Video: Kyle Brandt from NFLN calls out Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think the post you were referring to said Dak said these things, and neither did I. I (and I believe the other poster) were talking about the CZers and media people who say that very frequently.

You, yourself said something to the effect of, "Nobody ever said that.".
I also said “he’s never claimed that”. So the issue isn’t Dak saying it it’s zoners and media people saying it?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So your so called leader needs a leader to lead him? How then does that make him a leader of anything?
The leader can’t run block, or run the ball or stop the other team from running down your throat.

IMG-0493.webp

Hadenough

Reaction score
The leader can’t run block, or run the ball or stop the other team from running down your throat.

IMG-0493.webp
The most important position is the QB. You have a good one and watch the team around him come to life. Players are sick and tired of Daks disappearing act for long periods of time. Even CeeDee was yelling at him early in that Packers game. The year before it was Parsons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The most important position is the QB. You have a good one and watch the team around him come to life. Players are sick and tired of Daks disappearing act for long periods of time. Even CeeDee was yelling at him early in that Packers game. The year before it was Parsons.
You don’t even know the team you root for has a culture problem and you just described why lol.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I wouldn't take a single dollar less if I was Dak. The jones family has proven they won't spend in free agency. Next season is one of the worst free agent classes I've seen. So if I'm dak, I'm getting every single penny I can.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
When did anyone besides people on this board said he wants to be the highest paid.
his agent will want market price,+ a little, so he will be the highest paid .
According to Fish that would be 54 mil right now. Not sure what the guarnteed money market is, but kurt I think got 180 mil G .

I dont know who started the 60 mil thing but it came from someone.
My initial guess was dak would ask for 55 mil.

Using logic, Dak must have asked for more than the jones boys wanted to pay, and if they think it is too much, it stands to reason
it is around 60 mil.

They knew it would be around market price at least which is now 53 so why would they balk at that??

Also fish show today was about brandt, and fish made fun of him saying it is bad reporting and ridiculous to suggest dak play
for vet min , which is what brandt said.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
That’s fine I just think that’s poor uses of managing your cap. If you have questions or him winning a SB you should move on.
I think that's what Jerry is doing exactly. He has questions on him winning a SB so he's letting him ride off on his last year of his contract. If Dak surprises the living **** out of everyone and wins a SB then Jerry says name the price and signs him to whatever contract he wants. Really, Jerry doesn't lose in either situation.

Option 1 ) Dak Chokes - He doesn't pay an average QB elite money to choke in the playoffs for the next 5 years.

OR

Option 2 ) Dak wins a SB - Cowboys stock sky rockets and Jerry pays Dak whatever he wants.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think that's what Jerry is doing exactly. He has questions on him winning a SB so he's letting him ride off on his last year of his contract. If Dak surprises the living **** out of everyone and wins a SB then Jerry says name the price and signs him to whatever contract he wants. Really, Jerry doesn't lose in either situation.

Option 1 ) Dak Chokes - He doesn't pay an average QB elite money to choke in the playoffs for the next 5 years.

OR

Option 2 ) Dak wins a SB - Cowboys stock sky rockets and Jerry pays Dak whatever he wants.
So you let Dak go with no compensation or anything? So what’s the excuse for why Micah and Lamb don’t have deals? You’re naming excuses for good incompetence.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
So you let Dak go with no compensation or anything? So what’s the excuse for why Micah and Lamb don’t have deals? You’re naming excuses for good incompetence.
They probably don't have deals yet because 20% of our salary cap is being held up by a very average soon to be free agent. Lamb and Micah's agents know there guys are going to get big contract offers from the Cowboys. They are both actually better off waiting to reach the market then sign a deal right now. I imagine there isn't a deal done yet because they have smart agents, as I'm sure Jerry would love to get them both on long term contracts sooner then later. In Daks case it appears to me that Jerry is fine with a wait and see approach. Which makes sense for how awful Dak has played in our last 3 eliminations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They probably don't have deals yet because 20% of our salary cap is being held up by a very average soon to be free agent. Lamb and Micah's agents know there guys are going to get big contract offers from the Cowboys. They are both actually better off waiting to reach the market then sign a deal right now. I imagine there isn't a deal done yet because they have smart agents, as I'm sure Jerry would love to get them both on long term contracts sooner then later. In Daks case it appears to me that Jerry is fine with a wait and see approach. Which makes sense for how awful Dak has played in our last 3 eliminations.
You’re making excuses for their incompetence and I’m not entirely sure why….

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This

He saw this

0_dak-prescott.jpg

And said "Ok thats enough of this crap"

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Tripling the salary cap would be ineffective. The salary cap has annually increased almost every year single its creation with the current collective bargaining agreement format. Player salaries have kept pace with the increases.

Subsequently, tripling the cap will triple salaries. An alternative hedge, to the owners (and NFLPA) self-imposed nonsense, would be instituting compensation exceptions like the NBA's Larry Bird stipulation.

It is highly unlikely to happen though. The perpetually reinforced parity system agrees with both the owners and union's wishes.
I was making an example ...... not what I want them to do.

kumizi

Reaction score
I was hoping he would make fun of the "I dont play for money" part. But he took it in another completely cringe direction.