Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

Gabe

Reaction score
Minnesota defense looks dominating . Seattle is still a force on defense.

And if you happen to get by them you'll have New England or Denvers defense waiting.

Great defenses usually beat great offenses .

That doesn't even take into account the Rookie QB issue.

What are you afraid of bringing our veteran QB back in?
What is this Rookie QB issue you speak of? Dak is playing better than many 5-10 year vets.

What we have is clearly working. We are the BEST team in the NFC. Why try to fix what isn't broken? If we see Dak stumble for 3-4 games and still have a shot, I say give Romo a shot to carry the torch... Until that time....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They had dominating defenses that carried them.
yes i said that, and our defense isnt as good, but our offense is I think better than those teams.

The thing about dak is the long drives, which lower the # of possesions for both teams, that helps our defense .
The other offense gets cold on the sidelines.

The other teams, in the nfc, are not looking that strong right now, so playoffs might not be as tough
as I thought before the season.

Only thing is if dak did lead them to sb, chances are it would be NE or Den we have to play and that is tough one with either
dak or romo.

Gabe

Reaction score
Here's the factor most of you are missing. Jerry is going to bring Romo back.

It's just a matter of when. When do you think is the best time?
Nothing more than pure speculation. Have you seen how much his statements have changed as we have kept winning?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is this Rookie QB issue you speak of? Dak is playing better than many 5-10 year vets.

What we have is clearly working. We are the BEST team in the NFC. Why try to fix what isn't broken? If we see Dak stumble for 3-4 games and still have a shot, I say give Romo a shot to carry the torch... Until that time....
The Rookie issue is what we were just discussing in that none have ever been to Super Bowl meaning they struggle in playoffs.

Are you saying Dak will become the first Rookie QB to a achampionship game?

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I think he is referring to the no rookie qb has gone to sb.
another record to be broken!

Wait what about brady he was a rookie.??

Gabe

Reaction score
The Rookie issue is what we were just discussing in that none have ever been to Super Bowl meaning they struggle in playoffs.

Russell Wilson reached the championship game as a rookie. Dak is better than Wilson.

Yes, I truly think we have the ability to win it all with him this year. Who is going to stop us?

As scary as it is, we still havent seen the best from Dak yet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yes i said that, and our defense isnt as good, but our offense is I think better than those teams.

The thing about dak is the long drives, which lower the # of possesions for both teams, that helps our defense .
The other offense gets cold on the sidelines.

The other teams, in the nfc, are not looking that strong right now, so playoffs might not be as tough
as I thought before the season.

Only thing is if dak did lead them to sb, chances are it would be NE or Den we have to play and that is tough one with either
dak or romo.
The Eagle game is a great example of what could happen in the playoffs . He'll need those kind of comebacks. Obviously it's possible but unlikely against even better defenses and offenses .

Gabe

Reaction score
The Eagle game is a great example of what could happen in the playoffs . He'll need those kind of comebacks. Obviously it's possible but unlikely against even better defenses and offenses .
Why do you think every game will be exactly like that one?

They pretty much blew out GB and Cincy. Those are two of your better teams. We didn't play up to par vs Philly... And guess what? We still won!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Russell Wilson reached the championship game as a rookie. Dak is better than Wilson.

Yes, I truly think we have the ability to win it all with him this year. Who is going to stop us?
In the NFC. I'd take Minn or Seattle defense. And in SB Pats with Brady and Denvers defense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why do you think every game will be exactly like that one?
Because of the pressure from defense. Why did Denver defense give Brady and Russell fits last year?

Why did Seattle defense give Peyton fits in SB blowout?

Why did Giants defense give Brady fits twice in SB?

Do you need more examples. And a couple of those are veteran HOF QB's.

Gabe

Reaction score
In the NFC. I'd take Minn or Seattle defense. And in SB Pats with Brady and Denvers defense.
ALL very winnable games. You do realize we just played poorly vs Philly in virtually every facet of the game and still won. We also destroyed Chicago. Both teams beat Minnesota. Again, VERY winnable games.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Minnesota defense looks dominating . Seattle is still a force on defense.

Minnesota let Jordan Howard run for 154 yards against them. And Jay Cutler isn't a threat to run out of the backfield. Seattle doesn't have the offense to keep up with the Cowboys, IMO. And you have to take into consideration that Seattle plays against Case Keenum, immobile Carson Palmer and Blaine Gabbert/Colin Kaepernick (who has become woefully inaccurate) twice a year. That's not what I would call the gauntlet of elite quarterbacks. But Seattle isn't as consistent on offense either. I think our offensive line neutralizes the advantage Seattle has with its front four.

And if you happen to get by them you'll have New England or Denvers defense waiting.

If we get to the Super Bowl, we'd have two weeks to prepare. But understand the significance of what you just said. We'd be in the Super Bowl with a rookie quarterback. That would portend well for our future.

Great defenses usually beat great offenses.

That's true. But wouldn't that be the case whether Romo or Dak were quarterbacking the Cowboys?

That doesn't even take into account the Rookie QB issue.

If Dak is good enough to get us to a Super Bowl, I would think that the "rookie" issue wouldn't be much of one.

What are you afraid of bringing our veteran QB back in?

Destroying the momentum and chemistry we've established with Dak.
Another injury to Romo.
The propensity to do too much and make a costly mistake.
Delaying the progress of our potential franchise quarterback.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothing more than pure speculation. Have you seen how much his statements have changed as we have kept winning?
Yes I have , and I expect and predicted early on Jerry would screw this up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he is referring to the no rookie qb has gone to sb.
another record to be broken!

Wait what about brady he was a rookie.??
Brady was not a rookie.

It's difficult for me to argue with fans who don't have the facts straight. If your not sure. Look it up. Don't waste my time . Thanks

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Well, most rookie quarterbacks don't start in their first year - so that kind of makes the rookie quarterback not making the playoffs almost an irrelevant argument. Those who do are generally top picks, meaning they're being drafted by crappy teams so they're typically not in a position to make the Super Bowl, much less the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
ALL very winnable games. You do realize we just played poorly vs Philly in virtually every facet of the game and still won. We also destroyed Chicago. Both teams beat Minnesota. Again, VERY winnable games.
I take with this reasoning you think the Giants are better than us since they beat us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, most rookie quarterbacks don't start in their first year - so that kind of makes the rookie quarterback not making the playoffs almost an irrelevant argument. Those who do are generally top picks, meaning they're being drafted by crappy teams so they're typically not in a position to make the Super Bowl, much less the playoffs.
Finally , some logic here not just a hope and a prayer .

There's actually a pretty good list of Rookie QB's who have made the playoffs which I posted back when the season begun. The only negative is them never getting past the championship game and only 2 have won more than 1 playoff game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Which NFC teams have a better defense than the Eagles?
Which NFC teams have a better offense than the Packers?
And which NFC team would you say has a better defense AND offense than the Packers, Eagles and Cowboys?