Jimmy Johnson back in the fold? (Update Post 106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
we are so desperate as a franchise, some see this as the next coming.

Guys, its not going to do anything. But some of you guys have that green that Jerry likes and he ll get it.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy: Thank you for the opportunity. I'd be glad to help as much as I can.

Jerry: So let's have it. What do you see? What do we need to do to take the next step?

Jimmy: Well you need to hire a real GM and get you and your son out of it.

Jimmy: Hello? ..... Jerry?....You still there?
LOL!! I couldn't have said it any better!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jimmy's just kidding
^ This. Jimmy Johnson was only joking when his Ring of Honor induction was mentioned on The Joe Rose Show. Members can listen to what Johnson said in context by clicking on the link below (audio is already set to start at the 8:20 mark/related comment lasts for less than one minute):

https://omny.fm/shows/joe-rose-show/jimmy-johnson-on-why-the-dolphins-should-extend-tu?t=8m20s

I forgot Bill Parcells' advice when I first read the story, "Don't get sucked." :laugh:

It was a nice mini-dream while it lasted though. :(

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-cowboys-jerry-jones-after-ring-of-honor-add/

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."
Will jerry listen is the question

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
^ This. Jimmy Johnson was only joking when his Ring of Honor induction was mentioned on The Joe Rose Show. Members can listen to what Johnson said in context by clicking on the link below (audio is already set to start at the 8:20 mark/related comment lasts for less than one minute):

https://omny.fm/shows/joe-rose-show/jimmy-johnson-on-why-the-dolphins-should-extend-tu?t=8m20s

I forgot Bill Parcells' advice when I first read the story, "Don't get sucked." :laugh:

It was a nice mini-dream while it lasted though. :(
Didn't seem to be joking about talking with Jerry after the playoff loss. Being on his advisory board may have been the joke but he did in fact speak with Jerry on the state of the team.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Didn't seem to be joking about talking with Jerry after the playoff loss. Being on his advisory board may have been the joke but he did in fact speak with Jerry on the state of the team.
Please bring us some good news this week!

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this. I like that Jerry is opening his world to new things, like listening to Jimmy. But I don't know how close to the game and players Jimmy has been.

I am curious though. What did Jimmy tell Jerry about this team. Was it Jimmy who told him to hire Zimmer? Is that Jimmy's way of getting Jerry to fix the discipline on this team?
People keep blaming Dak, and rightfully so, but the entire team has no fight in them. If you're old enough to remember that '89 Cowboys team, they lost a lot of games, but not from a lack of trying. That 1991 team went into Washington and beat an 11-0 team. They had fire. This team doesn't. The second they get punched they fold. Something has to change. This team doesn't play at a high intensity level. I don't know how to fix that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is true Johnson was not joking about his phone call with Jones but he made a sarcastic joke about the phone call's importance. There is no doubt of his comment's importance based on the actual comment's context.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People keep blaming Dak, and rightfully so, but the entire team has no fight in them. If you're old enough to remember that '89 Cowboys team, they lost a lot of games, but not from a lack of trying. That 1991 team went into Washington and beat an 11-0 team. They had fire. This team doesn't. The second they get punched they fold. Something has to change. This team doesn't play at a high intensity level. I don't know how to fix that.
Bold> This has been a continual problem for Cowboys teams over the past three decades. I call it lack of grit, something they have repeatedly demonstrated during crucial moments in games.

It happened during the Romo years as well. One of biggest examples was the 44-6 beatdown to Philadelphia in 2008. Just laid down.

Trends are sometimes hard to define. This franchise has seen players come-and-go. Coaches hired and fired. Scouts and lower front office executives shuffled and reset. Yet it continues.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think it really matters whether this entire story has all the details,

the fact is if they're talking in any way behind the scenes about football and the Dallas Cowboys even if it's like 2 dudes sitting at a bar some old friends spit balling some ideas on what could have gone wrong and what can get fixed between these two, I'm all for it...

he's not going to be working for the Dallas Cowboys I don't care what people took from that article but if he's consulting in any way or advising that's always a positive someone in Jerry's ear from the outside especially that hey here's the media and all the blowback and the negativity that's coming since that loss any input from Jimmy Johnson to Jerry Jones is a good thing...​

Status
Not open for further replies.