kid slaps mom

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3306064 said:
2 reasons If I had a son this wouldn't happen;

1; I would never allow my kid to become that obese
2; if my son raised their voice at anyone, I would call my brother and say "You raise it or I put it up for adoption"

People have posted in this topic they never hit their mom/spoke back to them;

I speak back to my mom often, could be generational since most of you are much older- I would never even consider laying a hand on my mother though, that kid should be hung as an example.

you mean hanged

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score

2; if my son raised their voice at anyone, I would call my brother and say "You raise it or I put it up for adoption"

I speak back to my mom often, could be generational since most of you are much older- I would never even consider laying a hand on my mother though, that kid should be hung as an example.

I never spoke back to my mom much because my dad would have beat my *** lol

after she would wallop me a couple of times in the face.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

There's a difference between disagreeing with your mother and "talking back" to her. I disagreed with my mom plenty when I was younger, but there was always a line you didn't cross.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
TheCount;3306177 said:
There's a difference between disagreeing with your mother and "talking back" to her. I disagreed with my mom plenty when I was younger, but there was always a line you didn't cross.

please explain the difference.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Most parents think disagreeing with them is talking back.

My son talks back all the time. Hell he even calls my wife and I by our first names a lot of the time.

I am glad he doesn't just accept what "the man" says. Will serve him well.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3306240 said:

You can disagree with your parents and calmly state your point of view without catching an attitude, i.e., yelling and screaming, calling them names, slamming doors, ignoring them or walking away when they're talking to you, or any other body language that is clearly disrespectful, etc...

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3306253 said:
Most parents think disagreeing with them is talking back.

My son talks back all the time. Hell he even calls my wife and I by our first names a lot of the time.

Yup. Your Canadian.

;)

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
I work with kids who have internalizing and externalizing problems. I see the family structure is often convoluted and very unstable. You see Jerry Springer and think it's awful and weird and whatnot, but these are the types of families I see very often. I see step-sons sleeping with their step-mother because she can't say no because she's been taught all her life you can't say no to males without severe repercussions. I've seen sons call their mom/other women b* and hit them, because he's modeling the way his father treats his mother. The father doesn't even realize it, and will tell you..."see, even my son knows she's a b*"

Do I wish many parents do learn at least the basic parenting techniques, especially to deal with difficult children? Yes, but, I don't automatically condemn a parent before knowing the full story. I think it is sad, since it's all too common, but children are complex, and one size parenting does not fit all. If this kid we saw on Dr. Phil was in a special behavioral/emotional classroom, he could also be picking up a lot of the behaviors from his classmates. I don't know. It just makes me really sad for this situation, it doesn't automatically make me condemn her for being a bad parent until I know more of the situation.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3306240 said:

There's a way to disagree respectfully with someone you respect and a way to disagree disrespectfully to someone you don't. If you don't know the difference, I can't help you with that.

In addition, even if you disagree respectfully with your parents, that doesn't mean you don't end up doing exactly what they told you to do anyway.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ethiostar;3306272 said:
You can disagree with your parents and calmly state your point of view without catching an attitude, i.e., yelling and screaming, calling them names, slamming doors, ignoring them or walking away when they're talking to you, or any other body language that is clearly disrespectful, etc...

I certaintly yell.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Usually as kids, you really don't have an out to disagree with your parents. That option shouldn't even be there unless your parents are telling you to do something ammoral.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3306253 said:

I am so glad you are not a real American.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3306412 said:
I have already answered this earlier in the thread. No.

You hell at me and call me nancy...not sure if that counts.:banghead:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;3306422 said:
mmmmm too much info Brain

Shutup before I beat the maple leafs off your back side.:D