Video: Kyle Brandt from NFLN calls out Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, it is a direct quote from the person in question saying something you seem to be emphatically stating that he has never said about himself.

PS - it's not the only time he has said such things about himself.
It’s not the only time in that interview that he called himself a leader.

Read my post above with the tweet attached.

TMC just stays being wrong lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, it is a direct quote from the person in question saying something you seem to be emphatically stating that he has never said about himself.

PS - it's not the only time he has said such things about himself.
Fair enough. I think it’s silly to critique him for such generic statements. His play on the field is one thing but him saying he’s a leader seems to be a stretch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know how it would be possible to follow this player like you do and not have heard him speak of his leadership.
I don’t follow his interviews. I stated yesterday I don’t take any of this stuff serious and stopped listening to them long ago. Only time I know he says something is when it’s posted here and maybe it was posted and I just ignored missed it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak needs to just say *** it and go off on his critics one time.
He could do that by stepping up his level of play against quality opponents, but he doesn't because he simply can't do it. What is he going to tell his critics after crapping the bed in the playoffs and now being the sole owner of the worst playoff record of any QB in the league?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know how it would be possible to follow this player like you do and not have heard him speak of his leadership.
I don’t follow his interviews. I stated yesterday I don’t take any of this stuff serious and stopped listening to them long ago. Only time I know he says something is when it’s posted here and maybe it was posted and I just ignored it.
The same was you assumed Daks never called himself a leader? Lol

Imagine someone arguing with me about Dak saying he’s a leader. The dumbest thing to argue. But that’s Mounaineer Eagle fan. :laugh:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Fair enough. I think it’s silly to critique him for such generic statements. His play on the field is one thing but him saying he’s a leader seems to be a stretch.
Two separate things. I think most people are tired of & see thru the cliches of all athletes, entertainers, etc.. His supposed legendary "leadership" being one of them.

I don't think people were really harping on that though. It was you saying he didn't and had never said it. I'm just being honest. That came off as a pretty wild statement to defend him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t follow his interviews. I stated yesterday I don’t take any of this stuff serious and stopped listening to them long ago. Only time I know he says something is when it’s posted here and maybe it was posted and I just ignored it.

Imagine someone arguing with me about Dak saying he’s a leader. The dumbest thing to argue. But that’s Mounaineer Eagle fan. :laugh:
I just like watching you say things that you’re so sure about, that takes 10 seconds of research to debunk, get proven wrong.

Stay wrong, bro!

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
He could do that by stepping up his level of play against quality opponents, but he doesn't because he simply can't do it. What is he going to tell his critics after crapping the bed in the playoffs and now being the sole owner of the worst playoff record of any QB in the league?
I don't put the blame on one player. We lose in the postseason because our teams are mentally soft, out coached and not prepared for big moments. It's a systematic problem and not on one player.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
That’s an issue. Who cares what fans think? This is just. I’m not even saying bring Dak back. I’m saying you should’ve made a decision on him before now. You don’t take a wait and see approach or be indecisive. Why does Dak have to wait to fail or to succeed to make a decision on him? It’s been 8 years you know what he is.

Exactly, you know what he is. Not elite not the worst, also not good enough to win a SB by himself. Jerry probably knows Dak has it in him to play better in the playoffs, but for some odd reason he chokes huge. Jerry and myself are totally fine if he chokes again. That just means we move on to another QB...but if he totally surprises me and plays like Tom Brady for 3 playoff games and makes it to a SB, or even better, wins it. I give him whatever contract he wants.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
In order to understand the first part you bolded you can’t ignore the second part you surprisingly didn’t bold. Nice try.
Not only did you say both no-one AND Dak didn't say it, but you also took (purposely?) the original comment you responded to out of context as that comment never said Dak said it.

Then you ignored (purposely?) the documented proof that you are in fact wrong about Dak himself saying it.

Nice try though.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don’t follow his interviews. I stated yesterday I don’t take any of this stuff serious and stopped listening to them long ago. Only time I know he says something is when it’s posted here and maybe it was posted and I just ignored missed it.
And yet the foundation of your argument is that you never heard him say it.

I gotta say kiddo, this is some of your best work.

Creeper

Reaction score
"Dak always says the right things." I saw this posted all over X after Dak's comments went public. Such BS. Brandt is right. Saying you don't play for money when we all saw what happened the last time his contract is gaslighting.

Of course he plays for money. They all play for money. And the thing is, none of these guys need the money they hold out for. It would be so easy for Dak to take $40 million PER YEAR. That is a lot of money. He will never need to work another day in his life and he will live like a king the entire time. But Brandt is also right about Dak having a lucrative career after he retires. If Dak takes another 4 year, $160 million deal that is the equivalent of $2.67 million per year for the next 30 years, not counting the interest or capital gains he would get from investing that money. No one needs that much money to live a great life. Only a very time % of people in America make that kind of money.

To be clear, I am not suggesting need has anything to do with what he should get paid. Every player has a right to ask for whatever he thinks he is worth no matter how exorbitant it may seem to us. And I don't have any moral objections to them asking for it. The owners are out to stiff the players, and the players are out to get their perceived value. Just don't give me this BS story about not doing it for the money.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So is this a take for a higher salary cap or just individual players should get as much as they can? Because this seems like more of an argument for a higher salary cap (absolutely, by the way), but as a fan of a team, why should anyone root for an individual player to get as much as they can.. unless it's for a rival as to screw their cap situation.
Whats good for the goose?