated season as a Rookie QB going to the Super Bowl.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Neither has Romo!
I see logic isn't your strong suit. Since no rookie has ever won the Super Bowl, that means "Neither has ______" was true about every Super Bowl winner, from Elway to Manning to Wilson. But it can change.
You know what hasn't changed? No rookie has ever won a Super Bowl.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I see logic isn't your strong suit. Since no rookie has ever won the Super Bowl, that means "Neither has ______" was true about every Super Bowl winner, from Elway to Manning to Wilson. But it can change.
You know what hasn't changed? No rookie has ever won a Super Bowl.
No rookie has ever won can also change

JJHLH1

Reaction score

According to Elias, Prescott and Johnny Lujack (1948 Bears) are the only rookie quarterbacks to start 6-1 in NFL history. So we are about to enter uncharted territory and all bets are off.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What if we lose to the Browns and Steelers? I bet Romo heals overnight, this is such crap Romo is ready to play but don't want to derail Dak.

If we lose to the winless Browns then Dak can take a seat next to the butt-fumbler.

No excuse to be the only team in the league to lose to the freaking Browns...............NONE

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
lJerry may take the elevator down to the field as soon as Dak unleashes one of his trademark 10 foot high passes in a big game....
:facepalm::laugh:

I think I need to start playing the violin up in here.

Jerry & Stephen are clearly neglecting a godlike creature.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

We hadn't beaten Green Bay at Lambeau in 5 straight games either. Why isn't anyone talking about that? You guys are really reaching for the stars over this Romo thing. Quite amusing.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
According to Elias, Prescott and Johnny Lujack (1948 Bears) are the only rookie quarterbacks to start 6-1 in NFL history. So we are about to enter uncharted territory and all bets are off.
I love it. Let's make history.

In Dak & Zeke I Trust.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If we lose to the winless Browns then Dak can take a seat next to the butt-fumbler.

No excuse to be the only team in the league to lose to the freaking Browns...............NONE
I can't take anyone seriously that actually speculates that we might lose to the Browns. This young team is on a mission and if folks can't see that.. Well I just feel sorry for them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh, Jerry. I'm sure he knows, "...some point at the end of the year at the latest" is essentially meaningless. It doesn't really even exclude the Browns game.
jerry already said dak will start cleveland game.

If they put romo back in without dak playing real bad, or if dak has won all or only 1 loss, and then tony loses in playoffs,
the media will munch on jerry and steve a long time for doing that.

All the media hot shots, say keep rolling with dak.
Even jimmy changed his mind after the cinn win pr the GB win.
But sas is saying jerry will do it, and that will be his xmas present.